1st Credit and HSBC Debt not mine.. Stat Demand.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure either, Cabot report on mine even though they have admitted there is no CCA and say they will continue to do so until Goldfish agree to take it back, the only saving grace is that (andI hope i'm not tempting fate here) there is no default recorded.

1st Cretins have a default showing on mine, again despite no CCA and my winning a set aside against their SD with costs, however they haven't updated my file since October.

PS: Not sure if that is your DOB showing on that photo, might they be able to recognise its yours from that?

Report them to the OFT, they are investigating them at the moment and hopefully this will put an end to their games.

I still firrmly believe ONLY THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR THEMSELVES should be able to put a default on your file, no third party should be allowed to do this - that would put a stop to these DCAs 'trashing our credit record' when we challenge their accusations.

But does a DCA have to own a debt to report on it?

Report them to the OFT, they are investigating them at the moment and hopefully this will put an end to their games.

I still firrmly believe ONLY THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR THEMSELVES should be able to put a default on your file, no third party should be allowed to do this - that would put a stop to these DCAs 'trashing our credit record' when we challenge their accusations.

I would have thought that the account would have had to be "assisgned" to the DCA properly for them to do anything other than collect on the account.

OD, do as sillygirl has suggested and report them to the OFT. If you click on the highlighted link for 1st credit then it should bring up the report where they have already had their wrists slapped and been threatened themselves with a fine. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 months later...

Just to remind people to watch ch 4, 8pm tonight. One of our Caggers is featured apparently.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/208743-channel-4-dispatches-air.html

Edited by overdone

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

I have just fired off an email to the OFT about 1st Cretins and their registering a default on my credit file when they cannot prove I owe anything due to the lack of a CCA.

Nothing venture, nothing gained I say!

What happened? I have several accounts where they cannot produce any paperwork at all. Just: Please ring us and be seduced by our sweet talking, because we dare not put into writing the fact that we don't have any proof of anything and need to rely on your benevolence in order to keep the wolf from the door. If too many people like you write requesting legal requirements we will be out of business and like yourself unable to pay bills and then be at the mercy of people as ruthless as we really are, and you wouldn't wish that upon your worst enemy, considering the kindness we have bestowed upon you in our letters and our generouse allowance of phone calls.

Edited by overdone
mistake

What happened? I have several accounts where they cannot produce any paperwork at all. Just: Please ring us and be seduced by our sweet talking, because we dare not put into writing the fact that we don't have any proof of anything and need to rely on your benevolence in order to keep the wolf from the door. If too many people like you write requesting legal requirements we will be out of business and like yourself unable to pay bills and then be at the mercy of people as ruthless as we really are, and you wouldn't wish that upon your worst enemy, considering the kindness we have bestowed upon you in our letters and our generouse allowance of phone calls.

:D:lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Well, I still think I should be given first refusal to pay10 per cent for my debts.

TV duo's Credit Card Killer debt-buying offer

Basil and Amanda Rankine, who starred in a Panorama documentary, claim to be able to cancel clients' credit agreements by 'buying' their debts.

pixel.gif

But can it work and why has the OFT branded 'debt sale' a [problem]? A couple spotlighted by TV's Panorama for trying to escape massive debts have set up a business claiming to be able to cancel clients' credit agreements by 'buying' their debt off them.

Credit Card Killer - set up by Basil and Amanda Rankine, which has been trading in its current form since early this year, says it buys credit agreements – including personal loans, credit cards and car loans – and legally challenges them.

But the parent company of Credit Card Killer, Momentum Network, has just been stripped of its authorisation to deal in the debt industry today by the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), the debt industry's main regulator.

The MOJ declined to comment on the company but said suspended firms are not allowed to advertise, offer debt advice, or handle debt claims.

The move follows a recent warning by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) about debt sale companies, which it branded a '[problem]'.

Due to copyright we are not allowed to reproduce the full content of news reports without permission. I have therefore removed the bulk of the story, leaving a link to the full report. Thank you for understanding

Edited by citizenB
add info / added link , removed text

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing from 1st Credit since January. 10 Months ago and now this.

Dear Overdone,

re Your agreement with HBOS

Please find attached your latest annual statement detailing all financial transactions from 01/10/2008 - 30/09/2009.

Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us on xxx xxx xxx The details enclosed within this letter are for your information and we would encourage you to take the time to read through them.

If you are not currently paying your account we would like to take this opportunity to let you know about the convenient payment options available to you, these can be found overleaf. If you would like to know more about these options please call us today to find out more. (Wow,

LUCKY ME)

If you are experiencing financial difficulties and would like to explore your options we are more than happy to discuss these with you.

Yours sincerely

On behalf of first credit ltd.

(Does this mean I'm on their Christmas Card List too?)

Edited by overdone
add info

I got an identical one today for my account and i've not heard from them since I got the statutory demand set aside last year...looks like they've been sending them out in bulk...I was quite amused because at the top it has "date of agreement" now if they know the date the agreement was allegedly signed...why is it beyond their capabilities to actually provide a copy! I think I shall file mine under C for Cretins and ignore it!

Report them to TS and the OFT for trying to collect on accounts in dispute re: non comp of CCA request!

Well, TS have already jumped onto 1st cred and Connaughts twice, in my case, it does not seem to stop them. They are truly a law unto themselves. I think if they go for me again, I have the TS complaint reference, so it will be easy to follow up. It falls off my credit file next year so i do not have much to fear.

Edited by overdone
add info

These annual statements are a requirement in law since 2008. Just file them. :)

In fact it would be more useful to you if they DIDNT send the bliddy things !!

BCOBS

These people must be reported each and every time they step out of line for the slightest infingement. Eventually the Regulatory Bodies will get some balls and punish them the only way that hurts. IN THE WALLET. When they see huge fines denting their profits then they might realise that the law applies to them as it does to everyone else. They need to learn that the days when they could ride roughshod over peoples rights is a thing of the past. We all know that CAG is hurting them.

These annual statements are a requirement in law since 2008. Just file them. :)

In fact it would be more useful to you if they DIDNT send the bliddy things !!

Hello citizenB,

I received one of these statements from 1st Credit last Thursday ........ in a letter to me last year dated 20th August 2008 in response to a complaint I made 1st Credit wrote "The new regulations for providing annual statements does not come into effect until 1st October 2008. For pre-existing agreements, the first statement is required to be given within one year from that date".

I received my first statement on 22nd October 2009 and it is dated 19th October 2009 ........ only 19 days after the year was up BUT it is not within one year from the 1st October 2008.

Yet again they say one thing and do another.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Hello citizenB,

I received one of these statements from 1st Credit last Thursday ........ in a letter to me last year dated 20th August 2008 in response to a complaint I made 1st Credit wrote "The new regulations for providing annual statements does not come into effect until 1st October 2008. For pre-existing agreements, the first statement is required to be given within one year from that date".

I received my first statement on 22nd October 2009 and it is dated 19th October 2009 ........ only 19 days after the year was up BUT it is not within one year from the 1st October 2008.

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Allegedly they don't have any staff that can read a calendar ;):p

• 5 weeks later...

Since post 323 I have heard nothing from Mackenzie Hall then I get this stupid Letter. I suspect that it saves upon Trace Fees. I have not moved accommodation since their last letter. (I shall do in a few weeks if all goes well). Doesn't this break OFT guidelines or have they nipped safely through with clever wording.

Mackenzie Hall

19 Nov 2009

Dear Overdone,

Our Ref xxxxxxx Client Refxxxxxxxxx

We are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter. We have been provided your address as being the possible residential details for our subject.

Therefore if you are the person named above, then please contact our office immediately on telephone number xxxxxxxx quoting refxxxxxxx whereupon furthr detailed information can be provided.

If however you are not the person named above and/or have any information regarding the persons possible whereabouts, then pease contact our investigation team in confidence on the altrnative telephone number or email address below.

Telephone 0800 012 6179

Email goneaway@mackenziehall .co.uk (subject: Not Known/Goneaway)

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Caroline Briggs

Mac Hall Ltd

Dear Caroline

I am not the person you are looking for but I can give you details of their present whereabouts and telephone contact details.

There is however a small charge of £ 50.00 for the supply of this information.

yours etc

Juan Kerr

• Haha 1

On the scale of relative importance this matter ranks near the bottom. I wouldn't bother making a song and dance about it - life's too short. Save your energy for things that matter.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Dear Caroline

I am not the person you are looking for but I can give you details of their present whereabouts and telephone contact details.

There is however a small charge of £ 50.00 for the supply of this information.

yours etc

Juan Kerr

I would send this i am sure they have broken some type of rule or regulation.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.