Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Marlin Academy graduates its first class of trainees

Marlin Financial Services (MFS) announced today that its training academy (The Marlin Academy) had its first group of trainees complete the new company induction program. The 10 course program included modules on company culture, mission, values, job skills and compliance.

The Marlin Academy was set up this past August with a dedicated training team to support the growth and development of the Marlin team. The Marlin Group of companies now employee 75 people across 3 businesses

“We are delighted with the value add that the Marlin Academy has brought to the group and look forward to adding new courses and broadening its reach across all staff” says Marlin Financial Services Chairman Martin A Dunphy

LOL

PF

LOL indeed, just spotted this fine piece of comedy on their website:-

Marlin Academy Vision Statement

• To be a market leader in recruiting and developing smart motivated people.
  • To develop employees to maximise potential and meet business objectives.
  • To supply guidance and solutions to the management team in line with employment law.

Marlin Academy Mission Statement

• Provide learning & development programmes to management & staff that are meaningful, hard-hitting, relevant and practical.
  • Use of different training styles – Visual, Audio and Kinaesthetic.
  • Keep the management team involved at each stage of the process
  • Listen to the management team, under promise, over deliver
  • Structure of recruitment and employment of smart, motivated people

Marlin Academy & People Resources Values & Beliefs

• Think positive thoughts.
  • Understand the needs of others / listen.
  • Speak up – don’t be afraid of telling others the truth!
  • Change in line with business needs.
  • Remain structured and organised in everything we do.
  • Outstanding employees are earned “through continuous improvement for the pursuit of excellence”.
  • Measuring individual and team performance promotes the achievement of company goals.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah thats what i meant, it was only statute barred by 1 week, but they wanted money before it was statute barred but we didn't acknowledge the debt"

Superb- thats what we like to hear, suzi! :)

The debt still exists, but the law says they can whistle from now till eternity if they want it back.

Had you paid anthing BEFORE the six years was up, different story- but afterwards you can pay them whatever you like but it will always be SB.

Thank God for C4 and F5 on my PC !!!!!!

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

I was told otherwise, oh well

I refer to The Limitation Act 1980 s29 paragraph 7

(6)A payment of a part of the rent or interest due at any time shall not extend the period for claiming the remainder then due, but any payment of interest shall be treated as a payment in respect of the principal debt.

(7)Subject to subsection (6) above, a current period of limitation may be repeatedly extended under this section by further acknowledgments or payments, but a right of action, once barred by this Act, shall not be revived by any subsequent acknowledgment or payment.

Further, the program misstated the law, in so far as a limitation period is not extended by contact, it is only extended by payment or by a written and signed acknowledgement of the debt. Spoken acknowledgement is not sufficient.

Edited by tomterm8

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Did anyone catch the bit at the beginning where they stated 'it was started in a front room in Wimbledon...' I wonder if there are any links to the HFO mob via Marlin, would be some interesting research - perhaps that Mark will be sent to India to train the monkeys there.

Seeing HFWhos name reminded me of that bit - how is it going mate?

We need to all bombard the bloody OFT !!

What an utter bunch of wilfully shameful unenforcers ( for want of a better word !!? ).

Yeh, we on CAG all know about the pond life that is the debt collection inducsrty ... and now many others are getting a glimpse of what these sheeit are too !

However, the bigger worry for many on here - myself included - is that I thought strongly that the OFT were just there waiting, eager to fight our corner aginst this legalised racketeers ? Not so ....

:confused:

Did anyone catch the bit at the beginning where they stated 'it was started in a front room in Wimbledon...' I wonder if there are any links to the HFO mob via Marlin, would be some interesting research - perhaps that Mark will be sent to India to train the monkeys there.

Seeing HFWhos name reminded me of that bit - how is it going mate?

lol I thought that straight away too, a rush of adrenalin went through me when Wimbledon was mentioned! I thought yes go on say HFO.

Marlin Financial Services (MFS) announced today that its training academy

Note the word today, was that coinsurance or did they know they where on tv today. ?

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

message to the MARLIN

WHAT CAN I SAY, POOR, WHERE YOU BULLY AT SCHOOL DID YOUR DAD TELL YOU OFF.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE ARE AWARE WILL SEE YOUR FACES WHEN WE HELP ,

TO ALL GUESTS THE MESSAGE SEEK PROFESSIONAL .HELP

WELL WE ARE HERE.

THE VERY BEST REGARDS LILLY

POOR MARLINS VERY POOR

I really didn't rate the programme - they gave out a lot of incorrect information - not least of which was the garbage about debtors not being allowed to see the assignment - which is just plain wrong.

They also didn't really speak to any real experts - where was Rosenburg or Say

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

One interesting comment I think I picked up:

If the DCAs are busy chasing £21 Billion of UK Consumer Debt...

...then why the Furk did the UK banks need £500 billion to bail them out?

After all, if it was us irresponsible Debtors who caused this Recession, by squandering our Credit Cards and Loans on Holidays, Alcopops, 4WDs, Shell Suits, Pizza, Trainers and Plasma TVs, then why did the banks need an extra £479 billion?

The thick plottens Dr Watson.

Cheers,

BRW

Mark my words, the solicitors who sell their names to these DCAs will be next to be targetted.

We now have 107 people on the thread who are Caggers and 42 guests! Hello to the guests, hope you gain some useful information here.

debtors not being allowed to see the assignment - which is just plain wrong. Quite right' date=' Lord Denning made that point in VAN LYNN DEVELOPMENTS LTD. v. PELIAS CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD. (formerly JASON CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD.) - [1969'] 1 Q.B. 607

They also didn't really speak to any real experts - where was Rosenburg or Say

nor did they speak to Steven Turner, David Berkley Qc, Daniel Rogers, William Ralston, Jeremy Gordon, Toby Riley smith to name but a few more

If the DCAs are busy chasing £21 Billion of UK Consumer Debt...

...then why the Furk did the UK banks need £500 billion to bail them out?

Cheers,

BRW

Bingo!!!!!! :-)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks