Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder

essexboy

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    545
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

57 Excellent

About essexboy

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. thanks sidewinder we were told to take our holiday prior to our leaving date and as i had taken none prior to my notice and the companies holiday year is jan-decwould mean i would have to take my holiday during my notice period i think therefore i would have only had 11 weeks notice and one weeks holiday any thoughts essexboy
  2. hi jdene been in the same boat and due to personal reasons have left the forum have knocked back every dca and to date welcome have nt pursued my case through the courts back now and in a position to challenge them secret commission does exist and not only do i have a document for my car i also have a document that looks remarkably like a specimen docoument for training essexboy
  3. hi thanks postjji and sidewinder for your advice i have spoken to my employer and they have confirmed the company will close on the expected closure date (this is the first time as previously they have always maintained they were trying to continue trading) they have given me a forecast as to what happens nxt and stated my redundancy will be paid seperate to my salary by cheque a week after my final salary payment (this is apprx ten days after i leave, which seems reasonable) my employer has been in my opinion (rightly or wrongly) been sincere despite lack of claririty until now, but his wife on the other hand has made my notice period unbearable and has even contradicted the recent information given by him saying they have six months to pay redundancy?????? my other query is if they have requested all holiday entitlement is taken within the notice period and my notice period equates to 1 weeks holiday, if i have taken them as requested have i been stiched up as i would in effect only served/ been paid 11 weeks notice, where as staff with no work have been paid to sit at home on full pay while i have worked and will claim holiday pay within their entitlement. i have taken two days holiday and believe i am entitled to five days prior to my dismissal, therefore i am owed three days. am i right in thinking this is part of salary payment and should be paid in my final salary payment essexboy
  4. hi any comments would be most appreciated
  5. hi all I am currently 10 weeks into my 12 week statutory notice period. i work for a small company that has seven employees that include the director and his wife and more recently thier son. We was informed in September 2010 the company was allegedly losing money due to the high cost of running the business and the comnpanies position would be reviewed in January, afterxmas 2010. At the begining of January 2011 we were collectivelly told the situation had not changed and a planned closure was scheduled for April 8th 2011 would be implemented. The company has complied with redundancy consultation and i have received a provisional redundancypackage prior to my notice period. My notice was issued 13TH January 2011 and no definative redundancy payment has been offered despite the provisional package being outdated due to statutory limit being raised to £400/wk in February2011. Should my redundancy package be finalised prior to my leaving date, therefore any queries are able to be resolved prior to my departure. No information has been forthwith as to how and when payment will be met and i dont know what would be classed as reasonable. I would hope payment would be made prior to my leaving and be in receipt of my p45 before i leave, would this be reasonable. At the present time i am the only member of the workforce still working as the others have nothing to do and are at home on full pay. While i attach no blame to my collegues (i would do the same) it does seem i am being punished as i am not doing the job i was employed to do. I am aware personally our major customer base has offered plenty of work and are really dissappointed at this decision and believe it has been taken due personal cicumstances. i believe the protection they are giving to the company name suggests they are starting out again without the long serving staff , maybe on a smaller scale. any comments most appreciated essexboy
  6. thank you sidewinder i beleive notice can be retracted and if this is the case and i dont stay with my employer i could lose my redundancy what prevents my employer giving notice then retracting on numerous occasions
  7. i have recently been given notice of redudancy prior to this i was given a provisional calcuklation of redundancy pay the cosultation period has passed and and tyhe calculation given was subject to change i have been told by my employer that statutory redundancy is subject to "dpi index" never the less my question is when is redudancy calculated either: date of notice or end of notice date i ask this question as my employer has stated stautory notice is £380/wk and subject to change in feb . they state it cold rise but also fall and the information they have been given is that it could be £350 (due to the dpi index) it is my understanding in feb it rises to £400 can anyone confirm whatever scenario is correct and as i have been given a closure notice of april would i qualify for the £400/wk essexboy
  8. ok thanks for that i am not disputing his right of sale just the manner he chosen to adopt why would the employer put his intentions in writing and then demand the return of the document as they have stated they did not have to do this and with regards to the staff handbook do they have to comply with the request for a copy or is the fact it is readily available within the company suffecient. essexboy
  9. no its regarding my written response regarding their letter of intention to sell tyhe business including the confidentiality request or my request for a copy of this letter or the fact i requested a copy of the staff handbook i was rather hoping that someone could give a general overview to confirm or refute what has occurred so it prepare me for the meeting to either confirm or refute what is said is true essexboy
  10. my employer is looking to sell his business for personal reasons and made myself aware of this decision verbally two weeks ago last week he put his decision in writing and included a confidentiality clause within the letter which he asked me to sign i was also told that this was to safeguard his sale of the business and the confidentiality clause was within the staff handbook he was most insistant that the signed document was return that afternoon and promised he would provide a copy of the document i did not sign and the document was susequently taken from my possession as no copy of the document has materalised i wrote to my employer outlining my reason for not signing the document and requesting a copy of the said document as i believed it was notification of his intention to sell his business i also requested a copy of the staff handbook to peruse at my leisure in a brief verbal response i have been told that a staff handbook is available to read in two locations within the business but under no circumstances can it leave the building and no notification of his intention exists to say he is putting the business up for sale despite this being contained within the document requiring my signing of the confidentiality clause i have a meeting with my employer and his wife tomorrow and would appreciate any advise i have been employed for twelve years within this company essexboy
  11. this is not a condition of employment and was originally accepted on the request of the foreman i have gained responsibility throughout the company over the last twelve years and would like to relinquish some of my responsibility towards the co as i feel i am being taken advantage of essexboy
×
×
  • Create New...