What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My complaint to the council paid off.....

I'm not flavour of the month considering that 3 neighbouring houses (not my neighbours) have had to take apart their illegal attic conversions that are used as bedrooms.

I don't give a hoot what they think. It's not my fault that they were stupid enough to think that people would be safe sleeping in there.

Well done. .. :)

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

My son came home from college and got 41/42 for an assessment, not bad for someone who has been off most of the last 2 months with his skin, hospital admissions and swine flu :D

He also said he bought his sister's Christmas pressie, and its a locket to which he wants to put a picture of their late Grandad in it, so that made me smile and cry as well :)

Finding out that Leeds Mercantile Court are relisting bank charges cases that had been stayed.:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2629966.html

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

They don't bother with me much anymore, I think they've all given up :(

I know I look like I've been on you tube all day, I haven't, but wouldn't you love to do this to one

That's my last link for today lol.

:lol: love it!

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

My 'second mum' is stable at the mo but still in critical care. The second op seems to be working so far, but they have to keep an eye on her for septecimia, as when the parts of her bowel died the contents spilled out. They removed what they could during surgery but now it's up to her body. She is on a ventilator to aid her weak lungs and dialysis to help her kidneys as obviosuly they are struggeling with what they have to filter out. She is stable though, and is looking better than she has since she was rushed in so that's very good.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

She has gone back into surgery again. She's just a born trouble maker really :rolleyes:. Her bloods are still good though and dialysis seems to be working. She's totally sedated and the have her on a ventilator so at least she is getting all the help they can and she's not in pain. They may have to leave her open this time. It's not great news, but she is doing well considering what she's been through. Very well. May have to make her a super woman T shirt when she gets out. Thanks for your thoughts Spammy.

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

Good luck Mungypup. At least she seems to be getting the treatment - not sure it would be that fast on our NHS!

Ah, see it's what I call my adopted Mum that's in. Vey confusing I know! My parents are in the states and it was my real Mum who had a stroke end of May, although it was months before I could actually get over to her. Anyway, this is my 'second mum'. Me and her daughter have been best friends since we were 4, so they are like family to me, and we all consider each other as such. This has all been done on the NHS but the NHS is actually to blame for it in the first place (in our opinion). This has all happened because they refused to take her gall bladder out even though she was having problems. They did not consider it bad enough yet. Then her (still on 2nd Mum) pancreas failed (Exactly a week before my real Mum had the stroke, we joked they were in competition, you have to try to make light of things). Her pancreas was infected due to complications from her gall bladder and half of the tissue died and so on. The gall bladder has now been removed but this is the next f**k up that's as a result of them ignoring her, and we have been told it does stem from the gall bladder and pancreas complications. Very frustrating, but I hope that when this is over it will be the last complication. We are hoping anyway. Was speaking to my friend/sis today and we have agreed that her mum is now waaaay in the lead. She's just too competetive.

Sorry if I've confused people, it does get easy to get it mixed up, I forget that people don't automaticly know who I'm speaking about what the hell I'm banging on about. Drives OH mad!

Mungy Pup

Right, its all clear now!

Know what you mean about making light of things! My parents are divorced and a few years ago, on the same day my dad signed himself out of hospital after being diagnosed with lung cancer, my mum was admitted with a stroke. So, they managed to avoid each other even when both at death's door!

Wasn't easy but it did give us something to smile about afterwards. Mum did recover but has some short term memory problems that can cause chaos if people that don't know leave phone messages with her.

anyway, good luck with both mum's!

Jan

Thanks chuck :)

Glad your Mum is ok. I think you have to smile about things. Sometimes it's the only way to get through stuff. We still laugh at the phone call when my Dad called to tell me what had happened. She had the stroke on his 60th birthday (have said to her since she may have confused his birthday list :eek:), so when he phoned I thought it was to say thanks for card etc. After the initial shock of the news he ran through the exact events, "had a call at work...rushed home..walked through the door and as soon as she opened her mouth I knew exactly what had happened".

My response? - "Why Dad, what was in there?" my stupidity shocks even me sometimes. Made him laugh though and he had trouble re-wording it. I make people laugh in bad situations even when not intended. :-)

Mungy Pup

Had my cast off and the swelling's gone down enough to keep it off as long as I promised the hospital staff I'd rest it :D All wobbly, unbalanced and paifull now though. Spent the afternoon sleeping it all off and almost fell down the stairs lol... :D

The breuising is still horrific though :|

Had my cast off and the swelling's gone down enough to keep it off as long as I promised the hospital staff I'd rest it :D All wobbly, unbalanced and paifull now though. Spent the afternoon sleeping it all off and almost fell down the stairs lol... :D

The breuising is still horrific though :|

Why were you sleeping on the stairs????:confused::grin:

I make people laugh in bad situations even when not intended. :-)

Well, that is a good thing!

Thought it was only my family that was mad! I remember when my mum fell downstairs and broke her neck - my stepdad rang me at work and calmly said "nothing to worry about but your mum's fallen downstairs and broken her neck" Right, OK! She survived that as well.

Then after my brother died and we were all in shock I said "he'd be really pi**ed off about the dentist bill" cos he'd just spent £700 getting his teeth sorted after years of putting it off. He would have been though, he hated paying that dentist!

Babybear - I think you must be as accident prone as my mother!

Jan