• Tweets

• Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not with Ingeus (though I know them from FND) - I'm on the WP with A4greed. My approach has been to tell them that my preferred method of communication is by post - this (helpfully!) is one of the options set out in their sickeningly saccharine "Welcome Aboard!" booklet. So far I have refused to give them any phone numbers or e mail addresses. I have been asked why and I reply that I don't trust them with my data. So far this has worked.

Lol! These Muppets must have got wind of the fact that more and more claimants are wise to the data protection act, I bet there is much gnashing, and grinding of teeth when it's brought up, tie them up in knots and make life as difficult a possible, I almost wish I was still signing on I fancy joining in this fun.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because they have a contract with the Government that states if a client moves into work they are entitled to a reward payment even if you don't give either the provider or the JCP office details of the employers. If you state that you found work they will claim that it was due to their help and be eligible to receive the payment which increase each quarter that you remain in employment.

The only way to ensure they are not paid (and you risk losing any run on payments for housing benefit and job grant) is to state that you wish to end your claim an not give any reasons at all. Of course they will still attempt regular contact with you for the remainder of the 2 years that you are contracted with them. You do not however have to answer your phone or reply to any letters :)

Whether Ingeus get paid or not is kind of a moot point, IMHO

I've worked for agencies like Brook Street and Blue Arrow. They get paid for doing next to nothing (they take a percentage of my hourly pay) - it's how they are funded.

If Ingeus help me find a reasonable job, one that I have been doing before, then fine, they can have their commission; it makes no difference to me.

Very interesting thread, I just signed up with the sole intention of bumping it and getting the discussion going again.

Today was my first appointment with this mob and I've to go back in for a cold calling session on Thursday where I will be working with a group of folk on the same boat as myself where we phone up and apply for jobs, who would have thought it could be so easy ? These guys are worth every penny they are getting.

My new best mate (well for the next 4 weeks apparently) will find me a job and if by some unforeseen circumstance this doesn't happen then I'll be passed on to some other lovely caring person who wants to help me. Things are looking up.

He also booked me in for a "mandatory" work group session in a fortnight called Job Search Methods which I was told will last for two hours.

Still, least I got my bus fare back...

Anyway, I've had reservations since I was told I was going on this programme a few weeks back and just found this place while doing a search on google, be interested to hear how everyone has been coping with this outfit since the previous posts.

My experience also. One of their big strategies is cold calling potential employers (part of the hidden job market). It sounds like an interesting theory and a friend of mine said she did it anyway. (she would send hundreds of CVs to potential employers even if they didn't advertise for posts - spamming, essentially). I suppose it's not such a crazy idea(!)

They are very prompt at refunding bus fare.

Just wait a few weeks, where the will find you a job, whether you want that kind of work or not.

• Probably working for a big multinational corporation

If you refuse, they might berate you for 'negativity' . If that happens, be sure to post here and tell us about it!

Noticed on the wall a huge chart which looks like a point scoring system for the staff...what's that all about?

Sounds like targets.

I challenge someone to take a sneaky pic of a wall chart with their camera phone. Maybe blur out the names before you post on here, though.

I have read further articles online of people being forced to apply for any job as the staff who work for Ingeus are told to force any job on a client. It’s all about numbers and so that Ingeus and other agencies can make money! It’s not about client happiness and looking after clients needs.

If this happens to you, please post about it. It's what I am most afraid of

I have a solid work history, have paid taxes for years. If they force me to go to some interview, what if i turn up with terrible BO. Or I burp and fart a lot.

I can kind of see why the government want to force long term unemployed into any old job. I mean, the system would collapse if everyone was a benefit 'scrounger'.

The only pit fall that I can also see is that if you qualify for the payment of job grant and 4 weeks run on of housing benefit aqnd tax credits then do you really want to risk losing those? If you aren't bothered about losing that money then by all means declare any other reason for ending your claim and as posted before the JCP will only disclose the reason to the provider as the one you give for ending your claim.

Please explain what you mean? are you saying that once you find a job you can still get 4 weeks of housing benefit even though you are employed?

My husband, a 51 year-old highly skilled cabinet-maker and joiner, has been given an interview by these idiots... as a telephone debt collector! Apparently they no longer get any money unless they place you in a job so will send you to the most ridiculous (and frankly unsavoury) jobs. Why? In the hope that you will refuse the job and therefore be 'off' JSA? Absolutely unconscionable.

Ouch. Was it a call centre job?

Sounds like he would be made to call up vulnerable people and demand monies. How depressing. If he has been a taxpayer for many years, then I feel like it's immoral to force us to do stuff like this.

What was the outcome of this? Was he made to do the unsavoury job?

It may say in their guidance about these items being available but has anyone actually been successful in obtaining any of it? We get nothing but complaints from clients at their signing as the providers can hardly bear to part with travel expenses and frequently try to refer them back to the JCP to try to access the Flexible Support Fund.

If you are offered an interview

Yes, I've heard of Primark vouchers being made available to males. You have to go and pick out what you want then they might give you some vouchers, up to a limit of £20 (or something).

I think females can get free business suits - one woman said that she got one second hand, on the 'Dress for Success' programme.

Seeing their mental health person at some stage, and next week they are doing a BOC (Better Off Calculation), they go through my financial situation and work of if i'll be better off once in work, all sounds too good to be true at the moment.

What qualifications does their mental health person have? Is it an impartial psychologist or someone with targets to deliver?

What if you get a minimum wage job that pays less that you get in benefits now?

What if you get a minimum wage job that pays less that you get in benefits now?

You get working tax credit as a top up, and I think that there is some help with housing benefit, BUT you are still in the benefits trap, stuck on a pittance wage and dependent on handouts to get by. If the BOC is more than benefit level even by a few pence you would be expected to take the job.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

My husband, a 51 year-old highly skilled cabinet-maker and joiner, has been given an interview by these idiots... as a telephone debt collector! Apparently they no longer get any money unless they place you in a job so will send you to the most ridiculous (and frankly unsavoury) jobs. Why? In the hope that you will refuse the job and therefore be 'off' JSA? Absolutely unconscionable.

I come from a similar skill base to your husband and I was offered a part time job driving a delivery van for Iceland, I know that there is a demand for skilled craftsmen, so what's the problem?

Your husband is 51, I am 55, draw your own conclusions.

FND was flexible New Deal the scheme that was running prior to the Work Programme, and yes if you have been unemloyed for 26 weeks or more and find work of 16 hours per week or more that is expected to last 5 weeks or more you will automatically receive a run on payment of 4 weeks housing benefit as mos hjobs are now wmonthly paid and it can help to allow you to manage financially until your first wage is received.

I come from a similar skill base to your husband and I was offered a part time job driving a delivery van for Iceland, I know that there is a demand for skilled craftsmen, so what's the problem?

Your husband is 51, I am 55, draw your own conclusions.

I think I see the problem. I am older than both of you (and, I dare say, better quailified) but I would love a part time job driving a van for Iceland (I have been registered on their website for some time now with no response). I would, however hate a target driven, results orientated, anti-social hours job which involved phoning people up under subterfuge to threaten them in order to try to get repayment of debt. There is absolutely no comparison between the two positions.

They probably do monitor this website, I have no problem with that at all and I work for JCP.

It is only the same as DCA monitoring the other parts of the forum and and of course as I work for JCP (just to add on a considerable lower salary than the post for the WP jobs and probably worker much harder for my wage too) should I not use this site? Or can I be of some use and advise using the knowledge that I have to help people on here with querires?

I think I see the problem. I am older than both of you (and, I dare say, better quailified) but I would love a part time job driving a van for Iceland (I have been registered on their website for some time now with no response). I would, however hate a target driven, results orientated, anti-social hours job which involved phoning people up under subterfuge to threaten them in order to try to get repayment of debt. There is absolutely no comparison between the two positions.

I was not making a comparison between the two positions, both jobs are IMHO demeaning taken in context, I was drawing attention to the ages involved. Regardless of whatever skills or qualifications a claimant may have, if age comes into play the tendency seems to be to push for what I would term 'no brainer' positions.

As for the comment (and I dare say, better qualified) I find it offensive, on what do you base that assumption on exactly? I hold an advanced City & Guilds carpentry / joinery, a HND in Musical Instrument Technology, and a BSc (hons) in Musical Instrument Technology.

I think I am qualified enough in general terms thanks very much.

If a part time driving job is sufficient for your needs and if you can secure such a position then all well and good, however as you have aptly demonstrated, with your better qualifications, and advanced years no driving jobs were forthcoming, I rest my case.

Perhaps you should have made your case clearer at your first attempt?

I was not making a comparison between the two positions, both jobs are IMHO demeaning taken in context, I was drawing attention to the ages involved. Regardless of whatever skills or qualifications a claimant may have, if age comes into play the tendency seems to be to push for what I would term 'no brainer' positions.

As for the comment (and I dare say, better qualified) I find it offensive, on what do you base that assumption on exactly? I hold an advanced City & Guilds carpentry / joinery, a HND in Musical Instrument Technology, and a BSc (hons) in Musical Instrument Technology.

I think I am qualified enough in general terms thanks very much.

If a part time driving job is sufficient for your needs and if you can secure such a position then all well and good, however as you have aptly demonstrated, with your better qualifications, and advanced years no driving jobs were forthcoming, I rest my case.

You get working tax credit as a top up, and I think that there is some help with housing benefit, BUT you are still in the benefits trap, stuck on a pittance wage and dependent on handouts to get by. If the BOC is more than benefit level even by a few pence you would be expected to take the job.

Really? the government tops it up? Do you have to fill out mountains of paperwork and wait an eternity?

So, let me just get this straight:

• Suppose Ingeus can get me a menial job, paying minimum wage, and I take it
  • The government would top up my earnings to give me what I would be getting from Housing Benefit + JSA?

I wish there was a YouTube video that explained Working Tax Credits in simple terms. Or a website written in simple English.

Can I do a BOC (Better Off Calculation) myself?

I would, however hate a target driven, results orientated, anti-social hours job which involved phoning people up under subterfuge to threaten them in order to try to get repayment of debt.

I recall a hidden camera documentary about one of these places. Seems awful. Did you outright refuse?

Really? the government tops it up? Do you have to fill out mountains of paperwork and wait an eternity?

So, let me just get this straight:

• Suppose Ingeus can get me a menial job, paying minimum wage, and I take it
  • The government would top up my earnings to give me what I would be getting from Housing Benefit + JSA?

I wish there was a YouTube video that explained Working Tax Credits in simple terms. Or a website written in simple English.

Can I do a BOC (Better Off Calculation) myself?

You have to be better off working than on the dole even if it's not by very much otherwise there would be no incentive to sign off, the DWP recognise this, although their idea of better off and yours may be quite different!

If you can understand the minefield that is working tax credit then yes, you can do your own BOC, good luck!