Dog mauled cat, neighbours' harassment, court on 30/11/07

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You pretty much need to go into court and ask at the desk. It might take a while for the right person to be available. Given the affidafit is in response to a witness statement they filed late, it shouldn't be much of an issue if you hand it over in the court room.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of love cming from the Tiglet household - get yourself a stiff drink and try to forget about it for the moment, that's my advice!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

One thing you need to remember, Den: YOU are NOT the DEFENDANT!

The affidavit is a good idea, no argument about that, but at the end of it, you could have a dozen dogs, 7 cats, 2 sticks insects and a tarentula: So bloody what? :-? Ok, so it might spread some doubt as to whether your own dog had mauled Rosie, but let's face it, why would you go to all that aggro (and your neighbours collude with you) to try and recover fees that you have already paid from your innocent neighbours? You know what I mean? The judge is going to rule on balance of probabilities, and how probable is it that you would have a dog and yet lie so as to claim from other people?

Remember, you are suing THEM, not the other way round. If they're prepared to lie in such a manner, they must be really panicking now.

Take a deep breath, this is a good thing, otherwise, you might have gone in court too complacent, this reminds you what kind of low-lifes you're dealing with, and that they will stoop to anything. The other good thing is that once the judge realises they've been lying once, everything else they say will be taken with a pinch of salt. You get caught in a lie once, you lose all future credibility. So their little plan may well have just backfired on them big time. ;-)

Pick yourself up, onwards and upwards! :-)

38.jpg

Den

You have been really strong lately, please dont let these people get you down.

Having to make up stories and tell lies just shows how desperate they are, anyway what difference would it make if you did have a dog of your own, would that give their dog a right to attack your cat

Stay strong, were all behind you on this one

Thanks again all.

I have been going through the paperwork, they have switched from saying I had a dog, to I have a dog and hiding it. She says that she was looking after a dog, and the other dog is her Partners to there was only one dog and it was inside.

The Neighbours who have also written a short statement for the defendants states they have been in the property 6 months - they have in fact been there for well over a year, I always say good morning to them as their children go to the same school as my Son.

Funny, their flat is now for sale, however they are the only Neighbours in the block to have written a statement for the Defendant.

I have typed out my affadavit and printed it ready to take to the Court next week.

Thanks yet again everyone, I have calmed down a bit now. You lot always make me stronger and are always the first ones I turn to, I didn't even bother ringing my Sister, I posted on here first!! THAT speak volumes!

Thank you xxxxx

Joa, thank you will meet you at 9am on Friday 30th xx

den3371:p

The Neighbours who have also written a short statement for the defendants states they have been in the property 6 months - they have in fact been there for well over a year, I always say good morning to them as their children go to the same school as my Son.

I wonder if they actually wrote it themselves.

the way the defendants are acting makes me think that this witness doesn't know they writen a statement - I could be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me

You could always mention it in passing in a non-aggressive manner, just mentioning that you're surprised they said you had a dog, and what on earth gave them that idea? Conversational, like... ;-) Juuust in case they in fact DON'T know that they wrote a statement... ;-)

One thing you need to remember, Den: YOU are NOT the DEFENDANT!

The affidavit is a good idea, no argument about that, but at the end of it, you could have a dozen dogs, 7 cats, 2 sticks insects and a tarentula: So bloody what? :-? Ok, so it might spread some doubt as to whether your own dog had mauled Rosie, but let's face it, why would you go to all that aggro (and your neighbours collude with you) to try and recover fees that you have already paid from your innocent neighbours? You know what I mean? The judge is going to rule on balance of probabilities, and how probable is it that you would have a dog and yet lie so as to claim from other people?

Remember, you are suing THEM, not the other way round. If they're prepared to lie in such a manner, they must be really panicking now.

When I grow up I want to be... as clever and together as Bookie :)

:p Wanting out of the red and into the pink! :p

If I've been nice please tip my scales. If I've been naughty, tip 'em twice! ;)

CURRENTLY CAGGING -

NatWest Bank - no response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), 40 days passed

Natwest CC - no response to CCA, 12+30 days passed. Calls continue, I ignore.

Sainsburys CCs x 2 - Current T&Cs rec'd in response to CCA request. Letter sent re lack of prescribed terms. Calls continue, mobile set to auto ignore.

Capital One - Copy application form rec'd in response to CCA. Letter sent re lack of prescribed terms. Standard final response received. Calls continue, I ignore.

**** of the earth :mad: I hope that lot get the book thrown at them.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

If they are convicted of Criminal Contempt of Court (which given the evidence seems likely, especially if the neighbour isn't aware of her own statement) they will go to jail. Their solicitor won't be flavour of the month either.

Den you're doing fantastically well - keep it together - only a few more days now.

I wonder if they actually wrote it themselves.

the way the defendants are acting makes me think that this witness doesn't know they writen a statement - I could be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me

Darren

That was my first thought too, all the statements written are dated and signed 19 November so they ALL must have gone to the Solictors together?

The woman's Partner who threatened me also now has a different surname as when he signed for the LBA, the signatures are totally different too, as I printed out a copy of the Royal Mail signed for proof of delivery.

Stonelaughter

I had thought of approaching them, however MY Neighbour who is coming to Court with me too, said that if she sees them she will mention it and see if they are aware of what is going on.

This is a dreadful tale - I wish you all the best in court - I will be there in spirit with you (hopefully my spirit will help get their solicitor told off - have done that four times now!)

I grew up in a large family (I'm one of 7) and we had many pets from snakes to ducks and at one time had five cats - no dog though... it's dreadful when an animal gets injured and somebody says "We'll help pay the bill" then backs out.

Hopefully something will happen about your neighbours behaviour, has anyone thought of contacting social services about the situation - young baby in house and dog known to attack...

Thanks Sillygirl.

They know what that dog is like, they have 2 older children too, and I am afraid that if they are willing to keep a dog with a young baby in the house, that has attacked it's own owner, then that is their decision.

Thanks electron!!

I called the Court this morning, they said that if I want to come in and submit an affadavit that is no problem, even though the hearing is the following day.

They said that along with a copy of the form tomterm gave me a link to, I should just write a short statement.

Ok, so in my small statement to the court, if I write what tomterm has suggested along with the affadavit form:

I, den3371, of XX XXXX XXXXX hereby declare that the following statement is true:.

1. I did not own a dog on April 22 2007.

2. I do not keep any dog at XXXXXXXXX

3. I ask the court to consider reporting the allegations made by DEFENDANT in their witness statement to the police in order to investigate a possible contempt of court by either party.

(Now the neighbours who have also said they have seen me with a dog (whose flat is for sale) can I ask that they be investigated at for Contempt of Court)

I looked up when they moved in - It was August/September last year - Not 6 months ago at all, as they are lying blatently can the Court dismiss their statement?

(Now the neighbours who have also said they have seen me with a dog (whose flat is for sale) can I ask that they be investigated at for Contempt of Court)

I looked up when they moved in - It was August/September last year - Not 6 months ago at all, as they are lying blatently can the Court dismiss their statement?

I think you should first find out if they have actually given a witness statement.Perhaps the neighbour who is supporting you could knock on their door and say "I notice like me you are a witness in this case next Friday, have you been summonsed to attend the hearing ?

Oh my God!!!

A result - I think!!!

I have been waiting in for a delivery, it came about 15minutes ago, whilst I was outside signing for it, the Neighbour whi has written a statement for the Defendant came out throwing some rubbish out. At the same time MY Neighbour came out as she had seen the OTHER Neighbour (stay with me guys).

My Neighbour spoke to her and told her about the Witness statement and what was in it. She agrees that I do not have a dog! However she does remember seeing me with a dog when they moved in la last year. I had my Sister's dog while they were away for a few days last August 2006.

I showed her the Witness statement and she says that her reading isn't good so I read out what was on there. She says that her Husband has spoken to the Defendants a few times and was told to sign the paperwork by her Husband.

She admitted that she has not seen mw with a dog this year!

She also said that they are moving out in about 2 weeks.

What do I do now???