Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One does not use the word "and" to start a sentence, nor should one use semi and full colons with such gay abandon.... On being shown a list of "courses" that I might be interested in, I suggested some of the present staff would benefit more from the "Basic English and Grammar" course.

Also offered to provide them with some books entitled "The Complete Idiots Guide to Grammar and Style".biggrin1.gif

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard to resist, isn't it - sometimes they make it so easy. I often ask my advisor 'How's the job outcome payments going then?' or perhaps 'Are you getting many sustainment payments from your job outcomes then?'. Or my favourite..'How's the performance figures doing this month; have you reached the DWP requirements yet?'.

Usually just gets a grunt in reply as apparently we aren't supposed to know about such things :)

One does not use the word "and" to start a sentence, nor should one use semi and full colons with such gay abandon.... On being shown a list of "courses" that I might be interested in, I suggested some of the present staff would benefit more from the "Basic English and Grammar" course.

Also offered to provide them with some books entitled "The Complete Idiots Guide to Grammar and Style".biggrin1.gif

Actually - you can start a sentence with a conjunction .... it's usually used for effect or emphasis :-)

BUT, I wouldn't use it in business letters

Imp! :-)

BA (Hons) English with History

Also offered to provide them with some books entitled "The Complete Idiots Guide to Grammar and Also offered to provide them with some books entitled "The Complete Idiots Guide to Grammar and Style".

Do you mean 'Idiot's Guide' with an apostrophe? :lol:

Also offered to provide them with some books entitled "The Complete Idiots Guide to Grammar and Also offered to provide them with some books entitled "The Complete Idiots Guide to Grammar and Style".

Do you mean 'Idiot's Guide' with an apostrophe? :lol:

or Idiots'

as there's certainly more than one of them.

(11+ failure)

When I signed the other week my advisor ,who is a nice guy asked how it was going with Ingeus. I said my advisor had been ill for nearly three weeks (she's still off now). I was told I should be seeing a an interim advisor whilst she's off! Anyone been told this. The office I attend always has 2/3 advisors absent.

Others have indicated that some advisers are "nice" in a face to face situation, yet will stab you in the back when it suits their needs - Never take these people at face value and always treat them with an air of suspicion and caution. Indeed, one I had was all sweet and charming at the first meeting, subsequent meetings were more like a one sided fight in a dragon pit.

In answer to your question: The whole industry is based on staff working on short term contracts with impossible targets to hit. As a consequence, turnover is high, and any number could be off pulling stress related sickies. That your (normal) adviser has been absent for three weeks is of little surprise and don't hold out much hope for an early return (if at all).

When I signed the other week my advisor ,who is a nice guy asked how it was going with Ingeus. I said my advisor had been ill for nearly three weeks (she's still off now). I was told I should be seeing a an interim advisor whilst she's off! Anyone been told this. The office I attend always has 2/3 advisors absent.

That's cos they are also sick of the place!

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice really on what to do?

I'm 20 and been with Ingeus for around 9 months now but from the 10th of April - 9th May they have stopped my JSA as I missed a few appointments due to tonsilitis over the past 2 months as I get it quite severe resulting in me not able to attend.

The thing that has annoyed me is that I had an appointment a couple of weeks ago and my advisor asked in general chit chat what I was up to for the rest of the week which I said I was going to a concert the next day (bare in mind I had no appointments with them

nor was this in the standard 9 -5 hours) so she just asked who I was going to see and all was well.

Anywho, I missed appointmnts on the 27th & 28th March due to me having tonsilitis all week really but she informed the job centre that I missed it due to going to a concert resulting in them stopping my benefits for a month. As you can imagine I was pretty annoyed about this and I have sent off my appeal form and explained in detail, she also pointed out that I hadn't sent her an email for missing an appointment earlier that month when I have proof of the email sent as I was ill then also. I do job search a lot and definitely do more than what is required by their standards and never had a problem with them before.

It just amazes me that they are absolutely fine with me having no money what so ever for over a month yet are happy to take £4000 if they find me a job or I give my details to them! I signed the consent form so should I when I next have an appointment ask to remove my consent? It's really annoyed me as I don't know what I'm meant to live on till I next get money on the 24th of May, thanks.

This doesn't surprise me at all about ingeus, this is why i tell them NOTHING about my social life or personal life for that matter.

some body i know had an appointment with ingeus 2 weeks ago, her sister was rushed to hospital the day of the appointment. so she rung up to say she couldn't attend as was at hospital with sister, advisor at the time said it was fine that she'd make her a new appointment which she would send in post. 3 days later she got a letter from job centre to say she her JSA was being stopped as she hadn't attending a WP appointment! :mad2:

The JC can't simply stop anyone's benefit - they have to notify you first a doubt has been raised (and keep paying in the meantime) then you get the chance to put your side of the story (still while being paid) then your benefit is only stopped after a decision is made..and not by the JC either. Even if your benefit is stopped, you're given notice to prepare (or at least that's what should happen; I know it doesn't a lot of the time though)

The JC sometimes ask me how it's going with Ingeus but you can tell it's just making conversation - they haven't the slightest interest in whether the course is wonderful or abysmal as long as I'm attending it as per the requirements. If you need to complain about Ingeus, do it yourself because the 'anything for a quiet life' JC certainly won't do it for you. They'll happily agree that the WP aren't very good but they don't want to know about your complaints.

I've been asked if I have 'regular' appointments with Ingeus (which thankfully I don't) and I usually reply 'yes, I regularly see them once in a while' :)

... reminds of the time a brand new pub opened in town and the doorman stopped me going in... because I wasn't a regular. I politely said 'the place has just opened - there are no regulars yet unless you start letting people in'. He pondered this for a while then said 'well okay then, in you go'. People are brilliant aren't they?

Edited by jasta11

The JC can't simply stop anyone's benefit - they have to notify you first a doubt has been raised (and keep paying in the meantime) then you get the chance to put your side of the story (still while being paid) then your benefit is only stopped after a decision is made..and not by the JC either. Even if your benefit is stopped, you're given notice to prepare (or at least that's what should happen; I know it doesn't a lot of the time though)

This is of course how it should happen but doesn't most of the time, Ingeus once tried to get me into trouble for not attending an appointment (one i didnt even know i had) due to the fact they had swapped me to a new advisor and booked me an appointment via the post which i didnt get. even through i had one with my old advisor! JC were ok about it and i didnt lose my money..

Talking of ingeus ive been told i am now with a new advisor(this will be my 3rd one) as i am now on the next stage whats the next stage anyone know?

I don't care either bunch of idiots the lot of them.

well what comes around goes around so one day they'll find themselves in the same position we are in, i have to try very hard not to patronise them haha :D

This is of course how it should happen but doesn't most of the time, Ingeus once tried to get me into trouble for not attending an appointment (one i didnt even know i had) due to the fact they had swapped me to a new advisor and booked me an appointment via the post which i didnt get. even through i had one with my old advisor! JC were ok about it and i didnt lose my money..

Talking of ingeus ive been told i am now with a new advisor(this will be my 3rd one) as i am now on the next stage whats the next stage anyone know?

Have Ingeus sent you on any courses with other providers yet? That might be the next stage, (if you haven't already done this). I'm in your area and was sent to Learning Links up on Westgate Road for 18 weeks which involved 'Employability' course, a very basic 'Business Admin' course and odd things. Did me no good as I'm already well skilled but it got me away from Ingeus and I have to honestly say the people at Learning Links were very nice; actual human beings with a sense of humour. Loads of food too - and free chocolate; you certainly won't starve!

If you do have to get sent somewhere, ask to go there - at least you know you'll be treated properly. I'd have happily stayed there for my 2 years if I'd had the choice.

Have Ingeus sent you on any courses with other providers yet? That might be the next stage, (if you haven't already done this). I'm in your area and was sent to Learning Links up on Westgate Road for 18 weeks which involved 'Employability' course, a very basic 'Business Admin' course and odd things. Did me no good as I'm already well skilled but it got me away from Ingeus and I have to honestly say the people at Learning Links were very nice; actual human beings with a sense of humour. Loads of food too - and free chocolate; you certainly won't starve!

If you do have to get sent somewhere, ask to go there - at least you know you'll be treated properly. I'd have happily stayed there for my 2 years if I'd had the choice.

speaking of other providers, a friend of a friend has been sent to a provider called 'ats' for 16 weeks by ingeus

Please NOTE: Forum Rules :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-Forum-rules.-Please-read-these-before-posting

1.8 Bank and other company staff: Whether you like them or not, they are just doing their job. Please do not refer to these people in any personal insulting or offensive way. They are not the policymakers in their organisations and are only doing a job.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Please NOTE: Forum Rules :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-Forum-rules.-Please-read-these-before-posting

1.8 Bank and other company staff: Whether you like them or not, they are just doing their job. Please do not refer to these people in any personal insulting or offensive way. They are not the policymakers in their organisations and are only doing a job.

Does the rules also say that we should not praise them in the interests of equality and fairness :-)

Just pulling your leg.

Are you looking at doing admin work or would they just send anyone on a course like this? I would never never never be able to do an admin job. I cant spell, I cant write, type or use computers and stuff.

Does the rules also say that we should not praise them in the interests of equality and fairness :-)

Just pulling your leg.

Yeah. I think the purpose of that rule is obvious. Every so often, someone in one of these "hated" organisations such as banks, the DWP and yes, even WP staffers, shows up here and offers useful advice and insight.

So if such a person helps you, by all means praise them. And if they don't help you because they've turned up here in their own free time to offer assistance and they've received abuse in return...?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Are you looking at doing admin work or would they just send anyone on a course like this? I would never never never be able to do an admin job. I cant spell, I cant write, type or use computers and stuff.

Intentionally affected stupidity will neither fool nor impress anyone. You will not get around WP requirements or avoid their ridiculous "courses" by pretending that there's no job you could possibly do because you're too thick. I do believe that WP advisers lack the training and experience they need to do their jobs but most of them are not, fundamentally, idiots.

More useful would to look at the DWP guidelines as to what's "reasonable under a participant's circumstances", I'd have thought. If you've already done a job that involves sending letters and using computers, why should you need a course to teach you these skills?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

So if such a person helps you, by all means praise them.

Agreed - To be fair, I did meet one WP staffer that (on the face of it) showed genuine concern for me. But she was only the receptionist with minimal powers or authority.

Intentionally affected stupidity will neither fool nor impress anyone. You will not get around WP requirements or avoid their ridiculous "courses" by pretending that there's no job you could possibly do because you're too thick. I do believe that WP advisers lack the training and experience they need to do their jobs but most of them are not, fundamentally, idiots.

More useful would to look at the DWP guidelines as to what's "reasonable under a participant's circumstances", I'd have thought. If you've already done a job that involves sending letters and using computers, why should you need a course to teach you these skills?

Refresher courses? Courses to give you a qualification? Money is paid to the drone regardless of course isn't it?

Edited by citizenB

Agreed - To be fair, I did meet one WP staffer that (on the face of it) showed genuine concern for me. But she was only the receptionist with minimal powers or authority.

All things being equal, if any Welfare To Work Plebutente had any good idea, they would presumably sell that idea to their organisation, and in due course, the success rate associated with the Work Programme would be appreciably better than it is. They do appreciate that a "Success Rate" of 2% isn't the proportion of the unemployed who remain unemployed and who should be in employment?