• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recall a hidden camera documentary about one of these places. Seems awful. Did you outright refuse?

Hi nickk - not yet been placed in a position where I have to refuse. I know there are jobs out there like this (like you I have seen documentaries). I was just trying to point out the difference between being a van driver for Iceland (does no one any harm and a not unpleasant way to pass the day) and a telephone debt collector.

Happy Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I,m with Remploy and have nothing but problems. They keep giving me appointments they know I can't make. I volunter and they want to put me on a work placement. Full time no doubt, which I can't physocally do. They wanted me to stay for an hour on Wednesday job searching. I can do by myself at home. They ttold me to aply for a job I can't do and they know this. I'm finding this a waste of time.

They moaned me bexause I told them a few weeks ago I couldn't make appointments in the afernoon. Reluctantly I came to the appointment on Wednesday and told them I can't come this afternon, whch I got told off for. They won't change the appointments that I can't maake next week either. I'm not that weel at the moment and this is just making me worse.

In ANY situation such as this I would request in writing a written explanation (required within seven (7) days) of why, given that they were aware of the circumstances, they did not feel able to exercise any flexibility.

Copy in your local JCP, MP, councillor etc..

Sit back and watch them sweat.

I,m with Remploy and have nothing but problems. They keep giving me appointments they know I can't make. I volunter and they want to put me on a work placement. Full time no doubt, which I can't physocally do. They wanted me to stay for an hour on Wednesday job searching. I can do by myself at home. They ttold me to aply for a job I can't do and they know this. I'm finding this a waste of time.

They moaned me bexause I told them a few weeks ago I couldn't make appointments in the afernoon. Reluctantly I came to the appointment on Wednesday and told them I can't come this afternon, whch I got told off for. They won't change the appointments that I can't maake next week either. I'm not that weel at the moment and this is just making me worse.

Ask them in writing why a company supposedly founded to assist the ill and disabled is actually incapable of doing so. Maybe invoke the DDA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi everyone. I was placed with Ingeus last September, luckily I didn't have to go for long, because I managed to find myself a job online the day after I had been placed with them (which I found online at home), and luckily my interview went well. My Christmas temp contract finishes tomorrow (Saturday 7th of Jan), so after I return my uniform on Monday, I'll be signing on again. What annoys me is, I know I've got to go back to Ingeus (or Papworth Trust as they refer to themselves sometimes). Another annoying thing is, they phoned me Wednesday night (about 7-7:30), which I was not expecting, didn't really appreciate being phoned at that time (never got the name of the caller, but he did ask how my job was going, and asked if my contract had been renewed, which sadly it hasn't). Since I'll be receiving another two weeks worth of money from my last employer, could I or should I delay signing on again? The caller from Ingeus/Papworth seemed quite keen for me to be reassigned to them. Is there anyway I can get out of going back to them, since they never actually did anything for me, or helped me in anyway? Thanks :D

My JSA adviser has told me that it's either going to be Remploy or the Work Programme come March (at the latest). Frankly I don't really see much difference. it's all the same old gravy train. I self referred, while on ESA, to Remploy in Bristol. I went there twice. I wasn't terribly impressed. I told them that one of my interests was music (the jc love that) and they recommended i apply to HMV (they weren't explicitly recruiting either). Even though the WP is supposed to find suitable jobs for people (hence it's payment methodology), Remploy didn't care.

I'd recommend speaking to your GP about it, but if they're anything like mine it won't get you very far. Doctors don't really seem at all interested in understanding how the welfare system treats people and how it fails them.

didn't really appreciate being phoned at that time (never got the name of the caller, but he did ask how my job was going, and asked if my contract had been renewed, which sadly it hasn't).
They're calling because they want the payment for helping you get that job (whether they actually did or not means nothing to them). Tell them nothing except to get stuffed.

Slightly off topic this, I am currently claiming ESA my assessment is tomorrow, on paper I should get 15 points I am expecting 0. If push comes to shove and I end up back on JSA I will have an interesting time, I am a Carpenter / Joiner by trade I have been told that my working day's in this capacity are well and truly over due to my health, so I would reflect that in any Jobseekers agreement I had to make, I am also a qualified Guitar maker / repairer ( which is formally known as a Luthier), so this will be the profession I would now put down, can you imagine the look on their faces when they read the Job description Luthier, WTF is a Luthier?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

These people will stop at nothing to get their payments from the DWP. Just remember:

1. You don;t have to provide them with an e-mail address

2. You don't have to provide them with a phone or mobile number

It is true that you cannot prevent the DWP passing on this info - if they have it. Best to ask the Job Centre to delete these items from your data as soon as you know that you're being referred to a provider.

3. You don't have to give them a CV

Whatever you do make sure that you do not sign the data waiver form (this should prevent them spamming your details all over the place).

go to the consent dot me site for details (sorry this site is preventing me posting the link!)

Ask them in writing why a company supposedly founded to assist the ill and disabled is actually incapable of doing so. Maybe invoke the DDA.

Their excuse is that they're busy with everyone else and can't fit me in. Right, I told them when they made the appointments that I can't make them without difficulty.

Their excuse is that they're busy with everyone else and can't fit me in. Right, I told them when they made the appointments that I can't make them without difficulty.

As i suspect you know, this is complete balderdash. These organisations really are trying it on these days. It's their job to fit you in according to your needs. They are there to serve US. We are not there to line their pockets.

A "bright idea" has occurred to me.

Get some advice for a letter to be written and hand delivered.

Ask them why they are refusing to make suitable alterations/adaptations in order to make allowances for your disability? A failure to do so, would be a breach of the DDA, wouldnt it, especially since, technically speaking, they are a public service.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A Happier New Year to Everyone on here

I am a Newbie to this Site and only found it by a link from MSE - I am helping a Neighbour sort Financial problems now he is on JSA after being made Redundant and was horrified to find what he has obviously signed up to at Maximus - some of these Advisers must have gone to the same Finishing School - the nastiest has now gone thankfully, to set up her own same business - probably didnt think she was getting paid enough for bullying there so will probably bully her own advisors instead now that people appear to be finding out how they are being conned into signing all sorts illegally. :mad2:

I didnt realise and I know my Friend doesnt that he will be tied up to this lot for 2 years and what they will be paid for doing nothing.

Something that hasnt been said on this thread about CVs is that when I asked for his 2nd CV to be slightly altered to show a particular interest (ignored by them ) so that it could be posted onto a Company that I had inside info that some suitable vacancies were coming they refused saying it cost £25 to do a CV - I wonder did that come out of his setup Grant thing ? However I got round that by getting someone to send it to a mail address I have lent him for a while so I can apply for him.

However what I have mainly come on this Thread for, is that somewhere on here someone mentioned a UBS Memory Stick Recording Device for about 14.99 but I cant find it now and it would be useful with Bank Interviews with him. Not the one at Argos Can anyone please give me any info on where to obtain this item.

I hope someone can help me find it. Thanks

PS is there a seperate Thread for Maximus or is just a different area ?

I bought one for around £14. Can't find the details now I'm afraid but have a look at some of these :http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/cl/11/MP3-Players?other_hits=462%3Amp3+players%7C108%3Amp3+players%7C353%3Amp3+players%7C687%3Amp3+players%7Cx%3B286%3B%3B&q=mp3+players&ref=redirect&search=mp3+players&sort=3

You want one with a voice recording facility.

As for charging for a CV = that is ridiculous (personally I would pay to keep these people away from my CV!). They are being paid by the DWP to provide tailored support to help people back to work (the attachment fee they receive is currently £400 for JSA and £600 for ESA claimants). In addition there are hefty follow on payments when people get and remain in work. If someone has suggested you pay them for CV help - get them to put this in writing (they won't!) or record it. Then complain to the DWP - the provider is in breach of their DWP contract by trying to charge you!

Just a question regards recording ....would you be able to record the interview without being in any bother or should you tell them you will be recording ....the later would mean that they would not say stuff that they would other wise say if you did`nt tell them ?

You are supposed to inform that you will be recording and will be required to sign forms to state that the recording will be for your own personal refernce and it cannot be posted on any part of the internet. Also the adviser can refuse to be recorded and another adviser will be found who is happy for this to happen. Due o data protection if you do decide to pursue recording the interview it must be held in a provate room so that you do not not record anyobody else and the company will not be in breach of data protection of other peoples information that cuould be recorede in an open environment.

Flumps1976 is basically correct but you are free to record either overtly (by telling them what you are doing) or covertly. If you inform them then they should (as Fumps says) go to a private room (thus avoiding the inadevertant recording of a third party). Either way the record should not be posted on the web (this is copyright law rather than anything else) but you are free to keep it and use a transcript as evidence should you ever have to do so.

Hi Everyone Thanks for your imput

Bakatcha I didnt mean that they were going to charge him, what I think they meant is that it cost £25 to do a CV and they wouldnt redo it but I dont know who would have paid them that for writing the CV that is what I meant about did it come out of his 'Set up ' they would have been paid from somewhere.

Regaarding the USB recording device - thanks everyone - I will ask in places like Currys,PC worls etc - I was only planing to use it for my own use and transcribe as evidence of what lies Barclays will be telling. I didnt know some MP3 players had a recording facility - I am 72 and self taught PC more or less literate and am still learning so am not familier with things like MP3 Players.

Maybe I shall just take points/notes Once again Thanks for everyones imput and Good Luck All

I have a Phillips MP3 player that I bought years ago, it records brilliantly, it will pick up a pin drop in a quiet room, slightly smaller than a credit card in footprint and about 3/8" thick perfect for a shirt top pocket.

I would personally always record covertly, you will get them off guard, if you inform organisations that you are recording an interview they always throw up objections and barriers, having said that, they are probably recording you as most places have security cameras.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Thanks osdset

I will have a look for the MP3 player type you refer to - if I do record I will probably do it covertly - it is going to be for my own use - until then I will take notes to help my memory - luckily I have a semi-photographic memory - have in the past written shopping list, forgotten to take it and got all the shopping in correct order.

Thanks for all advice

Regarding Ingeus et al I wouldn't bother telling them you're recording something, do it covertly, and then any 'confusion' arising can be met with a transcript of the recording, and if its' content is disputed you can then offer to play the actual recording to any interested parties.

I also like the idea of them never being quite sure whether or not someone is doing this.:madgrin:

Edited by Raven1

Hi, I'm new on the forum, which I found on a search for INGEUS.

How much are this croney mob going to be paid for ‘helping’ me?

I am on JSA, have care responsibilities for my father and will probably have to go on attendance allowance wihin the year.

Hi davidsf2

They will be paid a £400 attachment fee by the DWP (this is £600 for ESA claimants). Attachment fees reduce to 75% of these figures for new "customers" from April and then again each year. The basis of the WP is that the payments should be result orientated so that the bulk of the payments relates to getting people into long term sustainable employment. I haven't checked the calculation but I understand that the total recieved (over a number of years) could be as high as £13000! Now there are also other revenue streams which are exploited by the providers - notably European Social Fund money (you will see the logos all over Ingeus's premises). This appears to work by getting people to go on courses (e.g. basic literacy and numeracy courses) with organisations like Learn Direct. The ESF pays for each attendee and there is a kickback arrangement whereby the provider gets some sort of introductory commission (around 1300 quid I think though I am open to correction). There are also "nice little earners" like A4greed's Debt/money advice service. Enemma Harrison (a4greed's founder and owner) was paid £300,000 to design a debt/money advice service then (surprise, surprise!) A4greed won the tender to provide the service! There is no doubt a substantial bounty paid by DWP for each individual receiving the service (though I doubt if Ingeus will push this as they are A4greed's competition).

Now - what can you do? Firstly do some research - start here: http://www.consent.me.uk/

Remember to claim your travel expenses every time you are required to attend at Ingeus AND (as you say you have caring responsibilities) you are entitled to reclaim any cost of care that is needed when you have to attend at Ingeus. They shouldn't argue about the latter but you may want to clear it with them first.

Good Luck.