What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The council have finally taken some notice....yippee.. but won't do anything before warning them of a visit a week on Friday!

I hope if the house is thinking of setting on fire it will give them the same advance warning. I lost twin baby cousins in a accidental electrical fire and it was rude enough not to warn of it's arrival and book a prior appointment.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes me want to swear today? *deep breath*

The weather, the fact it's too early, the weather, xmas in 23 days, no money, DLA tribunal tomorrow and I don't feel ready at ALL, now 18 yo son still needing dragging out of bed for college, headaches, banks (that's a permanent thing I concede) and did I mention the weather?

:mad:

Ah, the weather.

River at it's highest for three years, house in danger yet again.

I'm going to find some wood for a boat and Mrs Lex has started to collect some animals. :(

(Oh, did I mention the Banks ??)

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

'Effinell' LoL Spam !!

Thats what I thought when I drove out of the yard this morning !!

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm on me way Bookie my love !!! :)

&

Well, feeling a tad better after no sleep last night. Made a calendar for my parents with their old pics and ordered it not last week the week before. It took a week to scan all their old pics, then had to try to get consent off selfish twin over which pics she will 'allow' me to use in it (even though my parents own the pics, not her and have seen them all before, although a while ago :rolleyes:), then had to choose which pics to put in the calendar and what will fit. Phew. Anyhoo, my parents live in the States, have done for years and couldn't take their pics when they emigrated and scanning wasn't really heard of back then. After Mum having a stroke earlier this year thought it would be nice to give them some old memories back and would be a nice Xmas gift. Placed said order, requested and paid for Fed Ex signed delivery which it says on their website is trackable, was told order processed and dispatched. I put on envelope do not open until Xmas day so they will not know who it from or what it is until Xmas day. When dispatch details recieved, was given no tracking number. Yesterday sent an email asking for the tracking number. Got a reply back saying please be patient, order will be with you shortly. No Tracking no. I rang up and explained order going to U.S. not me, so how am I supposed to know they have got it without spoiling surprise, and reminded I paid extra for this special delivery service (£18 to be exact). Was given tracking number. Went on Fed Ex and another courier they said 'they might have used'. Neither company recognised the tracker number. Got back to the company who I ordered it from who said they would look into it. Have just been informed that their production team (who are apparently in France) has NO record of it, and an investigation is now taking place. They have requested my order be re-printed and sent (printing takes 5 days), and have refunded the delivery costs. This does not instill much confidence and I don't really care about refund, I care about the order being delivered in time!! :mad: This is a special gift and an awfull lot of time and care has gone into this and with what happened to my Mum they would really appreciate the memories. I know the copany I ordered it from don't care about this but I'm really mad. It's a good job I didn't just accept the original ignorant answer of 'be patient'.

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Hmm... bit bad of them! there are only 23 sleeps 'till santa comes!

Hope it all gets sorted soon! Keep us updated, and if things get any worse start a thread!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Taxi drivers exploiting their 2nd tariff.

Booked car for 7am, he turned up at 6.56 - I didn't look at the exact time, just assumed it was 7am, hopped in and didn't realise I was being charged time and a half for 75% of my journey.

£17 for a 5 mile journey, clear traffic and no lights to stop at.

Had I have realised before leaving the house, I'd have made sure I'd got in at 7.01.....!

irpurp

Did you get a receipt and his cab no? One made me pay an extra third for being out of area once (next street is out of area, I'm not) so I wrote to Taxi Licensing office at local council and they made him refund me.

irpurp

Did you get a receipt and his cab no? One made me pay an extra third for being out of area once (next street is out of area, I'm not) so I wrote to Taxi Licensing office at local council and they made him refund me.

Unfortunately not, I was in a rush to catch a train. I've just moved into the area so still trialling different routes into the office. This has been, by far, my most expensive journey into the office to date... £17.20 (he let me off with the pennies), plus £8.50 train, £3.00 bus... £28 for the total journey. My colleague who lives over 100 miles away pays the same for his train alone.. :lol:

Think I'll stick to the more tedious route from now on!

Unfortunately not, I was in a rush to catch a train. I've just moved into the area so still trialling different routes into the office. This has been, by far, my most expensive journey into the office to date... £17.20 (he let me off with the pennies), plus £8.50 train, £3.00 bus... £28 for the total journey. My colleague who lives over 100 miles away pays the same for his train alone.. :lol:

Think I'll stick to the more tedious route from now on!

To save money with train fairs, do a search for "split ticketing"

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I bet Bookie is making them work hard today. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Yeh, how did it go Bookie ??

(fingers crossed x)

&