Yet Another Suicide through Debt. We're going to fight back NOW!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TBH,

Bankers and Mp's probably are in the same club!

We need to make our voice known on these issues - how to go about it may be a tad more difficult, but I'm working on it.......:cool:

I spoke to my friend tonight and we have some ideas.

I'd love to become a superhero debtbuster.....:wink:

To try and become an MP, I'd have to stand as an independant, but it's doable.

Maybe I would be the first MP that is actually doing it for the good of the people rather than for financial gain, I could go down in history....:D

Investigations shall continue and I'll keep you informed.........;)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya all come in for an update

fantastic posts since i last posted up

there are differenet types of vulvernable people being hounded

i can talk about my depression now but a year ago i was really not with it all and i really did try to express my health issues to my creditors but they were really not that interested even quoting that the letter i sent from my doctor who was treating me wasnt dated!

so that one bit of scorn towards me was the " the straw that broke the camels back" as the saying goes

and somehow within me came this overwhelming desire to learn my rights and with the many friends on cag and this fantastic forum of people i came here for encouragment and for advice and ive started fighting back and with it my self confidence has rocketed

Funny only yestereday my line manager expressed her compliment of me that i have really come a long way since 18 months back, with how i express myself and how im willing to take on challenges with gutso and am no longer afraid of it appears anything!

That my friends i really owe to you all who have ever posted on my threads, sent me pm's , and gave me advice So Huge Thanks:D

I offer my time and my energy to the worthwhile cause

take care and have a fun eve all laters angel x:cool:

• Haha 1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

That peace of mind is priceless. I agree this site is very important. The hilarious posts from Fred Bassett are invaluable, the template letters are a godsend and the site team are worth their weight in gold. I love your motto. I am a six ft. two rough looking man who can walk the streets without any fear, but at my lowest point I could have said goodnight to the world. It is hardly surprising that we hear so many sad stories. Best of luck for the future.

Mrs E,

I am in the same boat, I am 54 and when I was 16 I dreamed of a good life, I have worked all my life and brought 2 sons up on my own all on my own, worked day and night to make ends meet and yet nothing to achieve financially, always tried to make thing better but never worked. Now I am at the stage of "fight back". The laws in this country is arse upwards but not as bad as other countries. We as people can only air our views but to no avail we can only stand our ground and fight for what is right. This action group is gold dust and all the people who have joined this group stands strong.

I am not a strong person but you only have one chance in life, one life so why let the bastards get you down its only money not life. Lets all stand together and somehow we can win. Times are hard but there is light in the end of the tunnel.

Sorry I have waffled on and maybe my message would not matter but if I can get the chance to let people know about this web site which I may have we all will have a stronger team subject to the site team to fight the robbing organisations that are growing like weeds around us.

Kind regards,

Mashmallow

I have not posted re my debt problems yet- awaiting responses from CCAs but Im on here a lot just reading the experiences

I consider myself lucky to have found this site as our finances have suffered dramatically since my husband became terminally ill

I think with the help of this site I will come through this

Thanks Sheena

What a great thread, and welcome to CAG sheena01. There will be lots of people to help you on here.

A year ago I felt so desperate about my debts. Since finding this site my mindset has changed completely. How I wish I had found CAG sooner. I feel so much stronger about everything. Publicity for the rights of people in vulnerable debt situations is appallingly low, so thank goodness for the people running this site. Some great ideas on here about generating more publicity for debt issues. I will be happy to lend a hand.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad this thread is getting more and more subscribers, and thank you all for supporting it.

Welcome, Sheena, and hello EL. It's good to see you here.:)

Angel, I'm so glad things are looking up for you and you are feeling stronger.

Mashmallow, keep "waffling" - that's what this site (and thread) is all about. And moaning, feeling desperate, anything.

DeR, MrsE, everyone, I'm so glad you are all onboard here. I started this thread as a reaction to the poor girl who sat in front of the train and didn't know if it would get a response, and I'm so glad you are all here now. Let's keep the thread building and I'm absolutely sure the site team will be onside too.

DD

• Haha 1

Also, I know of 19 and 20 years olds who haven't a clue that there is a recession going on. They live at home with mum and dad and spend most weekends clubbing and going to the trendy mall to max out their credit cards on designer gear. How we ever get it through their thick heads that they will still be paying for that designer handbag in 10 years I really don't know. I suppose like all people of that age they will only learn the hard way - through experience.quote]

I was that person you speak about during the "boom" - i was naive, single and money was no object. Whilst i should have showed some personal restraint - it was difficult as everytime i went to the bank i was offered a visa, a loan or a larger overdraft. I had a decent job and no dependants. When i realised my spending had got a little out of hand i decided the best way forward was to consolidate my cards etc into a loan - they very nice lady at the bank informed me that i shouldn't close my VISA as it looked better on my credit file if it was open.

Then the end is history.......all i would say is boy oh boy do i wish i could turn back time!

I'm now 27 years old, married with 2 children and i am still learning the hard way. We seem to always be robbing Peter to pay Paul and never seem to be on our feet!

Debt takes over your life.....the constant harrassing phone calls, nasty letters it really gets to you!

I am ashamed of my debt and would be mortified if my family found out. People who have never suffered debt find it all too easy to judge - it must be nice to be in their position! My parents are really against debt, we never had the latest gadgets, ate takeaways etc and i think i rebelled against that when i turned 18. A case of champagne taste lemonade pockets.

my heart goes out to the families of all the people who have commited suicide over debt

Hi all, not been around due to computer problems but it's pleasing to see that the thread has not come to a halt whilst I was away.

I am in desperate mode at the moment due to so many things going wrong and today it seems that my mortgage company have cocked it up again, yet it is me who is supposed to sort it out. I might post details of it on my other thread about repossession once I get my head straight and hopefully someone will be able to give me some helpful advice.

I even rang the Samaritans the other night - well 2am actually - because I felt so desperate. I'm sure they thought I was a fruitcake, but I even mentioned this site and this thread to the person I was talking to because I felt that it was one of the very few positive things to be in my life at the moment. I kept thinking about the woman whose death has 'inspired' this thread, and also about the other woman who killed not only herself but also her son because of debt and I thought of how I could not do that myself or my children.

We must keep fighting. At the moment I have little strength for myself, but any I can spare will come this way. We don't have any other voice, so must use this one wisely and ensure that it really does get heard and make a difference.

Also, I know of 19 and 20 years olds who haven't a clue that there is a recession going on. They live at home with mum and dad and spend most weekends clubbing and going to the trendy mall to max out their credit cards on designer gear. How we ever get it through their thick heads that they will still be paying for that designer handbag in 10 years I really don't know. I suppose like all people of that age they will only learn the hard way - through experience.quote]

I am glad to say that because Natwest are idiots and charged me excessively when i had just turned 18, i never had the opportunity to even get a credit card, i am nearly 20, clearing up a few arrears that started from the Natwest bank, and i happen to know about the recession, though it hasn't affected me, people around me have been heavily affected. John and Edward from X Factor are typical of not having a clue.

Mother in law gave me this the other day, bit slushy I know, but gives me strength and determination:-

DONT QUIT

When things go wrong as they sometimes will

When the road that you're trudging seems all uphill

When the funds are low and the debts are high

And you want to smile but you have to sigh

When care is pressing you down a bit

Rest if you must -but dont you quit

Life is queer with its and turns

As everyone of us sometimes learns

And many a failure turns about

When we might have won had we stuck it out

Dont give up, though the pace seems slow

You may succeed with another blow

Success is failure turned inside out

The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.

And you never can tell how close you are,

It may be near when it seems so far.

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit

-IT'S WHEN THINGS SEEM WORST

THAT YOU MUST NOT QUIT!

Mother in law gave me this the other day, bit slushy I know, but gives me strength and determination:-

DONT QUIT

When things go wrong as they sometimes will

When the road that you're trudging seems all uphill

When the funds are low and the debts are high

And you want to smile but you have to sigh

When care is pressing you down a bit

Rest if you must -but dont you quit

Life is queer with its and turns

As everyone of us sometimes learns

And many a failure turns about

When we might have won had we stuck it out

Dont give up, though the pace seems slow

You may succeed with another blow

Success is failure turned inside out

The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.

And you never can tell how close you are,

It may be near when it seems so far.

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit

-IT'S WHEN THINGS SEEM WORST

THAT YOU MUST NOT QUIT!

A bit slushy - definitely.

True - absolutely.

I was going to write whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger, but given the inspiration for this thread I thought it might be taken as insensitive though not in any way meant to be.

When I found CAG (June 30th, 2007) I was so desperate the thought had more than crossed my mind.

Two and a half years on the fight is by no means over and some days I really want to give up, but then one of those threat monkeys goes and does something I really can't ignore and I get all fired up again and the motivation is back.

For anyone just starting along this road, be aware that you might be lucky and have everything sorted really quickly or you might have to fight every step of the way. Whichever it turns out to be you are now in control and that makes it so much easier to carry on. And if the absolute worst happens, what does that mean? You will not lose your liberty or any of the things most important to you. However many phone calls or threatening letters I get today, I still have my family and my friends. Anything else is a bonus.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I am glad to say that because Natwest are idiots and charged me excessively when i had just turned 18, i never had the opportunity to even get a credit card, i am nearly 20, clearing up a few arrears that started from the Natwest bank, and i happen to know about the recession, though it hasn't affected me, people around me have been heavily affected. John and Edward from X Factor are typical of not having a clue.

You are probably one of the few who will learn from your mistakes. You are already aware of the problems that debt can cause, and whether this recession has affected you are not, you are now in a very good position to understand the effects of not looking after the pennies. Good on you - I hope that my children will learn from my situation and realise that however hard you work, it is always best to have a little money behind you for that rainy day.

I do agree with your comment about J&E. They are very typical of this generations need for instant fame and fortune without any idea of the responsibility that goes with it. I truly hope that if they do make it in this business that they can understand how hard they will need to work to stay at the top.

Hi everyone who has just joined this thread. I know that if enough people fight back we can make things change.

If you have a bad day and want to scream your head off, please come here.

Mrs E, it was great that you mentioned CAG to Samaritans. I'm going to hit the triangle and suggest that the site team contact their head office and ask that contact details be given to anyone who phones them if they are suicidal over debt.

Nunnyrose, I just wept when I read that poem. I think I've said already said that I am going through a nightmare court case with someone who is lying through her teeth. Maybe it will change tomorrow, or in the next five weeks. Thank you for posting it.

DDxx

Cant survive without a loan, cant survive if you pay it back. Thats the reality. When things are at their worst ask yourself whose fault it is. The majority of people on this site are not spendthrifts or fools, they have been financialy exploited and forced into debt by simply trying to maintain a basic, civilised lifestyle. There is something seriously wrong somewhere. I do not support any political solution, but this thread is the most positive mindset I have discovered for a very long time. God bless you and Keep going!

• 2 weeks later...
No posts for a few days on this thread - we musn't let it go!

Indeed not Mrs E - one of my first thoughts on hearing the OFT result on Wednesday was to wonder if this news would push anyone who had been relying on a prompt resolution and refund of their money once the banks had lost, over the brink:(

As we well know, not everyone is fortunate to have access to CAG or know of its existence (we were all there once) and for some the belief that all was lost could be the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak..........particularly when you see the propaganda being pushed out by the banks via the media:mad:

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

As we well know, not everyone is fortunate to have access to CAG or know of its existence (we were all there once) and for some the belief that all was lost could be the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak..........particular ly when you see the propaganda being pushed out by the banks via the media

very true - I've seen posts on my facebook by people who believe it. We'll just have to keep spreading the word. I'm still coming across people who are scared to reclaim because they think its their fault for going overdrawn, not everyone is understanding the "unfair" part even now!