• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Incapacity Benefit: DWP appealing the tribunal's decision?

ee-bee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all. Well so far 2day my cwp has gone in the bank but no income support. Have phoned them up and they said if its internet banking it doesnt go in till after 3 o clock 2day.any one know if this is correct. Sharp man not in work 2day:-)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well i think at long last its all sorted. Had my appears paid back and conformation of being back on is. So to all those going through the appeal. Stick with it. Stay strong and dont give up. Its worth it in the end.x

• 9 months later...

hi my partner got taken off the sick in may 2010 and was unable to attend there medical as cannot travel on his own he HAS to be accompanied by me and/the children we were told it would go to tribunal which it did and within 2 weeks of signing the forms for a written appeal without attending the tribunal we had great news! he had won but our benefits were completely stopped and were without any finacial help for ourselves and weree having to use the childrens tax credits to help liv really. Me and my partner have both contacted the jobcentre and the bebenfits office and have been told different stories! the firsdt one was we would get a back payment of benefits owed from may 2010 to present day we called them again today to be told they have a copy of the tribunal letter and we wont geet a bean :O( my fianc also suffers phsychologicaly having daily tablets for vertigo anti depressants and also beta blockers so a bit of a mixture so dosages have to be perfect other wise , well. god knows what would happen if he was taking them incorrectly. does anyone out there know of any information that could help with this matter as we as we seem to be at a stand still :???:

Hi , was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice please. I failed my PCA on 08/02/I0, but won my appeal for IB on 17/09/10. I had been receiving income support based on incapacity, so IB was national insurance credits only During my appeal, i was told to claim JSA which i did. Here is my concern. After about 3 weeks of winning my appeal, I contacted IB, they sent an email to income support, because they were the ones who were paying my benefit.A lady contacted me from IS to tell me that i had signed off income support to go on to JSA, so should put in a new claim. However, I was told after winning my appeal i would not have to do anything, the benefits would just go back to what they were before i failed the medical. My welfare rights officer has advised me to hang fire, because these things time to sort out.It has been almost 6 weeks after the successful appeal, what should i do? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Chris

Edited by Chrisl973

Hello Joanne and Chris. The forum guru, Erika, doesn't seem to be around at the moment and this is probably to do with half term.

I think you might both get more advice on you own circumstances if you start separate threads. Could I suggest you contact the site team by clicking on the triangle at the bottom of your post and asking them to start a thread for you. If you have a title in mind, tell them, otherwise they will think of something.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I failed my PCA on 08/02/I0, but won my appeal for IB on 17/09/10. I had been receiving income support based on incapacity, so IB was national insurance credits only During my appeal, i was told to claim JSA which i did. Here is my concern. After about 3 weeks of winning my appeal, I contacted IB, they sent an email to income support, because they were the ones who were paying my benefit.A lady contacted me from IS to tell me that i had signed off income support to go on to JSA, so should put in a new claim. However, I was told after winning my appeal i would not have to do anything, the benefits would just go back to what they were before i failed the medical. My welfare rights officer has advised me to hang fire, because these things time to sort out.It has been almost 6 weeks after the successful appeal, what should i do? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Chris

I got a bit confused, but I think I've understood it now.

You were claiming I/B (credits only) & I/S. You failed the medical & appealed.

Then rather than getting I/S at a reduced rate during your appeal for some reason you signed on. (Why was your I/B disallowed? Were you found fit for work at a medical or was it another reason?)

You have now won your appeal & need to get all your claims back to how they were pre-disallowance.

Anyway, before I/S can sort out any arrears you need to close your JSA claim down. Then make sure the I/B section have notified I/S you have won your appeal. I/S can then work out what arrears you are due (if any) once the JSA you've already received has been knocked off it. You may have to reclaim I/S, but you really need to check that out with the I/S processing team.

Give them a call tomorrow & ask for call backs from all 3 sections, because whilst it's not that hard to sort out, it does require all 3 sections to talk to each other & that is sometimes easier said than done! Good luck.

Jabba and honeybee, thank you for replying. Jabba, i was found fit to work by a wonderful member of the ATOS team, you have probably heard the same story a million times, medical was totally different to the one i attended. I was advised to go on JSA, until my appeal was heard, so i did.It would've been a lot easier going on IS at a reduced rate, i realise that now.To be fair, the people at the job centre plus have been fair with me, they have not forced me into anything or rushed me. Anyway thank you for your advice,it is much appreciated

i`m gutted, i thought it was only me it had happened too,it seems its quite an unusual thing for dwp to do,when is your 4 week dead line?

I am sorry to hear about your situation it seems the more benefits you get the more the dwp give problems, I gave up persuing dla I failed twice before but this year they keep sending letter to see if I still want to appeal I rather not I am happy where I am I had my IB medical last month and passed first time couldn't believe it took a while for me to take it all in no fortnightly sign on or medical certificate needed ironic this break is giving me time to sort my illness out little by little but I am getting there.

I hope your problem will all sort out soon.

Take care

no one from the dwp attended my tribunal, and i didnt know who was on the panel/bench(or whatever you call it)till the day.quite honestly if i felt well enough i would start a petition about the atos medical and send that to downing street but i feel so down about the whole thing,i`v got no fight left in me,never mind soon be christmas,x

Don´t give up, I have been fighting the DWP for 4 years now and should hear anyday of the outcome. My case has reached Tribunal, but because of it´s urgency only the Judge will be making a decision and not an actual panel. Please read my thread Disability Living Allowance in Spain if you want to, it´s been a total nightmare and I have wanted to give up so many times, but I know I am in the right and have found the strength from somewhere and could not of carried on without the help of my brillian legal advisor. Good luck x

• 5 months later...

Received another submission from DWP who have had to get a lawyer to answer my representatives submission. Which is full of absolute rubbish. Submission in response is being prepared by my Mr David R Burrage, nearly 80 pages long where he has identified all the lies etc that the DWP have been putting in their submissions going back to 2007. My case will then go to tribunal again and then my papers will be sent to the Advocate General at the European Court of Justice and also to the Director of Public Prosecutions. There will also be media coverage.

Hello Chloe01,

thanks for replying so quickly. I am very interested in this, as I would also like to sue the DWP in the European Court, or any where for that matter. Their latest [problem] has been to withold publishing information with regard to Upper Tribunal Judge Mesher's request for a 'reference' from the ECJ with regard to the mobility component. They have put off publishing for 14 months, 1 month longer than their time limit (13 months) for lodging an appeal!! I have all Burridge's information from his website, and have just sent a letter to the Appeals Tribunal quoting all the relevant court cases. I have been paid back to (care component) 12/12/07 (the date they received my request for reinstatement) and my appeal is to back date to the time I left England, also I always request the mobility component to be reinstated. I wuld very much like to get in touch with Burridge, could you let him know? I can't contact him through his website, as you know. Could you ask him if it might be possible to do 'a class action suit' against them for all the people they have conned out of their benefit through the ECJ?

Best wishes and good luck. John.