• Tweets

• Hi everyone, Apologies for bringing up the same topic regarding these individuals. I wish I had found this forum earlier, as I've seen very similar cases. However, I need your help in figuring out what to do next because we've involved our partners/resellers. I work as an IT Manager in a company outside of the UK. We acquired a license from a certified reseller (along with a support agreement) and also obtained training sessions from them. The issue arose when we needed to register two people for the training sessions, so we used an external laptop for the second user to keep up with the sessions for only a month. During this period, the laptop was solely used for the training sessions. After two weeks, my boss forwarded an email to me from Ms Vinces, stating that we are using illicit software from SolidWorks. Since this has never happened to me or anyone we know, I went into panic mode and had a meeting with her. During the meeting, we explained that we were using an external laptop solely for the training sessions and that the laptop had not been used within the company since her email. She informed us that for such cases, there are demos and special licenses (though our reseller did not mention these types of licenses when we made our initial purchase). She then mentioned that we had utilized products worth approximately €25k and presented us with two options: either pay the agreed value or acquire SolidWorks products. We expressed that the cost was too high, and our business couldn't support such expenses. I assured her that we would discuss the matter with the company board and get back to her. After the meeting, we contacted the company reseller from whom we purchased the license, explained the situation, and mentioned the use of an external laptop. They said they would speak to Maria and help mediate the situation. We hoped to significantly reduce the cost, perhaps to that of a 1-year professional license. Unfortunately, we were mistaken. The reseller mediated a value €2k less than what Maria had suggested (essentially, we would need to acquire two professional lifetime licenses and two years of support for a total of €23k). This amount is still beyond our means, but they insisted that the price was non-negotiable and wouldn't be reduced any further. The entire situation feels odd because she never provided us with addresses or other evidence (which I should have requested), and she's pressuring us to resolve the matter by the end of the month, with payment to be made through the reseller. This makes me feel as though the reseller is taking advantage of the situation to profit from it. Currently, we're trying to buy some time. We plan to meet with the reseller next week but are uncertain about how to proceed with them or whether we should respond to the mediator.
    • Thanks London  if I’ve read correctly the questionaire wants me to post his actual name on a public forum… is that correct.  I’ve only had a quick read so far
    • Plenty of success stories, also bear in mind not everyone updates the forum.  Overdale's want you to roll over and pay, without using your enshrined legal right to defend. make you wet yourself in fear that a solicitor will Take you to court, so you will pay up without question. Most people do just that,  but you are lucky that you have found this place and can help you put together a good defence. You should get reading on some other Capital One and Overdale's cases on the forum to get an idea of how it works.  
    • In both versions the three references to "your clients" near the end need to be changed to "you" or "your" as Alliance are not using solicitors, they have sent the LoC themselves. Personally I'd change "Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept" to "Dear Kev".  It would show you'd done your homework, looked up the company, and seen it's a pathetic one-man band rather than having any departments.  The PPCs love to pretend they have some official power and so you should be scared of them - showing you've sussed their sordid games and you're confident about fighting them undermines all this.  In fact that's the whole point of a snotty letter - to show you'd be big trouble for them if they did do court so better to drop you like a hot potato and go and pursue mugs who just give in instead. In the very, very, very, very unlikely case of Kev doing court, it'd be better that he didn't know in advance all the legal arguments you'd be using, so I'd heavily reduce the number of cards being played.
    • Thanx Londoneill get on to it this evening having a read around these forums I can’t seem to find many success stories using your methods. So how successful are these methods or am I just buying time for him  and a ccj will be inevitable in the end. Thanks another question is, will he have to appear at court..? I am not sure he has got it in him
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are many many charities that are ran as a business and recieve a profit giving directors bonuses. This whole no profit thing is a nonsense.

In the Arthritis shop where my OH helps out "volunteering" the manager of the shop gets paid, so not all profit made goes to the charity.

Someone somewhere at the top is getting paid well, and I'll take some persuading otherwise.

Wish I couldh've got free labour when I was running my shop!!

NOT GOING OFF TOPIC

i have just gone onto ESA from JSA

Next week i was expected to work in a blue cross charity shop, just report at the shop at 10.30 in the morning with no risk assessment and no contact with the workfare provider except a letter

i am on crutches with half a knee and can only be mobile for 30 minutes at a time, let alone work for 30 hours a week

This whole workfare joke is simply to get people off the unemployment figures as i believe when you are on workfare, they do not class you as unemployed in the statistics

NOT GOING OFF TOPIC

i have just gone onto ESA from JSA

Next week i was expected to work in a blue cross charity shop, just report at the shop at 10.30 in the morning with no risk assessment and no contact with the workfare provider except a letter

i am on crutches with half a knee and can only be mobile for 30 minutes at a time, let alone work for 30 hours a week

This whole workfare joke is simply to get people off the unemployment figures as i believe when you are on workfare, they do not class you as unemployed in the statistics

Does this mean you won't be doing it or are they gonna force you to?

Workfare is worse then a joke for many different reasons and it seems to be about sanctioning people and milking the fee set-up as opposed to helping

There are many many charities that are ran as a business and recieve a profit giving directors bonuses. This whole no profit thing is a nonsense.

I think that, in the case of the Citizens Advice Bureau, they have always relied on about 80% of their staff contingent as volunteers, with 20% paid... and part of the issue as that, for some volunteers, they believe that by volunteering for the company, they will eventually become shortlisted for paid employment.

i am now on ESA

NO MANDATORY WORK ACTIVITY FOR NOW

The job centre cant bully me now i am not on JSA, I should have been on ESA from the start going into the job centre on crutches. No they cant sanction me or do anything for 13 weeks. Mind you, i will have to go through the work capability assessment by ATOS who no doubt will find me fit to work. I can work within limits, its just the job centre under the job seekers agreement expect it to be a full time 40 hour job, which i simply am unable to do

Thanks for the swift responses guys and girls.

I made the mistake of my first Igneus meeting to sign the forms they gave me, thus allowing them to send my CV to jobs on my behalf. My Igneus advisor told me of a great job opportunity and asked for my CV to tweak, I gave him the 'dumbed' down version of it, but I am still debating whether I also give him the additional information (working in friends shop) as this would definately increase my chances of getting the job. I just don't know if I do go ahead and give him the additional cv info, that he would contact Jobcentre and thus creating a bigger problem for me.

You can always revoke a DPA waiver - I'm sure there are plenty of templates in this thread as it is a recurring topic.

Another point to consider: Take control of sending out your job applications so that you know the paperwork is honest and truthful. If the adviser declines to provide contact details for this "job opportunity", then start questioning his motives and honesty.

If you have any inkling of dubious practices, start recording all conversations and insist on copies of all paperwork.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thanks for the swift responses guys and girls.

I made the mistake of my first Igneus meeting to sign the forms they gave me, thus allowing them to send my CV to jobs on my behalf. My Igneus advisor told me of a great job opportunity and asked for my CV to tweak, I gave him the 'dumbed' down version of it, but I am still debating whether I also give him the additional information (working in friends shop) as this would definately increase my chances of getting the job. I just don't know if I do go ahead and give him the additional cv info, that he would contact Jobcentre and thus creating a bigger problem for me.

[Emphasis mine]

Your advisor asked for your CV to tweak? Eh, no. One thousand times no. Do not permit this, do not facilitate it. They have no right to do so. As Mr P mentions, when you do this you lose control of what information about you is supplied to employers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

@antone - you never answered my question

There's links to sites to remove consent, I think http://consent.me.uk is very useful for this

Try to let the drones do as little as possible plus they may try to twist it so you do the rewriting and then treat you like you lack intelligence - they did this to me. They also fake their attitudes so they may try to come across like a mate or something but they aren't, they will more then likely be looking for ways to sanction you so do what you must to protect yourself before you get burnt

Edited by citizenB

I gave him my CV to tweak in my first meeting. I had no background knowledge to ingeus and as far as I was aware they were the guys that could get me a job, since honestly my time with my jobcentre advisor was a waste, alot of random jobs printed and gave to me, interviews lasted for 5-10minutes.

On the other hand, my Ingeus advisor seemed friendly, and understanding. He told me of a company that Ingeus was exclusive to and that this company would take on people looking for work via Ingeus. After asking more about this job it seemed great; good pay, good hours etc. Admittedly my CV isn't the very best, it lacks content and after the advisor offered to tweak it as he said he got a few others onto the job, I didn't have a reason to doubt him.

To think that this advisor was trying to fake his friendliness towards me leaves me shocked. I am somewhat desperate to get a paid job, and reading this site definately has prepared me for future interviews with my advisor. So I definately appreciate everyones input and experience. This was my first interview with Ingeus and so far I felt it went good, but I most sure will keep my eye on my advisor in future to see if his intentions are genuine or not.

@antone - you never answered my question

Eh, I apologise if you asked me specific question and I didn't answer. I have to keep an eye on pretty much everything that's going on all over the forum, so I do miss things from time to time.

Feel free to ask me again, or refer me to the appropriate post and I'll take another look. Again, sorry.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

all ingeus advisors sound corrupt and should start treating customers with more respect,

I don't think this view is limited to just Ingeus - Having had dealings with A4e and their dubious practices, I'd go as far as to say they are all rotten. LTBs anyone ?

There may be a few good advisers, but they lose credibility when put along side the rest.

My rules of engagement now are:

• No you can not have a DPA waiver.
  • Staff will address me as Sir at ALL times.
  • (when asked for personal information) Why do you need it and what will you do with the data ?
  • ALL conversations WILL be recorded.
  • Copies of ALL paperwork will be required.
  • Before mandating any "course" or "activity", you will provide evidence that it meets the requirement of "tailored and personalised" support as defined in your customer charter and/or DWP contract.
  • Client privacy and confidentiality will be protected at ALL times - Breaches will be reported at the highest level to the DWP.

I am somewhat desperate to get a paid job, and reading this site definately has prepared me for future interviews with my advisor. So I definately appreciate everyones input and experience. This was my first interview with Ingeus and so far I felt it went good, but I most sure will keep my eye on my advisor in future to see if his intentions are genuine or not.

The official DWP statistics published last year show that your chances of gaining employment whilst on the W.P. are seriously compromised - However, don't let that fact put you off. There are a few jobs out there, some better than others. Keep trying, and eventually you will find one worth doing.

[*]Client privacy and confidentiality will be protected at ALL times - Breaches will be reported at the highest level to the DWP.

On overhearing an "adviser" discussing another client's criminal record, I noted the names (on paper), and lodged a complaint with the JCP+ and my MP. Judging by the hostile attitude of my alleged "adviser" at the next meeting, the s*** hit the fan big time :bounce:

I gave him my CV to tweak in my first meeting. I had no background knowledge to ingeus and as far as I was aware they were the guys that could get me a job, since honestly my time with my jobcentre advisor was a waste, alot of random jobs printed and gave to me, interviews lasted for 5-10minutes.

On the other hand, my Ingeus advisor seemed friendly, and understanding. He told me of a company that Ingeus was exclusive to and that this company would take on people looking for work via Ingeus. After asking more about this job it seemed great; good pay, good hours etc. Admittedly my CV isn't the very best, it lacks content and after the advisor offered to tweak it as he said he got a few others onto the job, I didn't have a reason to doubt him.

To think that this advisor was trying to fake his friendliness towards me leaves me shocked. I am somewhat desperate to get a paid job, and reading this site definately has prepared me for future interviews with my advisor. So I definately appreciate everyones input and experience. This was my first interview with Ingeus and so far I felt it went good, but I most sure will keep my eye on my advisor in future to see if his intentions are genuine or not.

Not all advisers are faking their friendliness. Some are nice people who want to help. But that's them as individuals, and just like DWP staff (I was a DWP staffer) they're caught up in a huge system that they can't control. So you're taking the right approach: you don't have to assume that your Ingeus adviser has sold his soul to the devil, but you should most certainly be wary.

If you want CV help, your adviser may be able to offer it. Wouldn't be my first choice, but hey, the Work Programme isn't anyone's first choice and we all have to take what help we're offered. But should your adviser want to offer you CV advice, you want to be there while they do so - don't let them "tweak" your CV in your absence and then send it to an employer.

Not all advisers are faking their friendliness. Some are nice people who want to help. But that's them as individuals, and just like DWP staff (I was a DWP staffer) they're caught up in a huge system that they can't control. So you're taking the right approach: you don't have to assume that your Ingeus adviser has sold his soul to the devil, but you should most certainly be wary.

If you want CV help, your adviser may be able to offer it. Wouldn't be my first choice, but hey, the Work Programme isn't anyone's first choice and we all have to take what help we're offered. But should your adviser want to offer you CV advice, you want to be there while they do so - don't let them "tweak" your CV in your absence and then send it to an employer.

One would assume that if anyone wished to help, the candidate would retrain to become Professional Careers Advisor, or to become Lecturer for the Life Long Learning Sector. That wa they are presented with candidates who have already done their research, who approach their chosen organisation seeking whatever help that they want, and will be scheduled to meet someone who has been vetted by the organisation....with the W2W Sector, the likelihood will be that the W2W Clerk that someone from the Job Centre meets through the Work Programme has simply been sacked (or made redundant) from a previous job, couldn't make the grade for anything worthy, and simply accepted a job within the Work Programme as a Stop Gap Job.

Any idea why/how?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21532191

This seems to cover what i recall being said at the time, one of the conclusions I remember was that people who were not on the drones books had a better success rate then those who were, that there was a failed attempt to hide the failure by reporting over a longer period.

It's always sadly unsurprising that there's another lie about when the gov fails

Edited by citizenB

Thanks for that link chester6.

I apologise in advance if this has been discussed before.

So my Ingeus advisor has given me a leaflet regarding a jobs event in Liverpool, on the 18th April to attend to. He stated that I had to go, but I want to know - is it really mandatory for me to attend? He even has made an appointment for me to see him 2 days before this event, so he can tell me all about it.

One would assume that if anyone wished to help, the candidate would retrain to become Professional Careers Advisor, or to become Lecturer for the Life Long Learning Sector. That wa they are presented with candidates who have already done their research, who approach their chosen organisation seeking whatever help that they want, and will be scheduled to meet someone who has been vetted by the organisation....with the W2W Sector, the likelihood will be that the W2W Clerk that someone from the Job Centre meets through the Work Programme has simply been sacked (or made redundant) from a previous job, couldn't make the grade for anything worthy, and simply accepted a job within the Work Programme as a Stop Gap Job.

I don't disagree, really. That's one of the failings of the WP - the people who offer advice are obviously not qualified to do so. My point was merely that some of them are not malicious. As such, they may wish to help. They're just not able to do so in any useful way.

I don't disagree, really. That's one of the failings of the WP - the people who offer advice are obviously not qualified to do so. My point was merely that some of them are not malicious. As such, they may wish to help. They're just not able to do so in any useful way.

It was also a failing of previous schemes... such as the profligate Flexible New Deal and New Deal, with unqualified staff then being part of the Welfare To Work Sector and, when the Flexible New Deal was replaced by the Work Programme, they may have simply transferred to the same or different Welfare To Work Providers depending on whether the company were awarded a Work Programme Contract. Of course, if the W2W Clerks were even remotely qualified, they would have been able to secure employment at a higher level - say as Telesales Clerks within a Call Centre let alone part of the wealth creating part of the economy.

It was also a failing of previous schemes... such as the profligate Flexible New Deal and New Deal, with unqualified staff then being part of the Welfare To Work Sector and, when the Flexible New Deal was replaced by the Work Programme, they may have simply transferred to the same or different Welfare To Work Providers depending on whether the company were awarded a Work Programme Contract. Of course, if the W2W Clerks were even remotely qualified, they would have been able to secure employment at a higher level - say as Telesales Clerks within a Call Centre let alone part of the wealth creating part of the economy.

No "may have about it"

Locally FND pimps were here for years and then suddenly closed and SENCIA opened which closed and some went to SEETEC, A4E and TNG magically appeared and A4E definately had staff from the FND as they constantly told me as if that was something good? TNG and A4E both lost their drone contracts and some of the staff from TNG became INGEUS drones, only one A4E was good enough for INGEUS, two of the original FND became INGEUS and a receptionist

Personally I think that toilet cleaning is more honest work then what the drones do and my local one has the staff sitting near leaflets boasting they can handle sensitive folk

Edited by citizenB

So my Ingeus advisor has given me a leaflet regarding a jobs event in Liverpool, on the 18th April to attend to. He stated that I had to go, but I want to know - is it really mandatory for me to attend? He even has made an appointment for me to see him 2 days before this event, so he can tell me all about it.

If it is in writing along with the appropriate phrase about "your benefits could be affected yadda yadda", then you probably do need to go to this "event". However, I would use the earlier appointment to persuade your "adviser" to stump up any travel costs to this event.

If it is in writing along with the appropriate phrase about "your benefits could be affected yadda yadda", then you probably do need to go to this "event". However, I would use the earlier appointment to persuade your "adviser" to stump up any travel costs to this event.

You can also ask the W2W advisor which HR Managers will be attending.... the majority of people attending a Jobs Event tend to be Sales and Marketing Assistants and Personnel Clerks, and although they are normally prepared to aggressively promote their organisation to candidates (who may well be in a position to buy their services in future when they are employed), distribute application forms and/or accept CV's, they generally tend not to be qualified to arrange an interview for any specific job.

In addition to travelling expenses, you can also emphasize the need that, when you go to any Jobs Event, a candidate needs to present themselves really well, and therefore you need to go to the expense of buying new Interview Clothing, and if they are mandating you to attend, then they should also go to this expense as well.

Edited by citizenB