Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


51 Excellent
  1. Thank you for your reply, I will phone Abbey Life in the morning and ask them to write to me with options as I said in original post did not understand most of what he was saying, said he could not give exact amount on surrender or fees. I just did not know how much it would cost us going to a financial advisor. Many thanks again to you and HB
  2. Sorry HB, did not realise that you could not give advice on this, the policy expires 2055 it will have paid out long before that. Did phone them but when they gave me the options I did not really understand, was just hoping for what to do next. Thanks anyway mamie
  3. Hi, In 1985 we took out a joint life policy with Abbey Life payable of first death value £19,935. We took a partial surrender in 1995 of £900. Over the years because we did not increase the premiums the policy value went down and now stands at £6,987. The reason for this post is to get some advice on what to do with this policy now as we have received a letter from Abbey Life. This letter gives some information about your COVERMASTER Plan which will reach its 28th anniversary on the 25th June 2013. Your COVERMASTER Plan is a unit linked life assurance policy. The current review on this is to drop your current level of Life Cover of £6,987 to £5,994 until your next review. You would normally have the opportunity to replace any reduction in your life cover by taking out a new life assurance plan with us for £993. At present the cost to you of doing this would be below our minimum premium for new plans, so we propose instead to maintain your life cover at the current level until the next review. However you should anticipate a possibly substantial reduction in the level of your life cover at the next review because we are proposing to maintain the sum assured at a higher level than we should until the next review. The premium for this policy was £12 a month when it started it went up to £18 about 15 years ago. What is the best way to go forward with this policy, when we took it out we were told that the initial sum of £19,935 was for life no matter what, do we surrender the policy or make it a paid up one as we are now 65 and 60 years old. I would appreciate any help with this. mamie
  4. Sorry to hear such sad news, Martin was a great help and support to me as you were Bookie. I am sure Martin will be missed by many old and new Caggers. R.I.P. Martin.
  5. anyone help here, forgot to mention we also have charitable status.
  6. Hi; hope this is in the right place. I am the treasurer of a spiritualist society we have our services in an A listed building we had our windows refurbished end of 2010 to Feb 2011 all bills paid vat free. When the company came to estimate the cost of work they said because it was an A listed building and was used for religious services we were Vat exempt, we have now received a bill for nearly £2000.00, what is our legal status on this. This is in Scotland Mamie
  7. No I didnt complain. Lots of ill health and hospital visits at the moment not got the time. Thats why i wanted to leave everything to after the year. Thanks for all the support. Mamie
  8. No not a peep, dont know if i should write to them just now or leave it till after the year. Could do without all this. I know if I just leave it they will contact my son again.
  9. I sent the offer letter from Barclaycard acceptance letter and letter in post 24 from FOS. I am sure that is proof enough for anyone except these people. This was settled in 2004 if I had not kept all the letters what proof would I have had.
  10. Sent letters from Barclaycard the FOS and acceptance letter. Letter back from HFO with the reference number altered extra digit added in the middle and last three digits been changed. Thank you for your letter dated 10th November 2011, the content which has been noted. Iam writing to inform you we have raised the query with Barclaycard to confirm the information you have provided us is the same account we have on file. The information provided did not have a clear Barclaycard reference on for us to be able to correlate the information and close the account. The account is now on hold awaiting a response from Barclaycard; as soon as I have received the confirmation I will be in contact to confirm the conclusion.
  11. FOS 26/9/07 Thank you for your letter dated 11 sept 07 and I am pleased to hear that you have received an acceptable settlement offer from this business. I confirm that as a result your complaint has now been closed in our records but please let me know if any matter arises requiring our contintued involvement.
  12. Will get back to you with all info I have got. Take a lot of time to go through all letters I have.
  13. not from HFO. A letter was sent to the FOS enclosing the final response from Barclaycard stating the account would be cleared and closed after the £92 35 was transfered to his account, my son said that after the money was put in his account there would be no further claim from them or anyone else he would accept. dated 11/9/07 The FOS must have accepted as the money was put into the account. Nothing from HFO till now.
  14. Yes have all correspondence Barclaycard took into account what had been paid and charges and paid £94 into my sons bank. I will send this first thing Monday morning. Thanks Mamie
  • Create New...