• Tweets

• I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
    • quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can find the Law on sanctions and what types of conduct will attract sanctions in here....click on link below!!!

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmbills/154/11154.pdf

Scroll down in contents page...you will find the sanctions for JOBSEEKER'S ALLOWANCE starting on page 46

CHAPTER 1

JOBSEEKER’S ALLOWANCE

Claimant responsibilities for interim period

44 Claimant commitment for jobseeker’s allowance

45 Interviews

46 Sanctions

47 Procedure for regulation-making powers

48 Consequential amendments

CRIMINAL behaviour is listed below are below

Loss of benefit

112 Benefit offences: disqualifying and sanctionable benefits

113 Benefit offences: period of sanction

114 Benefit offences: sanctions for repeated benefit fraud

115 Loss of tax credits

116 Cautions

rgds

m2ae

Edited by means2anend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just been for my second appointment at Analingus. Eeeek.

Took a page out of Big Georges book and got audio (PM me your email address BG and i'll email you a copy). Here's an excerpt following my advisor telling me to "draw a line under last week" and me telling him I felt he was "brushing my concerns under the carpet":

Me: I am... I'm really concerned that people are been told here that you have this authority, this mandate, to against their will to seize that personal data, 'sensitive data'.

Advisor: If I'm honest. I'll tell you something. I've worked here for four years and in the whole time i've never had anybody refuse to [inaudible]

Me: So you've not been trained how to deal with me then?

Advisor: I wouldn't say that. In terms of train... trained how to deal with you? Am I.... Am I a psycho therapist?

Me: Why do you think I need psychotherapy?

Advisor: This is what I mean... I didnt say you needed psychotherapy

Me: Why Do I need a psychotherapist?

Advisor: Its just a psychotherapist would know how to deal with your 'behaviour'

I'll point out for the record that my 'behaviour' up to this point did not involve anything like dribbling, playing with myself out of compulsion under the table or any other activity that i've known needed the intervention of a psychotherapist. The 'behaviour' in this case was not parting with my sensitive data and voicing my concerns.

The link between sanctions and not giving personal info is spelt out on the tape too. I'll dig out the gems and transcribe here. Can I have advice from admin plz about whether I can post the audio here and if I can publish my advisor first name here?

Cheers

We do not allow the posting of names - I'll check about the audio and get back to you.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I need some advice please everyone...

I lost my delivery job a couple of weeks ago so the job centre put me back on this Ingeus Programme!:-x

On Monday i had an interview at Premier Inn (Preston) but accepted that is was only 16 hours and was happy with that due to it being only 5 miles from me. I heard nothing from them, but to be honest you very rarely hear back from an interview.

On Wednesday Ingeus gave me another phone call regarding a restaurant vacancy at a childrens entertainments venue. I asked the Ingeus lady if it was more than part time hours and she said yes!

At the interview i was asked if i have any kitchen experience to which i replied no! I only have basic catering experience ect. She asked if i could do a work trial to which i said yes as it would only be for a few hours. After this i asked about the hours to which she replied it's only 16 hours. I said i was unhappy due to being told it would be more hours ect.

I then phoned Ingeus when i got home and she made out that i was in the wrong and that i did'nt understand her. She came up with a bull $%£^ story to get herself out of it and that she would contact the employer for me. 4 hours later! She called me back saying it's 16 hours minimum but pos more hours in the future.

I told her i want more than 16 hours due to me living 20 miles away from Southport but she made it clear that i have to do the work trial at 2pm today.

After reading about work trials and being told by Ingeus that it's unpaid i just want to clairfy a few things :-

Do i have to take part in an "illegal" unpaid work trial?

Would my benefits be sanctioned if i don't take it?

I have read many websites and spoke to my job centre advisor who says unpaid work trials are illegal ect. Why then do Ingeus pressure people into doing them? I told Ingeus 16 hours is $%£$ and that i wont be any better off but they continue to push me and push me to where i nearly punched my advisor in the face! LOL :mad2:

The unpaid work trials sadly are not "illegal" However Ingeus should be paying your travel to and from the trial, and iirc, money for food.

What does your Jobseekers Agreement say? Does it say you will look for full time work, or does it mention part time? If it only says full time, then they cannot sanction you for not applying for, or accepting a part time job. However, I suspect that you may still have to do this particular trial - whether a job is available at the end of it or not, you generally have to do it :(

You probably think of plenty of ways of being sent home / the trial being cancelled fairly easy if you box clever. Tell them you have Diarrhea, as you would not be allowed to work with or near food then iirc :D

But um - its at a childrens facility? Have Ingeus or the Employer performed a Criminal Records check on you? That could be a way out! One needs to be CRB checked, before working with children, nowadays, even parents volunteering at school have to have one (and pay for it) For all the Employer knows, you could be a convicted child rapist - I would ring up the employer and mention this - point out that Ingeus have not CRB checked you, and ask the employer if you should be, if working with or near kids?

AFAIK the CRB check requirements are not magically "waived" just because its a trial, rather than an actual job :-D

I need some advice please everyone...

I lost my delivery job a couple of weeks ago so the job centre put me back on this Ingeus Programme!:-x

On Monday i had an interview at Premier Inn (Preston) but accepted that is was only 16 hours and was happy with that due to it being only 5 miles from me. I heard nothing from them, but to be honest you very rarely hear back from an interview.

On Wednesday Ingeus gave me another phone call regarding a restaurant vacancy at a childrens entertainments venue. I asked the Ingeus lady if it was more than part time hours and she said yes!

At the interview i was asked if i have any kitchen experience to which i replied no! I only have basic catering experience ect. She asked if i could do a work trial to which i said yes as it would only be for a few hours. After this i asked about the hours to which she replied it's only 16 hours. I said i was unhappy due to being told it would be more hours ect.

I then phoned Ingeus when i got home and she made out that i was in the wrong and that i did'nt understand her. She came up with a bull $%£^ story to get herself out of it and that she would contact the employer for me. 4 hours later! She called me back saying it's 16 hours minimum but pos more hours in the future.

I told her i want more than 16 hours due to me living 20 miles away from Southport but she made it clear that i have to do the work trial at 2pm today.

After reading about work trials and being told by Ingeus that it's unpaid i just want to clairfy a few things :-

Do i have to take part in an "illegal" unpaid work trial?

Would my benefits be sanctioned if i don't take it?

I have read many websites and spoke to my job centre advisor who says unpaid work trials are illegal ect. Why then do Ingeus pressure people into doing them? I told Ingeus 16 hours is $%£$ and that i wont be any better off but they continue to push me and push me to where i nearly punched my advisor in the face! LOL :mad2:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THANKS caledfwlch!...

I'm not feeling too well today mate! GOT THE BRAD PITTS! hahaha.

I emailed my advisor with :-

Hi Dan,

After recent research with regards to the work trial, i am unable to take part in the trial...

Playtown is a childrens facility - Have you performed a Criminal Records check on me? One needs to be CRB checked, before working with children, nowadays, even parents volunteering at a school have to have one (and pay for it) For all the Employer knows, i could have been convicted of an offence which could stop me working with or near kids?

CRB check requirements are not magically "waived" just because its a trial, rather than an actual job.

The reason i have brought this matter up is due to currently filling out forms to be a scout volunteer and needing a CRB check.

I'm not refusing to do the work trial in the future but, i want to do everything legally. I want proof of liability insurance and also proof that i am able to work in a child environment. Which legally done would require a CRB check.

Regards,

Richard

Ah you have gone about it the wrong way imho - what you should have done is contacted the employer first to check if your need a CRB. What sort of business is it exactly? And can you urgently telephone the employer to check this?

We don't want you getting sanctioned, if it turns out a CRB check is not needed, contact the employer asap, and if they say yes you do need one, then email Ignoramus :-D again, saying you forgot to mention, you spoke to the employer, and they confirmed this.

However I have googled the company, and it seems to me, that a CRB Check WILL be needed as this is a childrens play centre, I would be very surprised if a CRB check was NOT required for staff - googling similar companies and services around the country, most make an effort to boast/show that their staff are CRB checked, so I suspect it is a requirement, companies tend not to fork out £80 or whatever the fee is, when not needed.

Oh and damned good one on the Liability Insurance!!! I forgot about that - It was part of my defence, if needed when I turned down a manual labour work trial with Working Links, due to having a shoulder injury and trapped nerves - ie I would not be covered, since I am medically unfit to do that role.

THANKS caledfwlch!...

I'm not feeling too well today mate! GOT THE BRAD PITTS! hahaha.

I emailed my advisor with :-

Hi Dan,

After recent research with regards to the work trial, i am unable to take part in the trial...

Playtown is a childrens facility - Have you performed a Criminal Records check on me? One needs to be CRB checked, before working with children, nowadays, even parents volunteering at a school have to have one (and pay for it) For all the Employer knows, i could have been convicted of an offence which could stop me working with or near kids?

CRB check requirements are not magically "waived" just because its a trial, rather than an actual job.

The reason i have brought this matter up is due to currently filling out forms to be a scout volunteer and needing a CRB check.

I'm not refusing to do the work trial in the future but, i want to do everything legally. I want proof of liability insurance and also proof that i am able to work in a child environment. Which legally done would require a CRB check.

Regards,

Richard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ingeus phoned me within minutes of sending the e-mail. They know they are in the wrong and accept that i don't have to take the job offer. But the cheeky buggers want me to call the employer

to cancel my trial as it would make them look bad! hahaha

INGEUS??? ADMIT WHEN YOU ARE WRONG! :lol:

Ingeus phoned me within minutes of sending the e-mail. They know they are in the wrong and accept that i don't have to take the job offer. But the cheeky buggers want me to call the employer

to cancel my trial as it would make them look bad! hahaha

INGEUS??? ADMIT WHEN YOU ARE WRONG! :lol:

They arranged it, they should cancel it.

Of course you could ring the employer to let them know exactly how Ingeus messed up, trying to send people to a role that requires people to be CRB checked, without doing one... Ingueus could well then find that company refusing any more trials from them hehe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In other words, are you going to do their dirty work them? I wouldn't.

Indeed, but there is scope to make life for the advisor a little more interesting, and potentially cost Ingeus a partner willing to take trials on, should the OP call.

I personally would consider contacting the local press - how many work trials without CRB checks at this company have Ingeus arranged and the trial gone ahead, I wonder? :madgrin:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Caledfwlch!

I told my advisor that i won't be doing Ingeus's dirty work and he replied with :-

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting me know. I’ve passed the message onto Nicola, so she will contact Playtown.

Just so you know for the future, you’re only required to be CRB checked for a role if you have unsupervised contact with children. Obviously, with Playtown, a role in the kitchen wouldn’t have required this and, also, as their parents are with them, a CRB check would not be necessary. If this were the case, any environment where children under 18 could enter (shops, restaurants, cinemas etc), even with their parents, would require their staff to be CRB vetted.

Obviously, your possible role with the Scouts is different, as there is the potential for you to be working directly with children or young adults unsupervised.

Either way, I appreciate you were concerned about both the hours and nature of the role, so it probably wasn’t going to be the job for you anyway!

Another vacancy has come up (in Preston) that I think is far more suitable.

I don't know the rules and regs regarding CRB checks, but i would have had direct contact with children in this role. They wanted me to serve the tables ect and come into contact with children. Just because parents are present, does that mean i don't need a CRB check?

Also not all parents were present during my interview! I assumed any job working in a child environment needs a CRB check. My advisor seems to think differently!

At the end of the day my advisor has backed off me now. Either it's correct that i needed a CRB check or he just want's to forget about this job in question. What confused me was, if my advisor is correct that i don't need a CRB check then why is he not pushing me into contacting them to apologise and ask for another work trial:???:

I don't know the rules and regs regarding CRB checks, but i would have had direct contact with children in this role. They wanted me to serve the tables ect and come into contact with children. Just because parents are present, does that mean i don't need a CRB check?

Also not all parents were present during my interview! I assumed any job working in a child environment needs a CRB check. My advisor seems to think differently!

I thought it sounded very dubious myself - I think back kitchen staff in schools for example are CRB checked.

And of course, there is the whole thing about parents being banned from various things and places, unless they pay for a CRB check.

I reckon your advisor is just hoping he is correct, not certain ;) He, Igneus and the employer could potentially be in serious trouble, if we are correct, and they have done non checked trials..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't have a job seekers agreement with the work programme you have an action plan!

Also if they have conducted the work trial correctly then they will have signed documents in place to state that you are covered by liability insurance via the job trial.

They should have sorted out the CRB check first and foremost so are most ecertainly in the wrong however just add that the increasing list of issues with all te work programme providers!

With regards to the contacting of the employers that they wanted you to go to at the childrens play centre you could leave it up to the providers to contact them but if they don't then I bet you they will have that DMA paperwork constructed by close of business on Monday :o

Have you asked for their complaints handbook as I would reccommend making that complaint or they will keep on making this particular error.

Had my weekly appointment yesterday at 3pm. I was asked to come in today at 10:30am for an interview screening or something. I told my advisor Ingeus should be associated with lastminute.com! hahaha.

I told him all 3 of my interviews had been last $%^£%£ minute and that under normal interview conditions you would normally have a few days to sort things out ect.

The problem is it costs money to wash and iron clothes ect and for Ingeus to ask me to get ready in less than 24 hours is a joke! Interview screening? Some sort of mock interview? well i will make a ^$%"&£ mockery of the whole thing and turn up in jeans and a t-shirt and hardly say anything.

I was told that the reason for screening is so they can find the right candidate for the job or something. I don't even want the JOB! Another 16 hour ^$&"$£& pile of dog dirt!

I told them I'm not prepared to do their horrible work trials unless I have proof of liability insurance and the correct signed documents etc.

UPDATE YOU ALL LATER!

I was supposed to turn up for the mock interview in a shirt and tie but i turned up with just a shirt. The mock interview lady asked why i didn't have a tie?...

I said why should i make effort for this mock interview when your colleagues dont make effort with me? And that if this was a real interview i would have made effort like i did on my 2 previous interviews.

I told her how i am sick of being lied to by my advisor and also how i feel forced to take any job opportunity etc. I said i will make EFFORT when you as a company make the effort to find me a suitable job THAT I WANT!

She made it out that i was being aggressive to her when in fact i was being honest and raised my valid point to her. At the end she said i wasn't suitable for the vacancy and that she will be in contact with my Advisor.

All in all i told her how i felt and lets just see if things start to change for the better!

No you are not required to wear a suit but you are expected to attaned in smart casual clothing. Trousers/Skirt, Shirt/Blouse and shoes not trainers.

If you do not have these items the your provider should arrange for you to purchase the required items to help you at interviews.

At this stage of your claim if a part time jon means that you re financially better off working as opposed to claiming which can be confimed by the providers conducting an In Work calculation you will be expected to apply for the position, if it's not what you want to do ultimately you can still look for alternative employment there isd nothing to stop yu doing that.

If you do not have these items the your provider should arrange for you to purchase the required items to help you at interviews.

few weeks ago at working links (triage) i herd this young lad saying he had a interview at McDonald's, the job centre told him they had no money for him to get clothing for his interview, he asked at the open access bit for job search about getting help and the triage employee said they have no funding for this also

leasky32 when the client is transferred to the work programme they take all responsibilty for financial funding for training and providing clothing for interviews etc.

The JCP no longer have access to the Flexible Support Fund for work programme clients which is why the person you mentioned would have been turned down at the JCP office. The Flexible Support Fund is also extremely restrictive and each and every penny needs to be accounted for and approved by the Adviser Manager, for all you know that person may have accessed the fund previously for exactly the same reason, I have seen the same few people in our office asking time and time again for n item to help them back to work when they were already helped e.g interview clothing which they then sold but wanted more clothes for another interview set up, (just an example of a real case scenario.)

Just a warning to everyone on here. Ingeus are checking this site and are keeping an eye on it. Ive been called into the office whilst job searching and warned that my messages have been read. I assume my email messages Ive posted have given me away so recommend that all messages dont contain any information that may give personal info away. Silly mistake by myself i know but a moment of madness and upset can give personal info away.

Ingenus and other providers will look on this site just the same as Debt Collection Agencies and other organisations will.

As long at it's in their own time and not during work hours (before they start work during lunch breaks and after work) they will be fine! As far as I am aware their employers should also have an electronic media policy in place and personal use of the internet is prohibited during working hours or if it is anything like DWP they could face disciplinary action!

Just try not to post any further personal infomation either you or the providers in question is posted, you are entitled to voice your opinion and to ask for advice where needed. Unfortunately the majority of these providers are just finding their feet and are aware that the vast majority of their clients do not want their involvement for whatever reason and that is why they will view opinions and posts on here.

The providers in the area where I work are aware of the issues that I post on here and tbh I wouldn't post on here anything that I wouldn't be prepared to say in person :)