Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was at my Job search session with Ingeus today after arriving 10mins early for my 1pm appointment i sat waiting til 1:20pm til the receptionist had to ring my advisor to ask him for the 2nd time when he was going to see me, he just told her it was job search and to tell me to go to the PCs....after a hour looking through the same half a dozen jobs i waited to been seen by him to get my travel sorted, when he finally came for me he asked if i have had any luck i told him no, he then said i think we will have to have a chat next week (when he had more time???) about what you are doing wrong as you haven't had a job interview in the last month so you must be doing something wrong?(nothing to do with the fact there are very few jobs out there that i am trained to do, plus that match my hours needed as i am a single mum with no family to help watch my child) He wanted me to apply for a job at Tesco but it was for evening/night shift and he knows i have a kid. So i wonder what joys he will have planned for me next week to get me my dream job. p.s a friend of mine has just been told she has to start the work programme, she told the person "i thought they were getting rid of those" he replied no they are going no where, so she is now about to start her 2year sentence.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On one occasion, after being kept waiting whilst an adviser did her nails & engaged in idle chitchat with a colleague, I pointed out "You expect me to be on time. Conversely, it is reasonable to expect you to be available at that time". Fortunately, I never had the "well do a job search", but if the suggestion had been made, a suitable response would have been: "The appointment was to see you or a suitably qualified adviser, not to engage in pointless activities that I am quite capable of completing at home."

As for your friend, she might like to read some of the FoI responses from the DWP: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?390024-Mandate-by-WP-provider-Guidance-notes

Information is power - Use it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I was at my Job search session with Ingeus today after arriving 10mins early for my 1pm appointment i sat waiting til 1:20pm til the receptionist had to ring my advisor to ask him for the 2nd time when he was going to see me, he just told her it was job search and to tell me to go to the PCs....after a hour looking through the same half a dozen jobs i waited to been seen by him to get my travel sorted, when he finally came for me he asked if i have had any luck i told him no, he then said i think we will have to have a chat next week (when he had more time???) about what you are doing wrong as you haven't had a job interview in the last month so you must be doing something wrong?(nothing to do with the fact there are very few jobs out there that i am trained to do, plus that match my hours needed as i am a single mum with no family to help watch my child) He wanted me to apply for a job at Tesco but it was for evening/night shift and he knows i have a kid. So i wonder what joys he will have planned for me next week to get me my dream job. p.s a friend of mine has just been told she has to start the work programme, she told the person "i thought they were getting rid of those" he replied no they are going no where, so she is now about to start her 2year sentence.

They love to blame the unemployed for bieng unemployed whilst they don't actually do anything useful normally

They love to blame the unemployed for being unemployed whilst they don't actually do anything useful normally

Not just for being unemployed - Complained about an "adviser" that mumbled and appeared to ignore me when ever I sat in front of him... It was determined that it was my fault for not fully engaging in the programme. Also had the "you must be doing something wrong because you are not getting any interviews. Bring in a CV and covering letter so that we can criticise it". That was despite having had two job interviews and one offer of employment (with a confirmed start date) within the previous month.

I suspect they will stay until one or more of the following occur:

• A change in government - The current programme will be recycled and punted out as something new & radical. See the New Deal -> Flexible new Deal -> Work Programme evolution as an example.
  • One or more major prime providers go bankrupt or cut their losses and run.
  • The current contracts run their course and the DWP see no sense in renewing the contracts :flypig:
  • A public revolt takes place and the likes of IDS are severely castigated (or should that be castrated).

Not just for being unemployed - Complained about an "adviser" that mumbled and appeared to ignore me when ever I sat in front of him... It was determined that it was my fault for not fully engaging in the programme. Also had the "you must be doing something wrong because you are not getting any interviews. Bring in a CV and covering letter so that we can criticise it". That was despite having had two job interviews and one offer of employment (with a confirmed start date) within the previous month.

I got the blame at SEETEC for their petty stupidities such as not allowing jobseekers ring the bell more then 3 times, never being willing to help, phoning for dentist at their desk and then claiming they were at lunch and other stuff

Got told I think the world revolves around me by the manager

Finished soon after and had an attack of CBA for the last session as they had no interest in helping me with a job interview that went bad due to homophobic staff and a petty small-minded female interviewer/numpty

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... But don't forget, you could use the printer/photocopier at Ingeus to print the forms. If you do it on a day when you've been mandated to attend, you get to claim travel expenses back too.

so i gotta re withdraw my consent the? :/

I knew mine were thieving ****

Stealing from the unemployed - how low can you go as a charity?

I'm sure that if you wrote to:

Derek French/Clare Elliot

Head of Work Programmes

Department for Work and Pensions

Level 4

Steel City House

56 West Street

Sheffield

S1 2GQ

This pair would appear to be top of the food chain as far as overseeing the activities of the providers - If nothing else, they won't be happy to get letters indicating possible fraud... You never know, your provider may get a kick up the backside :wink:

Oh, as to where the name & address came from - It was at the top of a letter sent to seven failing primes back in November 2012 telling them to pull their socks up (copies available on request).

I'm sure that if you wrote to:

Derek French/Clare Elliot

Head of Work Programmes

Department for Work and Pensions

Level 4

Steel City House

56 West Street

Sheffield

S1 2GQ

This pair would appear to be top of the food chain as far as overseeing the activities of the providers - If nothing else, they won't be happy to get letters indicating possible fraud... You never know, your provider may get a kick up the backside :wink:

Oh, as to where the name & address came from - It was at the top of a letter sent to seven failing primes back in November 2012 telling them to pull their socks up (copies available on request).

Thanks

My drones have done it twice to me and I don't know how many others

Edited by citizenB

Thanks

My drones have done it twice to me and I don't know how many others

I seem to recall that Robert Deveraux of the DWP gave a Witness Testimony within the Public Accounts Committee..... Margaret Hodge being her normal bandstanding, evangelistic self....and getting nowhere with the questions.

Edited by citizenB

oh great so that means i have to withdraw my consent again?! :(

Yes! Why on earth did you sign the mini drone's form having already refused (or withdrawn) consent from the main drone????

Edited by citizenB

Yes! Why on earth did you sign the mini drone's form having already refused (or withdrawn) consent from the main drone????

i don't know, must have been a moment of madness :(

what can they do if i don't re withdraw my consent?

Edited by citizenB

i don't know, must have been a moment of madness :(

what can they do if i don't re withdraw my consent?

Well I guess they'll take it as your permission to spam your details/cv round to whoever they feel like sending it to. Additionally it is your permission to contact any future employer to check on your hours and conduct and enable them to get their precious outcome payment from the DWP.

Well I guess they'll take it as your permission to spam your details/cv round to whoever they feel like sending it to. Additionally it is your permission to contact any future employer to check on your hours and conduct and enable them to get their precious outcome payment from the DWP.

What do you mean by conduct? They never said anything like that when I heard the spiel off their intro muppet. Is it attendance etc? Surely that's not legal/legit?

"Hi, this is Max from [drone]. I understand you took Little Johnny on recently as a gardener. How's he doing....ah..I see... Time keeping OK is it..... Oh.... So he is turning up on time and doing the work OK, but you're having to let him go because he keeps wetting the beds. Would it help if we provided him with incontinence pants ?....um, so you'd still have to let him go.."

Edited by citizenB

"Hi, this is Max from [drone] I understand you took Little Johnny on recently as a gardener. How's he doing....ah..I see... Time keeping OK is it..... Oh.... So he is turning up on time and doing the work OK, but you're having to let him go because he keeps wetting the beds. Would it help if we provided him with incontinence pants ?....um, so you'd still have to let him go.."

I have over-heard those conversations from the drone that I attend

I am glad I have removed consent now

My drone can't convince as far as I can tell from overhearing

In-work support just seems to be a misnomer as they can't support but they can get those precious answers that mean pimpo earns more money

Edited by citizenB

I spoke to another advisor at the WP office I go to regarding the IngeusWorks site login problems. She told me that my advisor had now moved another office. The advisor has verablly given me a new appointment, but doesn't seem to be responding to any emails requesting a letter or confirmation email. I always have hard copy. My imagination then starts to wander.....hmmmm... I have to sign on tomorrow so do think it's best to go into the office to request a letter.?

You don't have to attend if incorrectly mandated I think?

The original appointment with my advisor who has now transfered was on the same day but a different time. I've just rang and it took ages to answer, no receptionist again...My advisor did answer,however she said she'd ring back as was in an appointment.

What do you mean by conduct? They never said anything like that when I heard the spiel off their intro muppet. Is it attendance etc? Surely that's not legal/legit?

They own you! They will check up to see if the employer thinks you are a good employee. They wouldn't want to lose their ongoing fees just because you were naughty and got fired. If the employer says to them that you are deficient in some way you can be sure that the drone'll be on your case faster than lightning!

Edited by citizenB

They own you! They will check up to see if the employer thinks you are a good employee. They wouldn't want to lose their ongoing fees just because you were naughty and got fired. If the employer says to them that you are deficient in some way you can be sure that the drone'll be on your case faster than lightning!

Don't surprise me

I was told it was so they could contact employees on my behalf, resolve any difficulties once I have a job but nothing about it for them to make a buck

They don't own me

My time served finishes I'm August but I got an NVQ through them (with luck) don't want to say loads about it though

Edited by citizenB

Don't surprise me

I was told it was so they could contact employees on my behalf, resolve any difficulties once I have a job but nothing about it for them to make a buck

They don't own me

My time served finishes I'm August but I got an NVQ through them (with luck) don't want to say loads about it though

I finish early July, so I've applied for voluntary work which I hope will keep the DWP off my back....... The shop is opening this month and is literally a 4 minute walk from my house!