style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We’ve not received a Moroncroft letter for a while, disappointed in one respect as they did cheer me up.

Another good letter of theirs is the: “Valid even if not read by you”.

I like this reply

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/249308-moorcroft-pre-court-division.html#post2796758

We’ve not received a Moroncroft letter for a while, disappointed in one respect as they did cheer me up.

Another good letter of theirs is the: “Valid even if not read by you”.

I like this reply

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/249308-moorcroft-pre-court-division.html#post2796758

I find lots of the letters from DCA's amusing!

i think the best ones are from marcus butterworth who is the pre litigation manager for crapquest who wants to assist you through the litigation process......

• 1 month later...

I believe only one DCA is allowed to make attempts to elicit payment?

If one has written ( perhaps days or weeks ago - and not said they were ceasing to chase) am I right in assuming they are the 'active' DCA? If another DCA then also writes does this mean 2 are chasing same debt?

When does definition of one DCA chasing actually cease? Does the first DCA need to write to you to say they are passing it back to client or closing it / passing it on?

thanks and hope somebody understands my ramblings!

I understand that it is in the 'are they just acting for' the OC or has it been sold or assigned.

It does appear to be random though, sometimes we get a notification, and other times just get letters from another DCA with no explanation, I expect there are rules and guidelines, but they never bother to follow them do they.

Hopefully someone with a definitive answer will be along soon.

It depends which DCA - some have different names for the various desks in their office.

For example - Lowell may also send stuff out As Red or Hamptons. CL Finance have Howard Cohen or LDS - it's all the same company really and they aim to confuse by not sticking to one.

It helps to name the companies concerned, so people can advise better. If they are totally different companies then something need to be done about the situation.

If a DCA ceases to deal with a debt they just pass it back to wherever they got it, or sell it to another DCA. They don't always tell you. In some cases you will get a DCA collecting on behalf of another. I've seen MacKensie Hall saying they are acting for Lowell and so on.

If you feel that two are chasing you then sent the account in dispute letter to the later one. It may turn out to be part of the same group and they'll just ignore that.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Probably lowlifes using different trading names to confuse the debtor, either way, they shouldn't be so if they are both chasing the same amount and are using different names, then you should make a complaint to the OFT/TS via Consumer Direct

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

or a phishing list

ignore the lot!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks one and all... I did think perhaps it was same company with one fo their many internal so-called DCAs doing this..

Have two situations which may or may not be two separate or two from same mothership company seeking my monies:

1. Fredricksons and now Equidebt for Co-op

2. forgottenwho and now Wescot for RBS

Apologies for lack of details but I am finding it hard to post on here (domestic issues!) so have to rush!

1. above has terminated agreement etc and cca and default issues

2. above and no cca and terminated issues and dodgy default issues etc

how old are these debts?

when did you last pay any of them.

pers i'd send nowt!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

am sending the above the above:

1. in dispute letter - harassment,additional complaint to ICO etc etc

2. cca request

3. sar request

Hold on - don't rush!

Start of with 'in dispute' letters. If they come back insisting THEN send CCA to the company doing the chasing. If you feel you need the full background, to be able to check on the debt itself, and any interest or charges added, you then SAR the original creditor - not the debt collection agency, as that's just a waste of money.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hi Hillards.

Thanks for that - I know what you mean with said advice but what with work and time and all I don't really ever get time to file my stuff not to mention coming on here or even writing letter. Always a rush rush rush. That's why I usually bombard at same time.. also saves dosh when I put 'in dispute' letter, cca and sar in same special delivery letter. I know it costs money but it's been very effective thus far and they keep passing the buck. This is the first time I've had (and now have two of them) companies sending requests for monies with other DCAs still leaving files open as far as I can tell. I'm ignoring them much more nowadays and the DCAs change. It's when they threaten doorstep visit is what usually initiates my full attention and I send all docs. off to them. That's something I do not chance ignoring.

Only one DCA thus far has stated they do not have to fulfil a SAR as they are not processor or something etc - I have found the DCAs do usually send stuff and have found out a. phone logs to neighbour to ask about my whereabouts and also b. details of debt 'bought' or not and how much.

I have found the SAR route strangely therapeutic... the ICO is much more useful in making complaints. Some DCAs have not replied and ICO has found in my favour (and that's really it as far as iCO goes but it's a confidence boost to be honest and a slap on the derriere to DCAs).

I have previously SAR'd the OC so I am I suppose suppose fishing to see what DCA may provide, if anything.

I always send new DCAs account in dispute letter, doorstep letter, cca letter (none provided thus far after 2 years of this) and more recently a SAR as well (when finances allow)

but thats WHY its been going on 2 yrs - you keep writing letters!

ignore them.

they've got you hook line and sinker...

doorstep visits...why you scared of 'em....

tey;ll up the anti till you respond & you do..everytime...

they'll keep pulling your string and putting mug awaits markers on their phishing lists everytime you do it.

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Many people mistakenly think when a debt has been charged-off that it's been cancelled by the creditor. This is not true. You are still responsible for paying off the debt.

Companies, including creditors and lenders, have profits and losses every year. They make money from profits and lose money from losses. When a creditor charges-off your account, it's declaring your debt as a loss for the company, reclaiming tax and selling the debt on to a DCA.

I think there is a good cause for you to offer them a "Full and Final" with the condition that the 'alleged residual balance' is not pursued by anyone. You will need to be specific in the wording of this clause.

Try offering anyone who chases the alleged debt 20p in the £ - they will have paid a lot less for it.

You could also ask that your credit reference reports be marked 'Fully Settled' as well.....

• 11 months later...

I've been awol from the site for some months as I was dealing with some serious family issues. In the meantime it seems I've arrived back to a very strange world - the enforcibility issues / regs / guidance et al regarding credit card agreements seems to have not only been thrown out of the window but the house has been blown up as well?!!

Have tried my best to search old threads to get a better picture but it seems it's all confused out there. Is there a sticky on the changes I have missed somewhere?

Questions:

What's going on obviously and how it happened - what next?

If an OC or DCA has sent me a CCA in the past which had a 'flaw' in the layout or prescribed terms etc which we all referred to in the past does this mean they can now just ignore that and make one up?

Am I up the creek with my CCA not supplied / unenforceable / defence?

If a SAR did not supply a reconstituted one can they then add later on ie in court?

Do they no longer need to supply an original then at all in court?

Does this mean DCAs can just ask for a CCA from OC in response to our request and give us a reconstituted one and hound us forever??

Is the six year statute barred changed at all (only 4 years to go! :sad::sad:)

Sorry for all the questions but I had quite a few instances of credit agreements being 'dodgy' and this worked well to fend off the wolves.........

I'm amazed.......... :!: