Howard Cohen-Discussion thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm a newbie - fascinating to find references to Howard Cohen. They took me to court for three sums owed to HSBC and the court awarded them £4 per month each, which means that global warming will wipe out the debt. However, I've repeatedly asked them to send me forms so that I can pay by direct debit, and I don't get an answer. As I'm seriously ill and can't handle admin. easily, direct debit would be ideal for me.

Question: if they go back to the court, will my letters asking for the direct debit facility stand in my favour? They're indicative of willingness to pay.

Thanks very much.

i would suggest you pay by standing order and not Direct Debit

you must have their account on your paying in slips so you can do this with your bank

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they sometimes give the option to pay by internet or telephone banking, these are the details to use for a standing order. you can use them to set it up in branch over the phone or online. once set up there is no risk of you forgetting and proof that you have been paying.

I have just had an interesting conversation about Howard Cohen & Co. with the SRA's professional ethics department, who have encouraged me to make a complaint about Howard Cohen & Co.

I will not, for obvious reasons, go into detail just yet, but it involves Lewis, letterheads and lies...

Incidentally, here is a picture (on their website), of Cohen and his partner Cramer:

hdr-kep.jpg

The image is posted only because it is interesting to be able to put a face to a name. Any derogatory remarks, no matter how amusing, will be moderated.

:lol: love it.

Speaking of Cohens...I have a complaint regarding them and Lewis. Sent an e-mail to Cohens and got a response in the post from Lewis (apparently).

I then received e-mail responses from a person at Cohens, answering an e-mail I sent Lewis....then got an e-mail reply from Lewis answering different questions from the SAME person!

When I tried to complain they tried to just close the a/c and make me go away. What is going on over there?!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

I'm a newbie - fascinating to find references to Howard Cohen. They took me to court for three sums owed to HSBC and the court awarded them £4 per month each, which means that global warming will wipe out the debt. However, I've repeatedly asked them to send me forms so that I can pay by direct debit, and I don't get an answer. As I'm seriously ill and can't handle admin. easily, direct debit would be ideal for me.

Question: if they go back to the court, will my letters asking for the direct debit facility stand in my favour? They're indicative of willingness to pay.

Thanks very much.

Lets put it this way if you miss payments ordered by the court they can go back into court & request either a charging order followed by repossession OR seize your goods

Now who benefits most if you miss payments of £4 a month .......answer them by taking everything you own

Forget what the court might or might not think the duty to pay is on you so don't miss any payments & as advised pay by standing order & NOT DD.....and do it asap

Lets put it this way if you miss payments ordered by the court they can go back into court & request either a charging order followed by repossession OR seize your goods

Now who benefits most if you miss payments of £4 a month .......answer them by taking everything you own

Forget what the court might or might not think the duty to pay is on you so don't miss any payments & as advised pay by standing order & NOT DD.....and do it asap

good idea to make sure your S O is paid about 2 weeks in advance of when the payments are actually due just to make sure any delays due to computer glitches at the bank ect dont give them any excuses

My husband has problem with Howard Cohen. Had been paying off debt to CL Finance approx £500. Financial situation was very difficult as had to resign from previous job as making him ill, suufered anxiety,stress & depression and thought of going back exasperated condition. Managed to later work through agency but work dried up because of economic climate. he stopped nominal payment of £5 per month around December as things were so difficult. Then without letter from Howard Cohen got fast track summons. February Have been trying to get CCA agreement, statements and assignment of debt. Howard Cohen said thaey didnt have to supply. Went to GE money and now managed to get agreement and some of statements from GE Money but not assignment of debt. Court case on 21 /9/ 09. I have paid £ 5 for each month missed to bring payments up to date but cannot afford the 400 odd in one go. We really need help what to do next. Particularly need someone to give a view on agreement as looks odd.

Help!

Consider this if you contact the court about an alleged CCJ they will ask you for a 'claim' no & if there isn't one they won't check because they can't, they need a number. This may explain why some of these alleged CCJ's issued in error:rolleyes: do not display a claim number;)

Consider this if you contact the court about an alleged CCJ they will ask you for a 'claim' no & if there isn't one they won't check because they can't, they need a number. This may explain why some of these alleged CCJ's issued in error:rolleyes: do not display a claim number:wink:

Some months ago I managed to get Northampton to check for a POC being issued against 2 previous addresses.

I explained I had reason to believe the company concerned might deliberately file aginst a previous, which would be a waste o everybodies (including theirs) time.

They can do it, just don't want to.

David

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Also,

The following was a post by Cerberusalert on my first thread (post #16)

Courtesy of Cerberusalert:

One thing's for certain, Howard Cohen & Co won't be able to use the British Gas defence :wink:Customer set to sue British Gas - Which? News

Quote:

IT error

Lord Justice Jacob also had little time for British Gas’s claim that the letters were sent out as a result of an IT error and that Ms Ferguson should not have treated the letters as seriously as if they had come from a person.

‘In Ms Ferguson's words they should “not simply blame information technology. They should instead start taking responsibility for the running of their company in a competent, honest and ethical manner,"' he said.

‘Real people are responsible for programming and entering material into the computer.

‘Moreover, the threats and demands were to be read by a real person, not by a computer. A real person is likely to suffer real anxiety and distress if threatened in the way which Ms Ferguson was.’

-

-

-

-

-

Howard Cohen is a person - he is the senior partner of Cohen Cramer Solicitors. Howard Cohen Solicitors is a trading name of Cohen Cramer Solicitiors. Howard Cohen Solicitors operation is run from Lewis DCA offices; the phone numbers and email addresses on HC letters all belong to Lewis.

They should comply with the OFT Guidance, but as solicitors they come under the group licence issued to the Law Society, making it harder to do anything about their breaches.

• 1 month later...

I am no legal minded person but while having a little dig around I found this and wondered if this could be used against Howard Cohen in view of their continued insistance in taking on cases totally without merit.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/procrules_fin/contents/practice_directions/pd_part03c.htm

Just in case the link does not work it is about civil restraint orders.

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper