There is a god, 1st Credit gets a SERIOUS slap from OFT - Re Stat Demands etc

Curlyben
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My reaction to the twit on the phone who said they would bankrupt me and I would be out of work was funny, I did point out that if I was bankrupt and unable to find employment how did they expect to get funds from me should they be deemed owing... the twit put the phone down at that point.

I also had one who was going to 'fast track me to a bailiff' to which I replied 'Not without a court order you can't.' They told me 'there were ways they could do this... and I asked if I could record the call from that point onwards - to be greeted by silence and a dead line.

Hopefully now the OFT are beginning to realise what we have been dealt with over the last couple of years by these people and make them 'toe the line'.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully now the OFT are beginning to realise what we have been dealt with over the last couple of years by these people and make them 'toe the line'.

To be honest, until they were given more powers under the 06 cca then I don't think that there was that much they could do then.

Further to Richard Spud's useful post above, other public information worth checking is:

ICO - has the DCA registered all trading names for data protection?

Companies House - has the DCA complied with the Companies Act 2006? Limited companies have to show their registered number, place of registration and registered office (which cannot be a PO Box) address on all stationery and websites.

OFT - do the registered office details match those provided to Companies House? A remarkable number don't.

Note that any CSA member company in breach of the Companies Act 2006 is also in breach of the CSA Code of Practice (which requires them to operate lawfully), and thus automatically trading unfairly as defined by CPUTR - failing to comply with a code of conduct to which a trader has subscribed.

I have spoken to the CSA about this, mentioning several companies, and received an expectedly wooly response. Then again, I don't take the CSA seriously. However, it seems to me that if such facts are reported to them, and they fail to act, then they damage what little credibility they have even more, and add weight to any further complaint made to OFT or the Registrar of Companies.

How many £50,000 fines will make them tow the line :confused:

OK..........Give up, "How many £50,000 fines.............":D:D

As importantly, how will the OFT rquirements hit their income. The OFT have been pretty explicit in their requirements, so it's hard to see even them backsliding on this one.

1st seem to have built their business on threats of court action, (even more than the average DCA) and dishing out SD's almost in the first instance. I think they are going to suffer a big drop in income, certainly in the short term anyway.

That should take the smirk off their faces!!!

David

Bridgepoint wanted to sell them last year, but didn't get a good enough offer.

here

Meanwhile 1st Credit's site is down (again) and neither the CSA or DSBG have reported the news on their web site. Yet.:cool:

Perhaps we'll all be dazzled by their explanation tomorrow.:rolleyes:

It's a tricky thing to 'turn around' and give a positive spin to. No doubt they'll try, but I'd say they're being rumbled at last.

Remember the CSA's 'Debt Manifesto' last year. What tosh.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

How many £50,000 fines will make them tow the line :confused:

Hi babybear39

50k is like a grain of salt in an ocean, their profit margins are huge! as you would expect when they pay only a few pence in the pound for debts.

Now make the fine 500k and they may sit up and listen.

I wonder if Cabot maybe the next DCA to receive some guide lines from the OFT? live in hope.

How to deal with harassing phone calls by debtors CSA Website

Well there's a turnaround:rolleyes:

I blame fuzzybobble :-)

I hope they've been paying attention, as I'll be testing them soon. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Hi babybear39

50k is like a grain of salt in an ocean, their profit margins are huge! as you would expect when they pay only a few pence in the pound for debts.

Now make the fine 500k and they may sit up and listen.

I wonder if Cabot maybe the next DCA to receive some guide lines from the OFT? live in hope.

I have a funny feeling the spotlight is shining over West Yorkshire.;)

Just a thought on this.

In their directive to 1st Credit on the back page they list 9 reasons or situations why ist credit shouldn't issue a SD and a couple stand out

C/ A valid dispute remains unresolved

E/ Where CAB or another other advice organisations are involved....

I am sure most of these could be refered to with other DCAs that are attempting to issue a SD with a threat to report them to OFT should they not withdraw immediately as this is in breech of OFT guidlines....

I know its not........ but if they can quote Rankine!!

Live Life-Debt Free

Just a thought on this.

In their directive to 1st Credit on the back page they list 9 reasons or situations why ist credit shouldn't issue a SD and a couple stand out

C/ A valid dispute remains unresolved

E/ Where CAB or another other advice organisations are involved....

Re CAB, after a shaky start it works for me so far.

I am sure most of these could be refered to with other DCAs that are attempting to issue a SD with a threat to report them to OFT should they not withdraw immediately as this is in breech of OFT guidlines....

I think this would be done automatically / unofficially if you know what I mean, certainly should be.

I know its not........ but if they can quote Rankine!! What a mistake this was, hope it gets sorted one day, its all I get from the CAB.[/quote]

Happy days.

Just got back from hols and found this out today.

Fantastic news and I am so glad I wrote to my MP.

Also a big thankyou to the Sunday Times as they must have had an input.

Please write to your MP if you get a SD or any bother of 1st Credit.

This way we are one step closer to getting there credit license revoked!!!

HAK

Just a thought on this.

I know its not........ but if they can quote Rankine!! What a mistake this was, hope it gets sorted one day, its all I get from the CAB.[/quote]

Happy days.

The Rankine matter could be a thing of the past before too long.

I can say no more, but you'll know when it happens. ;)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Could u give us a clue Please?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

The Rankine matter could be a thing of the past before too long.

I can say no more, but you'll know when it happens. ;)

Oh yes - that is news I will be happy to hear.

Let us all bless the Rankines for their contribution to our crusade:eek:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

:D I wonder if they are still living the high life?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

They were on the last programme i saw. They had a penthouse apartment and working whilest running there PAY TO USE website.

Oh well maybe they should not have attempted to be greedy.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi all

I hope yo do not object writing to this thread. I am desparate and need help!!!

I do have a lot of problems dealing with 1st credit ltd and connaught. How do you deal with these guys??

You seem to know a lot about them.

Connaught seem to be heavy handed even though I have communicated with 1st Credit that I do not owe them any money. Even if you request cca to them and they default under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, they still keep on coming with legal threats.

Any ideas please.

Thank you

Tam