Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Always take a copy of a fit note. I have heard some people have supplied copies of fit notes but I can't attest to that. If you take it in personally make sure they stamp it and it doesn't do any harm to ask for a receipt

I didn't know you could do that, I'll be asking for that from now on!

Also got my third letter in from DWP regarding missed Ingeus appointments. One dated 22.02.16, another 24.02.16 and the most recent 25.02.16.

I have replied in writing twice and also phoned on the number provided to clear this up, but I'm guessing that every time I get a red flag cleared from my file, my Ingeus adviser reports me again and another pops up on the DWP system. I did tell the woman on the phone that I had filled in the JSA28 form and she looked at my record/file and was happy to remove the report from Ingeus, but if it's so easily seen when they look me up, why can't they do that before sending me letters/text messages telling me that I need to contact them ASAP or my benefit will be affected.

I suppose I'll just need to speak with someone in the job centre when I go to hand in a duplicate fit note on Monday. Hopefully it'll put an end to this.

Sounds as though they're doing it on purpose. What a waste of their time and that of the DWPs when the DWP could be dealing with people who are actually missing appointments.

I'm 99.9% positive that my Ingeus adviser is doing this on purpose. She looked so snarky when she booked me in for four 2 hour long job searching appointments and now I don't have to go to them, she's ****ed off and wasting everyone's time to try and get back at me.

I did tell the woman on the phone that I had filled in the JSA28 form and she looked at my record/file and was happy to remove the report from Ingeus, but if it's so easily seen when they look me up, why can't they do that before sending me letters/text messages telling me that I need to contact them ASAP or my benefit will be affected.

It is probably an automated system that doesn't bother cross checking data before sending out the letters.

I'm 99.9% positive that my Ingeus adviser is doing this on purpose. She looked so snarky when she booked me in for four 2 hour long job searching appointments and now I don't have to go to them, she's ****ed off and wasting everyone's time to try and get back at me.

You need to start the formal complaints process in writing. You should have received a copy of the Ingeus complaints procedures, if not, ask this "adviser" for a copy to be posted to you as soon as possible. When you start the complaint, copy the DWP in on it so that they have a record to add to their list.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Anyone know any of the latest gossip as to what is happening internally at Ingeus with regards redundancies etc.? (I seem to remember there was someone on here who had some knowledge).

..believe it or not, by chance I happened to be in a train station bar about a month ago (in a northern city which shall remain nameless!!), and there was a group of Ingeus employees having a meeting/discussing redundancies! Couldn't earwig very well unfortunately, but this happened on the same day as my regular appointment had been cancelled, so seemed to tie up with the Ingeus sinking ship theory!

Edited by Skyro

Ingeus business model was never sustainable they just took the cream at teh start of the contract and now just left with the cheese, they do not get paid for bums on seats any more and as they are incapable of producing results by helping people into work they are struggling, my local office has recently dramatically down sized into smaller cheaper premises.

I worked for Ingeus 4 years ago.

I googled them and this was one of the sites that came up. So I've joined just to say I agree with the last post by trebormoinet.

Ingeus' business model was screwed from the getgo. Despite the impossible targets I was given, everyone who came before me fit real easy into one of three categories - (bearing in mind they only got referred to Ingeus after having had 12 months to sort themselves out and find a job)

Category 1: Too insane to ever seriously expect to work or be necessary to normal society.

Category 2: Those genuine poor sods over 50yrs old whose industry died and really REALLY want to work because their whole self-respect was defined by getting up in the morning and earning a pay packet to support their family and feel they had a stake/status in society, but never stand a chance of work again.

Life sure isn't fair.

I'm glad Ingeus is probably going tits up. But you can't blame all us advisers .

Edited by Mr.P
Removed the inflamatory/derogatory sections. Please read the forum guidelines.

Hi, can I just ask CAG admin who edited my post?

That's a bit weird isn't it to do that? I mean to take people's words and edit them to change the meaning?

Is this site some sort of Soviet newspaper?

Frankly, I find it quite frightening that a poster's words can be edited to suit a random admin's agenda.

I'd expect this if I was posting on something like Daily Mail, but not on a site like CAG which seems to be so painfully Left Wing?

What's the reason? Can someone let me know please. It's actually unreasonably irritated me.

(PS, Admin - please have the decency to answer me in-thread rather than sending me a PM to tell me why, as I think any new poster has a right to see the kind of people allowed to be in charge of a site like this).

Thanks.

Edited by tolkester

tolkester, your post was edited to remove inflammatory/derogatory remarks. And, if as you say in another thread started today that you are a reincarnation then you will be very aware of the Forum Rules.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

tolkester, your post was edited to remove inflammatory/derogatory remarks. And, if as you say in another thread started today that you are a reincarnation then you will be very aware of the Forum Rules.

Who decides what is "inflammatory/derogatory"?

You?

Random Cag Admin?

I remember when it was "inflammatory" to say that the earth was round.

Edited by antone
Edited derogatory remarks and offensive language.

CAG Admin and Site Team make these decisions. Plus, you know fine why your post was edited so don't bother with the whole "come see the violence inherent in the system!" nonsense.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi all, really quick update as sadly there's not too much to update on.

So as mentioned my area is cutting staff by 50%, that's across the board as in advisors, admin, EPCs, MWA advisors and facilitators. 4 offices are being closed in the area as well.

The consultation period started today - with everyone having this week to take voluntary redundancy.

Consultation should last until Easter, as I know reps are going round the offices speaking to everyone concerned. The main reason is that the business model is no longer viable - funny they say that now and yet the target of 21 clients in work each quarter hasn't changed!

Final decisions should be first week in April.

This doesn't surprise me sadly, but the targets were nigh on impossible to attain and totally inappropriate for dealing with people rather than sales targets.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Yes I completely agree - what I've found very scary is that the next level of management - PDMs (also up for redundancy) still don't see the issue and are adamant that targets are there to be hit.

There's no support at the moment and even at this stage, people are being set up for disciplinary action should those targets not be met.

Last week a company director visited from London - and it was very clear to see why he company is failing so badly, he had no concept of the challenges of finding any form of work in this area, let alone 7 people into work per month.

Consultation is a misnomer - they already have made their decision and need to back it up with 'evidence' that this is what claimants want. TOSH.

Claimants want to be left alone to do their own job searches, their home computers are often faster and able to connect to more sites than the ones in the job centre.

All this 'witnessing people doing job searching is trying to find a way to get you on a worthless course. I got sent to a PC course and the trainer was somebody I had trained. He took me to one side and said he would have a word with the idiot who sent me to the basic course....he did and luckily I did not get a sanction for not turning up.

Yes I completely agree - what I've found very scary is that the next level of management - PDMs (also up for redundancy) still don't see the issue and are adamant that targets are there to be hit.

There's no support at the moment and even at this stage, people are being set up for disciplinary action should those targets not be met.

Last week a company director visited from London - and it was very clear to see why he company is failing so badly, he had no concept of the challenges of finding any form of work in this area, let alone 7 people into work per month.

I think the PDM's are looking at this from a quite personal standpoint, if they're seen to be facilitating a reduction in the targets then it's their neck on the line.

In some respects it would seem there's been a slight reduction in targets since my time there, only by one per month though - we were expected to get 8 people into a job each month.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.