Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

176 Excellent

About GlasweJen

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi elche, I realised the sticky point with my less than one years service. I can't turn up at my old work because i did a job that requires legal sign off (specialised department) so i can't do my job any longer. Even if I could do it I can't get to old work, i can't drive and it's over 40 miles away from home with no public transport on a Sunday which was/is one of my contracted days. They are still paying me so I'm not fired and according to HR at my old work there is defo a transfer at the new place. I called ACAS and they said that they shouldn't be paying me out of holiday but
  2. I work for a large supermarket chain and i've had the job since July last year, i recently finished uni and wanted to transfer my job back home. I discussed this with my line manager (A) who spoke to his manager (B) about it. Manager B then called the store nearest my home address and made enquiries, i was told that there was a position available for me there and given forms to fill in. I duly filled in the forms and returned them to A who signed them and sent them to the personnel manager ©. The next time i was in A asked me to confirm with C that the forms were recieved so I called her
  3. No they're loathe to do an EP study because they're convinced that they got all the answers on the tilt table but that was about 5 years ago now. It was an unmedicated tilt so they can't even put the rate drop down to the spray or anything. The pacemaker was always set on preventing brady episodes as it's usually rate drop that causes my syncopes; with the new episodes in mine there's now debate over wether i need a different model but they wont fit one while my scar is still keloid.
  4. You should definately see someone from welfare rights if you can, I want to say that IBS with lowered mobility due to back problems may be an issue but you never know how they'll look at it. Best you can do is appeal and get them to relook at the award
  5. you can't get budgeting loans to clear your debts, you may get some for your daughters clothes but then they may tell you to use her child benefit money for that. The household items - well it depends on the area and what you ask for but you'll be expected to buy the cheapest you can find and use that.
  6. that's called fraud. The jobcentre would want to know why she hasn't returned home. Anyway a partner can be anyone with a financial link so they may have asked for your brothers details anyway. The jobseekers on entitled to is usually the contributions based one that you only get for 6 months and is based on national insurance record, the one that your brothers partner is claiming must be income assessed due to them taking notice of your brothers details so the figures may be different because of this. You should tell your brothers partner to apply for income support.
  7. no the pacemaker hasn't really helped the episodes at all, it did for the first month or so but that's been put down to the fact that i had nil stress and no life as i was just in my mums house, off work and uni with no big responsibilities. The minute i went back to real life the episodes were back and i was re-medicated so i'm back to the same amount of episodes with the same severity. The pacemaker was never meant to cure anyway but rather give a look in at how my heart has been responding and now it looks like i may have POTS as well because the pacemaker is catching tacchycardia as well a
  8. I posted a shorter version of this on the disabilities board but thought i'd post here also just in case anyone here could help. Been on DLA for 4 years due to having a condition that's like epilepsy but isn't. I also have a "dyslexia like learning difficulty". I have a pacemaker and work 16 hours a week in a large supermarket that supports me by placing me in the clothing department and making sure i work in a team and, if possible, with the first aider so I get the disabled rate of tax credits. I reapplied for DLA with the new style form and didn't really understand the box syste
  9. from what i gather it's standard procedure to base income based job seekers on the income of the claimant and their partner. Your brothers girlfriend needs to get a job (any job) quickly or your brother should get a new job that pays more. You can always try plugging their details into Start Calculation to see if there's anything else that they should be claiming.
  10. I was in the middle of moving house when my DLA renewal form came through. Seeing as the form has changed of late I filled it as well as i could with the old form there as a basis (CAB didn't have any appointments). It came back that i was knocked back on the basis that i don't black out (when i do). I went to CAB in my new area and they said they can't help with an appeal because they don't have the staff (typical) but they did give me a GL24 form to fill in. I currently live in West Lothian, would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a company that can help? Currently the aw
  11. TheKLF as an adult you will not be entitled to the high mobility component as you can walk. The criteria for children recieving high mobility is different to the adult criteria. To be honest from your description of yourself I really don't think you should be driving, phobia of trains or not! What if you get distracted and knock over a kid?
  12. Not much, she is suspended on full pay pending at the moment but the lawyer dealing with it said that because no one died or needed surgery or hospitalisation then it's going to be a smack on the wrist if any action at all is made. She'll probably be sent on some course to get her recording skills up to scratch.
  13. she said it could take months as they are moving between hospital trusts and parts are being removed and edited because my last GP was found to have meddled with my notes to cover her back.
  14. well your own OT should be supportive and might already have the form filled out when you get there! (apparently it happens).
  15. Oh and I'm on middle care yet I work part time and study full time. That doesn't stop me needing walked to work, accompanied across the road, someone to cook for me, someone to watch me in the bath (not actually sit and stare at me lol) etc. Having a disability doesn't make you a write off it can actually entitle you to disabled element of tax credits (which you need DLA to claim which confirms you can have DLA and work). Again, good luck!
  • Create New...