A can of worms ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't forget you can claim back the tenner if they are processing your data without proper authority.

I was not aware that you can claim back the £10, elaborate please & how, I have a DCA that have and are still processing my Data Unlawfully, in fact they have been collecting a debt for 14 years & I had been paying them up until Feb....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it means as no valid agreement produced, no permission to share info with third parties ie. CRA and no permission to store,use or process your data. Therefore if you do a request under the DPA and they hold details without holding permission (ie the correct agreement) they are breaching the DPA and breaking the law.

Never thought of that one :) good reason to ask for your £10 back.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Answered my first 'phone call from them last night.... only 'coz I was expecting someone else and they caught me on the hop.

"IN WRITING OOOONLY PLEEEEASE, THANK YOOOOU !!" I shouted over the top of him. Shame. He had a sexy voice.... what a waste.... lol ! :D

SAR.... posted off today.....:D

Complaint letter.... also posted off today.....:D

As it goes in Chess.... "Check"..... ;)

Tick tock....

I wish my special friends would give me a call, the only problem is they do not appear to be working hard enough to find out my number..

The only thing they seem to be able to do is accuse me of having a CCJ which they have no documentary evidence........ (shame I have been paying them for 14 years)

I hope they make a decision soon to take me to court, I could do with a day out....

keep going PO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all

Hoping your peace has endured but that you are also getting somewhere with the pond ****. Was talking through your thread with my other half who has had some bully boy DCA on the phone today that left him bewildered that this stuff actually happens. (he's not had the pleasure before)

I am literally on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what they come up with, if anything. It is indeed a can of worms, so the very best of luck, can't wait to hear how you get on.

ps they will be sitting in their office wondering what the hell to do about you lol!:D

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

ps they will be sitting in their office wondering what the hell to do about you lol!:D

You may be right there.... but they need to get a wriggle on.... the 40 days are nearly up on the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and they still haven't provided me with details of their official complaints procedure.... :cool:

Time is up.... think I've been dumped. ;)

No response whatsoever to SAR

No response whatsoever to my request for their Complaints Procedure.

Absolutely no attempt to contact me whatsoever....

Have to admit to being a little surprised by their total SAR non-compliance... seems a bit silly considering the ICO will now be picking this one up as well as the FOS.

Oh well... better get scribing then....

Decision time....

A SAR non-compliance letter, including a para about the Financial Crime branch of HM Treasury.... (courtesy of Rory32 in one of his threads)....;) just to add to the pressure, or

Straight to the ICO to let them deal with it....

What do you think people ? :confused:

To be honest, my faith in all of these supposed regulatory bodies is not great.... so my inkling is to go with Option 1 and land them in the poo that way. However, since they have defaulted on a legal request... Option 2 shouldn't be ruled out either. I just don't think it would stress them as much as the thought of having Option 1 carried out....

I will look into the FOS side of things a bit later on....

Decision time....

A S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) non-compliance letter, including a para about the Financial Crime branch of HM Treasury.... (courtesy of Rory32 in one of his threads)....;) just to add to the pressure, or

Straight to the Information Commissioners Office to let them deal with it....

What do you think people ? :confused:

To be honest, my faith in all of these supposed regulatory bodies is not great.... so my inkling is to go with Option 1 and land them in the poo that way. However, since they have defaulted on a legal request... Option 2 shouldn't be ruled out either. I just don't think it would stress them as much as the thought of having Option 1 carried out....

I will look into the FOS side of things a bit later on....

Personally, i would start a formal complaint with F.O.S. (they haven't sent their complaints procedure), and a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) non-compliance letter, with only a limited time to respond (no more than 14 days).

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Does Any One Have A Link For A Template For A Non Compliance To A Cca Request Letter.

There is no need to write.... unless you prefer to. If/when the DCA contacts you, just write back (rec. delivery) something like...

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/2007.

A legal request for my Consumer Credit Agreement (Consumer Credit Act, 1974) was received by yourselves on xx/xx/2007. Until such times as you are able to comply with this request, no (further) payments will be forthcoming.

:)

good luck p1

you sound like your ready for the fight

essexboy

Thanks Essexboy,

To be honest, there are times when I just want to leave it as it is. Life can be hard enough without going looking for it, so to speak... which is what it seems like I'm doing. They haven't had a payment for 8 months now.... :D

However, now that they've been stupid enough to totally stuff up on the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) :rolleyes: .... and not even bother to give details of a Complaints Procedure, let alone try and get me to believe they're actually dealing with a complaint :rolleyes: ... they've annoyed me.

Even if nothing else comes from this, I can happily land them in the poo, knowing that they will be charged £400 for the FOS to investigate their dodgy dealings. Time will tell if it goes any further than that....

To think that I was once afraid of these morons though..... :-D