Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no part of the adviser interview during the referral to work program that specifies what your rights are, in the interview the requirement of the adviser is to ensure that the relevant paperwork, leaflets and dialogues on the computer system are updated correctly.

Also there is noting in the guidance to state what rights customers have or don't have iygwim? It is a process that is to be followed, a bit like the contact centre staff who follow the script when taking a new claim even if they know that someone is claiing the wrong benefit or has no entitlement they aren't allowed to deviate from the script.

NLP is not treatment - it is snake oil peddled by snake oil salesmen. In March I had the misfortune to be mandated onto a one day course run by people who described themselves as "masters of Neuro Linguistic programming". There was no prior discussion of the course prior to my mandation, no prior mention of NLP just a letter in the post mandating my attendance. Needless to say the course itself was completely useless but the poor victims (including me) had to sit through it all. If any one had left the result would've been a sanction doubt, disagreeing too vehemently with the twit attempting to impart his wisdom carried the same omnipresent threat of removal of all income.

I got angry and decided to get even.

I spoke to a journalist from the Financial Times. My comments and experience formed part of an article she did and which was published in the FT - from memory it was titled "The role of Neuro Linguistic programming in the Work programme" (or something similar).

A4e attempted to defend themselves - they claimed that the course was discussed with attendees prior to the course and that everyone had agreed to attend (two lies there in quick succession).

I don't think A4e will be quite so quick to go anywhere near NLP in the future.

Sorry to learn of your experience..... others may have reacted badly when being subject to baloney, irrespective of whether through a session (which turns out to be NLP), or in a Work Programme meeting with any Administrative Clerk employed by A4E.

Can you elaborate on i) the area of the UK covered by A4E, ii) whether A4E Clerks or a separate organisation delivered the NLP.

Not sure as to how extensive NLP is used.... hopefully, in due course, a recording of the sham can be posted on Youtube.

Sorry to learn of your experience..... others may have reacted badly when being subject to baloney, irrespective of whether through a session (which turns out to be NLP), or in a Work Programme meeting with any Administrative Clerk employed by A4E.

Can you elaborate on i) the area of the UK covered by A4E, ii) whether A4E Clerks or a separate organisation delivered the NLP.

Not sure as to how extensive NLP is used.... hopefully, in due course, a recording of the sham can be posted on Youtube.

The "training" (Ha!) was delivered (inflicted) by this bunch of charlatans

http://welfaretowork.instanttraining.org.uk/

Seems they're still in business as their website's still up. I think this was a local initiative by A4greed - I so I doubt if this particular bunch of snake oil salesmen has been hired much further afield than their HQ of Derby.

No doubt there are similar outfits touting for business and making a nice living from taxpayers' money nationwide.

Originally their site included a short clip (about 4 minutes) of the trainer ("Nigel Heald MABNLP ABH, qualified NLP Master Practitioner" ) strutting his harangue. I don't seem to see the clip now! You needed a strong stomach and a complete lack of any critical faculty to watch the clip. Imagine what 4 hours of it was like.

can i withdraw my consent as i got forced into signing the data protection thinggy yesterday?
Well I'm not sure how they "forced" you! I know they can be bullies but you have the right not to sign. You also have the right to change your mind. This is a draft wording that should do the trick:

Re: Data waiver agreement under the Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Pimpo,

As you are aware I have signed the data waiver/consent form thus authorising

PIMPO to share my data with other bodies including potential and actual

employers. You should also be aware that I have the right to withdraw this

consent at any time without giving reasons or explanations.

I understand that such withdrawal does not effect my placement on the Work

Programme or any employment or offer of employment made.

Please take this letter as notification of the withdrawal of my consent with

immediate effect and alter your records to show that my data sharing consent has

been withdrawn. Please sign and date the copy of this letter to acknowledge

that it has been received by PIMPO and my instructions will be acted upon.

Yours sincerely,

Gissajob

I acknowledge receipt of the withdrawal of consent and confirm that it will

be acted upon without delay.

Signed :……………………………. on behalf of PIMPO

Name:

Job Description:

Don't worry too much if they refuse to acknowledge receipt - the letter is still valid. Keep a copy for your records,

can i withdraw my consent as i got forced into signing the data protection thinggy yesterday?

1 thing that annoys me as much as it sounds stupid Is the way an advisor has there own pen in there hand prior to you signing it and they go right out of there way to get you another pen, like you've got a disease or something,

G4C389 I have to admit I have "my" work pen and don't like anyone else using it (colleagues or customers alike), only because sometimes I put the blasted thing in my mouth and don't fancy the idea of doing it after someone I dont know has touched it! Actually I don't even share my home pen with my husband :o

G4C389 I have to admit I have "my" work pen and don't like anyone else using it (colleagues or customers alike), only because sometimes I put the blasted thing in my mouth and don't fancy the idea of doing it after someone I dont know has touched it! Actually I don't even share my home pen with my husband :o

I understand, fair enough

I understand I did say it sounds stupid, just personally I felt that way

Edited by G4C389

Well I'm not sure how they "forced" you! I know they can be bullies but you have the right not to sign. You also have the right to change your mind. This is a draft wording that should do the trick:

Re: Data waiver agreement under the Data Protection Act 1998

Don't worry too much if they refuse to acknowledge receipt - the letter is still valid. Keep a copy for your records,

will do, he said that i had to sign it in order for them to send my c/v to employers

will do, he said that i had to sign it in order for them to send my c/v to employers

is this something where they are telling the truth or is it yet another lie? I had the same speech made and yet they never done it for the first 14 months I was there

is this something where they are telling the truth or is it yet another lie? I had the same speech made and yet they never done it for the first 14 months I was there

It's the truth. The consent to 'share' is exactly that. No signature = no consent to share personal information.

tbh i find the hard to believe anything ingeus says :/

i'm not happy at them been able to send my c/v to anyone so i plan to withdraw my consent, also i had to sign a second form but i can't remember what it was about :!:

do i just hand the form in when i next attend ingeus or do i post it?

Best to hand it in!...

After working at Royal Mail over Xmas, post can get damaged/lost. So, when Ingeus say they never received it in the post, they may actually be telling the truth? LOL...

Unless you send it recorded delivery, then Ingeus could/would deny never receiving it!!! Also, hand in a copy to your local job centre.

do i just hand the form in when i next attend ingeus or do i post it?

I've not got round to withdrawing my consent yet (there's no rush a.t.m) but everytime I go to WP I take 2 copies of the withdrawal letter with me. I'd want to know they definately received the letter ;-)

tbh i find the hard to believe anything ingeus says :/

i'm not happy at them been able to send my c/v to anyone so i plan to withdraw my consent, also i had to sign a second form but i can't remember what it was about :!:

The second one was likely permission to hold your CV on their system.

How did they make you sign? Were they putting serious pressure on you? If so put in a complaint to the DWP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does everyone with the work program who has signed up with UJM also know about not giving them the gateway number and password?

Our local providers have been trying to push people into giving those details so they can log in to the account with them at advisory meetings/job searches!

They are not allowed to request this information and neither are JCP as JCP have portal to view through their desktops but providers dont (again only if consent is given on the account).

Does everyone with the work program who has signed up with UJM also know about not giving them the gateway number and password?

Our local providers have been trying to push people into giving those details so they can log in to the account with them at advisory meetings/job searches!

They are not allowed to request this information and neither are JCP as JCP have portal to view through their desktops but providers dont (again only if consent is given on the account).

To be fair, it is entirely optional for candidates, when they create a Universal Job Match account, to give authorisation to the DWP to access their Accounts.However, this is an irrelevancy given that, in order to create a UJ Account, candidates must accept the Terms and Conditions, Privacy and Cookies Policy - where Monster operates Universal Job Match on behalf of the DWP, where Monster is considered to be a Data Processor, and the DWP can use the data contained in whatever way it deems fit.

Thus, when candidates are conscripted to the Work Programme, the DWP and Job Centre Plus designates Work Programme Provider (both Primes and Subcontractors) as being Data Processors, and may distribute candidate data to any party without the need to secure authorisation or permission from the candidate to do so.

Conversely, when with the Work Programme, although candidates may be required to provide a Job Search Record, and the pimps may insist that the name and addresses of employers be provided so that they can "follow up on each application", candidates are not required to do this. However, if a candidate creates an account for Universal Job Match, then there is nothing to prevent the DWP from distributing all data to the W2W Sector.