Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey suzi- you've nothing to feel bad about, honey.

I talk nonsense all the time, but the great thing about CAG is that there is always someone there to correct you, so everyone learns something.

CAG is about empowerment through knowledge.

The more nonsense we talk, the more we learn so the more we can pass on to others. You did great appearing on the show- well done. :-)

Hi Cybermoth you say

(Banks/credit cards lend you money (a BUSINESS RISK).

If your debt is unsecure, offer a Pro rate payment and suspend all interest or else wait until they sue you for the money, at that point there can be no more interest and the court should only make you pay what you can afford. (Unsecured Debt Only)

This is the only option as the banks and credit cards companies and debt collectors only see us as walking wallets, if I ran any other business like they do I would have folded years ago, for making so many bad risks. But then again, they give you a loan based on how much money they can make out of you not your ability to afford it.)

But what if they get the charge against your house and what if the judge orders you to pay the full amount,

Notty, have you got a thread for this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Wish we didn't do this now, we gave loads of info and for what, a 5 min cut

sorry i got the statute barred bit wrong, feel pretty bad right now :Cry:

Why are you feeling bad? You've done really well! :)

I know of another Cagger that only got a few seconds on Sky news (Joel something {Hils?}) and they were there much longer than that. I think the have restrictions beyond edit purposes, but wouldn't know.

£7601.83 for a car of that age! and they wanted it instantly...gits. No record of the loans being over 6 years....maybe...whoever sold it to them would have not been forthcoming. And was never your debt.

Wish we didn't do this now, we gave loads of info and for what, a 5 min cut

Please don't feel bad about anything you've done.

The whole Country is in an unprecedented mess morally and financially because the vast majority of people do nothing except for their own gain.

Tonight you and your husband were speaking up for the minority and you should feel proud.

(I bet you wouldn't draw your curtains, turn the tv up and pretend you saw nothing if somebody was mugged outside your house either).

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

It's not your fault, Suzi. I was critisising the program makers, not you. You can't be expected to know everything in the law - especially not in such an arcane area. What you said is what many people believe, but they are professionals and should have done the research to dot the i's.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

concrete proof that these people operate without any concept of legality or morality, no sense of right and wrong. Even the credit industry realise that the OFT are toothless and weak

maybe, and it is a maybe someone with a set of b*lls will see this as an election winner and will take the job on

A bit tough, the only party I know with the balls to do something would be the Lib Dems, (nothing to lose) as the rest all have some kind of best mates club going on. Just imagine 50 - 60 Billion pounds of unsecured debt in the UK wiped out over some law bill. Oh recession over. Now for some sensible lending

wish my hormones would go away :Cry:

i must say i did feel bad when i saw you crying, but you have helped so many others that were in a similar position as you

you should be proud of yourself

and the statute barred issue, you were badly advised, no?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Now is a good time to mention a very good tool in the fight against these DCA's.

Its called TRUE CALL and is available via this site.

The Consumer Forums - TrueCall digital telephone recorder - the Rolls Royce of call recorders

I strongly recommend recording all calls and logging all calls to these shysters.

PF

Spot on PF,

I tried plugging it on the C4 website last night but sadly they didnt post my comment.

Highly recommend True Call - its saved our sanity :)

Thats just the reality of it...alot of people will want harm to come to him now.

If you push the public too hard & show complete contempt for them like Mark did..then dont be suprised when the public finally snaps.

I agree that he was bang out of order. And yes I do work as a DCA (I am one of the scumbags), although its only B2B.

However, there are ways of doing things and if you want this forum to get more publicity and maybe end up on TV, allowing posters to condone threats on a person's life won't help.

I am sure Mark will get his comeuppance in other ways. I don't see him hitting his targets whilst he is listening to Billy Ocean all day!

But what if they get the charge against your house and what if the judge orders you to pay the full amount

Not sure, My situation is not like that, you would need to start a thread up where someone on here could help you

Hey all, the programme's now available on 4OD to watch online.

ftolad v. Lowell - Statute Barred letter - * WON *

ftolad v. Scotcall - CCA'd, no agreement - * WON *

ftolad v. Mac Hall:

Still ongoing, official complaints procedure requested - 14 days to comply before TS, OFT and FOS.

All thanks to advice from CAG. :)

14 guests :eek:

I better get my hair done for tonight :D

You look perfect, BB:D

Quite a few guests I see :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

But what if they get the charge against your house and what if the judge orders you to pay the full amount,

Notty this is mainly about me and my situation, All my debt is unsecure Please start a new thread, and more experienced forum user can give you help and advice

Oh welcome CitizenB hope you are feeling better.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Now is a good time to mention a very good tool in the fight against these DCA's.

Its called TRUE CALL and is available via this site.

The Consumer Forums - TrueCall digital telephone recorder - the Rolls Royce of call recorders

I strongly recommend recording all calls and logging all calls to these shysters.

PF

Was this on Dragons Den the other night???

• Haha 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks