1st Credit and HSBC Debt not mine.. Stat Demand.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overdone - is Essex TS 1st Cretins local TS or yours?? I have recently sent an official complaint to 1st Cretins as they sent me a stat demand when there is no CCA, they have now decided they don't want to attend court next week and so are asking me to withdraw my costs etc and carry on paying them (even though I don't pay them and never have). Once they dont respond on time to my complaint I intend reporting them to TS, OFT, FOS etc, and think it will probably be better to report them to their local TS rather than mine (who are absolutely useless anyway).

Read page 6, post 111 of this thread. Writing to their Trading Standards does not fit in with TS protocol. People have PM'd me on this too. Which TS are you using? I am using my local one (Essex) and other people will have to use their local one too. Which I think is fairer because they cannot get on first name terms as they might with a TS that are the other side of town, so to speak.

Edited by overdone

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

overdone - "It was not them but a pensioner who works for 1st credit."

More depths plumbed by a DCA.

What is a pensioner going to do with a belligerent poss violent 'customer'? (Not a Cagger I stress!! More likely to get a pot of tea and a jaffa cake.)

What training were they given to assess ability to pay?

What indemnity insurance cover was in place?

What trespass law training was given?

If it was commission only then that means the collector is self-employed. Now that cannot be a reasonable basis on which to pay a naive and vulnerable person in this nasty 'trade'. (I assume naive as they handed the card over.)

I wonder whether 1st C are now trying the sympathy card hoping you would take pity on the old blighter and pay something?

As stated by banker rhymes with, this is cold calculated exploitation of the lowest order.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Overdone - thanks for that, unfortunately my local TS are absolutely hopeless when i approached them about Sainsburys they didn't want to know, I will probably just report 1st Cretins to FOS and OFT etc once they fail to answer my complaint fully.

Like Duffer's mum, I found my local TS to be very unhelpful and the TS office for the credit card company just returned the papers saying get in touch with your local TS !. My local TS even went so far as to point out the various laws/regulations the credit card company could use to wiggle their way out of compliance !!.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Like Duffer's mum, I found my local TS to be very unhelpful and the TS office for the credit card company just returned the papers saying get in touch with your local TS !. My local TS even went so far as to point out the various laws/regulations the credit card company could use to wiggle their way out of compliance !!.

That's why you should complain to someone higher and/or the Local Authority Ombudsman.

well i have found my TS helpful re problems with Moorcroft but with any one else they are completely and utterly useless.

Some of them had not even herad of a CCa let alone the CCA1974 and even the company i was complaing about.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

My local TS even went so far as to point out the various laws/regulations the credit card company could use to wiggle their way out of compliance !!.

How can they wiggle out of a compliance?

they find ways. It mainly we dont enturpriate the law the same as you

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

How can they wiggle out of a compliance?

Overdone, I have put the link to TS reply to me.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/152498-response-trading-standards-re.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Heard from my local TS. Wool pull strategy from 1st cred, I fear.

Dear Overdone,

Re 1st Credit

Further to your recent correspondence regarding the above company, please be advised that I have since contacted the trader, and they state that this most recent contact with you was with regards to a separate debt, and not the original one that was in dispute.

Thus, if you would like to resolve this matter, I would suggest that you contact them directly and request further information on what the second debt relates to.

Essex Trading standards,

Shall reply as follows,

10 October 2008

Essex Trading Standards,

Dear Sirs,

1st Credit – Your Ref:

With reference to your letter 17 October 2008 I must dispute the information 1st Credit have given you.

On the 23rd June 2008 I requested CCA’s for two disputed accounts, copies enclosed.

One alleged debt was for HBOS and another Visa Associates. In each case, recorded delivery was signed for on 24th June 2008.

In a letter dated 25 June 2008, copy enclosed, they acknowledge the dispute of the HBOS debt and reference it xxxxxxxxx. You can confirm with their doorstep representative, this was the debt he called on me, to collect money for.

My understanding is, that without a valid CCA, they cannot demand payment, on either debt, after the 12 + 2 days have passed. Given the period of time that has now elapsed, this would constitute a criminal offence.

Yours faithfully,

Overdone

Edited by overdone
add info

• 2 weeks later...

Letter received from T Standards today. Head Hunting DCA's.

Dear Overdone,

Re 1St credit.

Thank you for you letter dated 10 October 2008 regarding the above.

Please be advised that I have referred the details of your complaint to the appointed Home Authority officer for 1st credit to advise them of their obligations under the consumer credit act.

I will pass on your contact details should he wish to contact you directly, however, in the interim, should you receive any more demands for payment, I would be grateful if you could notify me.

Yours sincerely,

Essex T S.

Singing a different tune now after your reply to their original response. :)

BCOBS

Tonight on Panarama, 1st Credit were recorded on video, in the act, which you can now see on the BBC website for those who missed it. A repeat of the kind of shallow nonesense 1st Credit spill out when challenged. I challenged their staff training too and nothing got done. As someone said, retraining usually means staff are told, "not to get caught again." Anyway, Panorama recorded them, and the video is BBC NEWS | Programmes | Panorama. So I hope people go through to the BBC page and add their bit as the BBC request. Perhaps if I write to the named company director, Najib Nathoo, quoting the Panorama documentary, pensioners will stop calling.

1st Credit statement ;

Panorama,featured an interview with Leanne Blurton who had to deal with her stepfather's financial problems after he was admitted to a psychiatric hospital. Despite submitting proof of his mental illness and his section order, debt purchaser 1st Credit did not freeze his debts until Panorama got in touch. Company director Najib Nathoo made the following statement:

"Repayment of debts remains an emotive and sometimes

distressing subject for debtors. 1st Credit acquired his debt

in March 2008 and agreed an affordable repayment plan

with him which included the freezing of interest rate

payments." "We were informed that he had been sectioned under the mental health act, some 8 months after the initial call and clearly we failed to apply our industry guidelines which would have meant that on receipt of documentary proof of his illness, his payments should have been suspended. We're very sorry that our actions have caused him and his daughter considerable distress. This is not the standard we expect and have set for our business. As a result of this failure in procedures, 1st Credit is re-training staff members concerned and issuing clearer guidelines to all staff regarding the handling of cases such as this."

"In the meantime, we have frozen his account and are now

working with his daughter to resolve the matter. We wish him

a speedy recovery."

o.gif

Edited by overdone
typos

Thanks for that info, overdone... hypocrites.... !!

BCOBS

this is in reply to 1st credit statement.

YOU ARE TALKING UTTER RUBBISH. YOU NOW YOU HAVE MESSED UP AND NOW YOU ARE ONLY APPOLOGISING DUE TO HAVING BEEN CUAUGHT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. .

Please note is the edited version and are only my opinions.

YOU ARE TALKING UTTER RUBBISH. YOU NOW YOU HAVE MESSED UP AND NOW YOU ARE ONLY APPOLOGISING DUE TO HAVING BEEN CUAUGHT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. .

I reckon quite a few on CAG echo your opinions GM :D

BCOBS

Their reply is sheer and utter contempt. Read it carefully and they have even allowed themselves potential 'wriggle room'.

Speedy recovery yeah ok so u can get your money.

Just watched Panorama documentary again. It was repeated early Friday morning. Apparently, where the "Rankines" went wrong was not to stick to the looking of inappropriate material within the Consumer Credit Act legislation and writing individual letters to creditors, which is what we do on here.

I understand that details of the Rankine's failure are now being quoted by DCA's in an inappropriate manner. Where can I find details of their case on the net?

BBC - Press Office - Panorama: Can't Pay, Won't Pay

Edited by overdone