Dog mauled cat, neighbours' harassment, court on 30/11/07

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a case of the defendant having more witness statements stating that there was only 1 dog. I was asked what colour were the dogs, I stated 'brindle'. Then the defendant came out with, well it can't be my dog as my dog is black with white bits.

Brindle is dark brown/black?? Or have I just lost the plot?

Anyway, I hope Joa can post a bit on here later as I know she made some notes. Just a handy tip though - when you go to Court, do not dress up smartly, do not have respect for the Judge and remain calm, don't even think about telling the truth!! (Please note that was all said tomgue in cheek and I don't advise anyone to do this!!)

den3371:p

OMG what where they thinking (can't really say what I am thinking,I would probably get thrown off) this is disgusting.

Den can't imagine how you are feeling I am lost for words well words I can put on here :eek:

Thinking of you all

Mrs C

Good God den, what's wrong with our justice system? Can you appeal this? Honestly, imagine losing because some numpty doesn't know his colours!

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

So sorry

I can understand the bit about harrassment as that is a seperate issue - but why would they offer to pay the bill if it was not their dog.:mad:

Really sorry after all you have been through - and the fact is you had the guts to stand up to them and the courts have not backed you up.

I must admit I have lost faith in the system after my daughters boyfriend and his freind were beaten up - quite seriously by a gang of 15 in a totally unprovoked attack . witnesses were not even interviewed ( assumed to be under the influence of drink - they were not) and they said they could not go ahead with the case as the victims could not indentify the attackers- why was that ? they were beaten unconcious!! so it is a bit difficut to indentify then isnt it! There were adult witnesses and the gang were identified by others. Lets just hope next time they dont kill someone - as somebody will have that on their concience .

We all feel really bad for you - but you know you did your best and the result is not your fault.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

They stated that they never had a conversation with me about money - I just demanded it! Thay said at first there were 2 dogs then in all the witness statements it mentions 1 dog.

How on earth the Judge think Rosie sustained the injuries is beyond me. They are the only people in the whole 3 blocks that have a dog, they even admotted that the Brother comes over with his dogs.

Justice, Justice, Justice.. where art thou?? :(

awww I'm really sorry to hear it. At least you can hold your head up high even if the defendants or the judge can't!

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Did i remember you saying den that you thought they were committing benefit fraud? Did you ever report them for that? If not, then now is the time eh!

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Funbuckingbelievable :(

RIP British Justice

:p Wanting out of the red and into the pink! :p

If I've been nice please tip my scales. If I've been naughty, tip 'em twice! ;)

CURRENTLY CAGGING -

NatWest Bank - no response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), 40 days passed

Natwest CC - no response to CCA, 12+30 days passed. Calls continue, I ignore.

Sainsburys CCs x 2 - Current T&Cs rec'd in response to CCA request. Letter sent re lack of prescribed terms. Calls continue, mobile set to auto ignore.

Capital One - Copy application form rec'd in response to CCA. Letter sent re lack of prescribed terms. Standard final response received. Calls continue, I ignore.

Did i remember you saying den that you thought they were committing benefit fraud? Did you ever report them for that? If not, then now is the time eh!

The woman's Partner submitted a statement - it had his address on, it was not the addess the Defandant resides in, however - he said when the Judge asked if he lived with Ms XXX, he said yes!

Will be calling the Fraud hotline again!

National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440

:D

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I think it is very important to remember that the judge did not decide that the defendants were right or that you were wrong Den. She has decided that on a balance of probabilities, she could not agree that it was the defendant's dog who caused the injury. A lot in your case depended on personal statements; yours and the defendant's - there was no direct witnesses, beside you and your son. But you have conducted yourself brilliantly; you were calm, collected and dignified. You were well prepared - for a lay person, whilst we know what an almighty cock-up was caused by the defendant's solicitors (it was un-bloody-believable- the solicitors write a defence which basically destroyed defendant's case that they haven't got a dog! But sadly, the judge let it pass- as the case was not really about that).

Whilst I understand judge's hesitation which made her unable to find for den, i feel that it was a very disappointing outcome - achieved by defendant's shocking lies, bare-faced dishonesty, breathtaking and shameless porkies.

The judge opened by clarifying what she will deal with and what she will not. That meant that most of the witness statements, including huge chunks of Den's neighbour's statement were not considered. The judge then permitted documents which she did not see, which were submitted by the other party. She was very frustrated by the defendant's lack of preparedness, her solicitor's slackness- in my mind she has tried too hard to accommodate the defendant. Maybe she took one look at the gum-chewing, perpetually pregnant, hardly out of childhood herself, tracksuit clad , "innit" defendant and thought to herself: "disadvantaged person alert, better be extra nice, in case they torch my Lexus later on!"

OK. Bygones. We have gained new knowledge which may help in making the life for the defendant that little bit more difficult. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The system did not fail Den- she was floored by the sheer lack of civic responsibility of primitive dog-owners, who not only allowed their dogs to run wild but went to court and lied about it. The judge was struggling for evidence (of the very incident- cat not only being attacked but attacked by the defendant's dog)- she had so little of it she felt she had no choice but to dismiss the case. She was careful to explain this in her summary.

So Den did not loose and the neighbours did not win. They have been lucky and Lady Luck is not always fair.

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sometimes, the judge has no choice but to rule on the evidence that (s)he is presented with.

However, I am a firm believer in Karma.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I'm not much of a believer tiglet.. seems to me that those that ignore the law, treat others badly, lie and cheat get exactly what they want and those that are honest, decent and caring get no practical reward for it. (Not on this earth at least).

Sorry, bit of a downer :rolleyes: but i just don't see this so called poetic justice/karma anywhere..

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything