Howard Cohen-Discussion thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yeah they know, Lewis were first on the scene told them and they were full of apologies then a week later HC "your account is being prepared for court" letter then Satrurday Lewis again with a 50% offer called them up and slaughtered them over the phone (I wouldnt normally phone anyone but its quite amusing to have the moral high ground and know theyve got nowhere to go with any argument!) told they would send it back to next, so I expect a H&C letter again with the inneptitude, might try a ouija board or table tapping and send her to haunt them!

Who should I complain to OFT/FOS both?

cheers

OFT.

FOS.

your local paper.

there local paper.

your local tv staion for the news.

there local news channel.

basically anyone else that you can think of to make a fuss about this.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone here know a postal address for HC that isn't a p.o. box?

Many thanks in advance, best to you all.

H.xx

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

H.xx

Hi

You can check this address for howard cohen, if not maybe another cagger has the address. I've always used the PO Box address and someone has signed at the other end.

The address i found is

Howard Cohen & Co. Solicitors, 29 Park Square, Leeds, West Yorkshire

Gaz

Thank you, Gaz :) I wish Royal Mail was as forthcoming with info as you are....

My next question is, is it worth CCAing HC on a debt? It sounds like they take everyone to court, and my partner's health isn't up to court.

Many thanks, your help is really appreciated, best regards to all,

take care, H.xx

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

My next question is, is it worth CCAing HC on a debt? It sounds like they take everyone to court, and my partner's health isn't up to court.

take care, H.xx

Hi

Well Howard Cohen do take people to Court, but weather they turn up is another question. It does sound dawnting the word Court, but it's not as frightning as it sounds.

You can take a look at my thread if you like, it may help you out and how Howard Cohen works.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/162249-mbna-cca-agreement-help-32.html

Gaz

H.xx

ALL Lewis Group offices are based at:

Lawrence House

Riverside Drive,

Cleckheaton,

BD19 4DH

tel:01274 852000

The address i found is

Howard Cohen & Co. Solicitors, 29 Park Square, Leeds, West Yorkshire

Sorry Gaz, that's the real solicitors office, not the office dealing with debt recovery, as above.

Here a thought: Lewis/CL Finance/H Cohen use a variety of PO Box addresses, all in Cleckheaton. Many of them are no longer listed with the Royal Mail, which could mean they may have had them all active at one time, but stopped paying. RM are too busy to mess about sorting letters that are addressed to defunct boxes and probably deliver them all regardless.

Edited by hillards
(missed 'real' phone number out)

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

take care, H.xx

Hi, lewis, cohen, CL are all the same thing, part of Cattles, from hull who are slowly going bust, there litigation dept is a shambles to say the least, i am one of the many who have won against them, do a search on my username

Regards

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

If you have already received a letter from Cohen, or receive one saying they have got a judgement and you need to pay them then you must report them to the SRA first.

We need to ensure that any legitimate complaints are raised and brought to the SRA's attention whilst this matter is being handled by the LSO.

Regards.

ps Happy New Year CCM, good to see you around.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

I'll have a look at Mightyacorn's thread.... do feel I have to CCA Cohen, as they faked a CCJ on my partner's Kwik-Fit debt some couple of years ago... they have given him a hard time, we might as well kick back...

Many thanks again & hope everyone is having an excellent weekend.

H.xx

PS If Cohen does take you to court, is it arranged so that it's a court local to the debtor? Although heartened to see that if my partner isn't well enough to attend he can send a doctor's note - this is the main reason I worry about court, both of us are chronically ill, I can't drive and my partner can't drive far. Thanks again for any questions being answered.

Edited by Hwyl56

I'll have a look at Mightyacorn's thread.... do feel I have to CCA Cohen, as they faked a CCJ on my partner's Kwik-Fit debt some couple of years ago... they have given him a hard time, we might as well kick back...

Many thanks again & hope everyone is having an excellent weekend.

H.xx

PS If Cohen does take you to court, is it arranged so that it's a court local to the debtor? Although heartened to see that if my partner isn't well enough to attend he can send a doctor's note - this is the main reason I worry about court, both of us are chronically ill, I can't drive and my partner can't drive far. Thanks again for any questions being answered.

Your Credit File should indicate whether or not you have a CCJ from Cohen's. It might be handy if you could find their original letter from Cohens as this would prove they've been doing it for years.

If you defend your case at Court it will be allocated to your local Court. If you do not defend, but just wish to attend they will use the Court where POC were made.

Thanks, Mighty.... don't have 2007 fake CCJ letter from Cohen, if I kept all creditors' *@#! paperwork we'd be drowning in it....

Take care, all.

H.xx

Thanks, Mighty.... don't have 2007 fake CCJ letter from Cohen, if I kept all creditors' *@#! paperwork we'd be drowning in it....

Take care, all.

H.xx

Try an SAR on Cohen's, they might, just might, send you a copy of the CCJ letter. You never know !!!

That is something you really should be doing.

By some cheapo files, set one up for each creditor, keep everything they send you, (including the envelope it came in) and keep a copy of everything you send them.

Bit of a pain but creditors and DCA's lie, cheat, threaten and don't abide by the rules or the timescales in which things must be done.

Do that and for sure you will catch them out and if you have multiple creditors, it could well save your backside at some point.

David

seconded cashins

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Agree,keep all docs/letters , i kept my default notice from the original creditor, cohens issued a court claim against me and forged a DN which was totally different to the original , didnt they get a shock when i produced the original, they then admitted to reconstructing the DN even though they had submitted it initially in a sworn statement to the court as a copy of the one the creditor had sent me when they knew full well they had just knocked it up on themselfs ,its an ongoing case,which will be interesting when battled out in court, if thay have lied in a sworn statement about the dn being genuine what else will they lie about?

They are now urging me to settle the alledged balance with them out of court as they are now going to use the manchester test cases to continue with their case against me,they are trying to tempt me to pay them by claiming it will save me having to pay more court costs etc.

Wonder if cohens will now do a blue peter reconstruction job and recreate a cca as well as the DN on creditor headed notepaper too, as ge money have already admitted they dont have the original.

DB

Edited by dizzyblonde1966

Hwy156 - proof of the pudding, talk about hot of the press!!!

Extract from the thread below:

It's worth noting that the judge trusted my word principally because of my record keeping and responses to other letters that they had sent (submitted as part of the trial bundle). The clear evidence was that I wasn't ignoring what they were sending at all and, 'on the balance of probablities', that they were full of sh1t.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/244025-delfi101-et-al-weightmans.html

David

i too have h cohen problem,the are trying to get charging order on a payment which i have regularly paid and have managed to get an interim charging order at the moment. i have asked them during this period for cca which has fallen on deaf ears, can i still get this cca after interim charging order and also have asked for the hearing in my local court..i had capquest pull this same stunt and they have got charging order. the judge was a real pain..regards

i too have h cohen problem,the are trying to get charging order on a payment which i have regularly paid and have managed to get an interim charging order at the moment. i have asked them during this period for cca which has fallen on deaf ears, can i still get this cca after interim charging order and also have asked for the hearing in my local court..i had capquest pull this same stunt and they have got charging order. the judge was a real pain..regards

Would suggest you start your own thread, otherwise any advice would be lost.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi All

Cohens have issued a claim against me, they have not responded to any of the letters I have sent them, now we are du in court next month and no court bundle from them either.

seems they put these claims in to put the frightners on the un weary

Standard practise for them, get them reported follow my link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/251876-howard-cohen-complaint-sra-4.html#post2838807

• 2 weeks later...

don't know if anyone has heard of Coward doing this before- might be a new ploy to watch out for...

I recently had a directions hearing after HC had finally disclosed documents. As well as a "reconstructed" DN (which a few others have received lately) HC had also supplied a Notice Of Assignment.

At the hearing the judge asked what the issues with it were. I replied by saying I'd never seen it before and that any NoA should have been sent by recorded delivery. The judge seemed to agree while HC's rep was scribbling this all down.

Just over a week later I was awoken one Saturday morning by the postman who had a letter from Cowards that needed signing for. I was surprised to find that it wasn't a notice of discontinuence but the NoA that I said I'd never received :eek: