• Tweets

• thread title updated. so a sold debt. who are the solicitors? TM legal? why didn't ovo do this themselves as they do but chose to sell the debt on for 10p=£1? funny debt you state you reived a letter of claim, why did you not reply too it.? also is there is no indication of the date this bill comes from on the claimform? how do you know its from 2022? what other previous paperwork have you received? please scan page 1 of the claimform and bothsides of ALL previous letters upto one mass pdf read upload carefully. .................. pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’. Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID. You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.  then log in to the bulk court Website https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/466952-lowelloverdales-claimform-old-cap1-debt/?do=findComment&comment=5260464 .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything .do not ever use or give an email . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
    • Thank you again. I'm hoping it will come out in the wash and will endeavour to check my online account. I'm a bit unsettled by not hearing from Booking.com but the host is sounding helpful at the moment. HB
    • I've just remembered that a friend of mine had bookings cancelled on Booking.com about a month ago - and the good news is that all worked out in the wash. I'm at work now but will scribble properly in a couple of hours with the full tale.
    • Thank you Dave. I've had nothing from Booking.com, just a message via the site from the host. I know I need to check my bank account, just trying to resolve some technical issues. HB  
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business Centre Name of the Claimant ? JC INTERNATIONAL AQUISITION How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self Date of issue – 22 May 2024  Particulars of Claim What is the claim for – 1. The def owes the claimant £300 in respect of gas and electricity charges supplied by OVO. 2. Debt was assigned to the claimant with notice given to the def. 3. Despite formal demand the def has failed to pay the debt and the claimant claims £300 and further claims interest pursuant to s69 of the CCA 1984. What is the total value of the claim? £385 Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Energy debt When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Moved home and they were the current energy supplier  Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax/Etc...) ? No Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt assigned to JC International Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure probably  Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Again can't remember but probably  Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No Why did you cease payments? Changed supplier What was the date of your last payment? Never  Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Diskmandave -v- Robinson, Way & Co - The Never Ending Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to work at robinson way, every old /vulnerable person with statute barred debts they are coercing money out of with threats and intimidation , i would be .. do not pay !, please see a CAB advisor about your rights under the limitation act.. do .. not .. pay !! . I would get sacked at the end of the month but at least some would be saved from the misery of robinson way lies .

You wouldn't get the job DS unless you lied at the job interview. I believe the first question is "do you know your *rse from your elbow?". If the answers yes, your sent packing.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You wouldn't get the job DS unless you lied at the job interview. I believe the first question is "do you know your *rse from your elbow?". If the answers yes, your sent packing.

and the second question is ''Are your mother and father married''

When we all wake up tomorrow, no one will have a bloomin blue clue what this is all about will we??!!!

Dave's off to the Yorkshire BS in the morning!!!

Isn't alchohol a great thing?!!! :-D

When we all wake up tomorrow, no one will have a bloomin blue clue what this is all about will we??!!!I will

Dave's off to the Yorkshire BS in the morning!!!I pity them

Isn't alchohol a great thing?!!! :-D

Yes. reality is just an illusion brought about but by lack of alcohol

and the second question is ''Are your mother and father married''

I think what you really meant was are your mother and father brother and sister. Failing that any combination of father and daughter, mother and son will do.

I'm just waiting for the "EDIT"

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

To work for a DCA you need to be

Repulsive

Appalling

Maleficient

Execrable

Shameless

Egocentric

Sadistic

Darren.....

That's truly brilliant! Brilliance on a new level in fact!

So much so that i'm going to post the picture again... :cool:

manure-27thDec04.jpg

LMAO!

Repped U too! :lol:

• Haha 1

Rory - shame on you LOL:D

Alcohol doesn't solve anything :p ,but when you're as in as much sh1t as we are, who cares LOL ;)

Would love to come to YBS in the morning, have decided am not going for my shopping until you've posted - mega LOL :D

PS - make it quick, have got a lot of shopping to do LOL, LOL, LOL :D

Darren.....

That's truly brilliant! Brilliance on a new level in fact!

So much so that i'm going to post the picture again... :cool:

manure-27thDec04.jpg

LMAO!

Repped U too! :lol:

Cheers Dave

Nice of him to send you his photo

Caller : Good afternoon, I am calling from robinson way , can i confirm you are Mr Drexl Spivey

Drexl : Yes, that is correct, I am said Spivey

Caller : I am calling with regard to your acc ....

Drexl : Cease.

Drexl : Ok , go ahead , just had to switch the recorder on to keep a record of the conversation.

Caller :

Caller : I am calling regarding your account with us , it is regarding the debt owing...

Drexl : One moment .

Caller :

Drexl : Ok , can I have your name please , your name and position in the company .

Caller : My name is Fiona

Drexl : F i o n a , ..

Drexl : Is that a Mr , Miss or Ms Fiona ? ... and Surname ?

Caller : why do you want my surname for ?

Drexl : For my report to accompany the recording of this telephone conversation .

Caller : A report for what ?

Drexl : A report to the office of fair trading , You have already contravened section 2.6a of the OFT debt collectance guideance , section 40 of the administration of justice act 1970 and section 1 of the protection from harassment act and you've only just started .

Drexl : Your surname please .

Caller : I just need to ask you a few questions first . Do you acknowledge the debt of £****.** to **** bank ?

Drexl : No, I don't , never heard of them .

Caller : So you are saying it is fraud, somebody has run this debt up in your name, that is what you are saying ?

Drexl : No, I believe thats what you just said.

Caller : I don't believe you that you have no knowledge of this debt mr spivey

Drexl : I don't believe your name is fiona either .

Drexl : And furthermore , your not making the correct security checks either, you've only been on the phone 5 minutes and what you've said constitutes illegal disclosure in contravention of the data protection act 1998 . You cannot establish identity just because i say i'm who you are asking for, you need to ask me a question only i would know . But here you insinuating I owe a debt to, for all you know, anybody to listen too .

Caller :

Caller :

You ever encountered that 'Fiona' DMD ?

Caller : Good afternoon, I am calling from robinson way , can i confirm you are Mr Drexl Spivey

Drexl : Yes, that is correct, I am said Spivey

Caller : I am calling with regard to your acc ....

Drexl : Cease.

Drexl : Ok , go ahead , just had to switch the recorder on to keep a record of the conversation.

Caller :

Caller : I am calling regarding your account with us , it is regarding the debt owing...

Drexl : One moment .

Caller :

Drexl : Ok , can I have your name please , your name and position in the company .

Caller : My name is Fiona

Drexl : F i o n a , ..

Drexl : Is that a Mr , Miss or Ms Fiona ? ... and Surname ?

Caller : why do you want my surname for ?

Drexl : For my report to accompany the recording of this telephone conversation .

Caller : A report for what ?

Drexl : A report to the office of fair trading , You have already contravened section 2.6a of the OFT debt collectance guideance , section 40 of the administration of justice act 1970 and section 1 of the protection from harassment act and you've only just started .

Drexl : Your surname please .

Caller : I just need to ask you a few questions first . Do you acknowledge the debt of £****.** to **** bank ?

Drexl : No, I don't , never heard of them .

Caller : So you are saying it is fraud, somebody has run this debt up in your name, that is what you are saying ?

Drexl : No, I believe thats what you just said.

Caller : I don't believe you that you have no knowledge of this debt mr spivey

Drexl : I don't believe your name is fiona either .

Drexl : And furthermore , your not making the correct security checks either, you've only been on the phone 5 minutes and what you've said constitutes illegal disclosure in contravention of the data protection act 1998 . You cannot establish identity just because i say i'm who you are asking for, you need to ask me a question only i would know . But here you insinuating I owe a debt to, for all you know, anybody to listen too .

Caller :

Caller :

You ever encountered that 'Fiona' DMD ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/71386-diskmandave-robinson-way-co-2.html#post665351

Got a call on my mobile yesterday (21st), a contract one that's not even listed, but that's for another day..

Rang back, didn't even get a hello.

RW:"who's calling?"

DMD:"not telling, you haven't introduced yourself yet, i'm returning a call from an unknown number"

RW:"it's RW&C, can you confirm the number we called please"

(complete contempt in my voice from hereonin!)

DMD:"certainly, it's 07..................."

RW:"thank you, is this mr diskmandave?"

DMD:"it is, nice to talk to you this morning! "

RW:"why have you defaulted on your F&FS proposal that we accepted?"

DMD:"I didn't propose a F&FS, I asked you to make me an offer but you just jumped the gun and assumed i'ld automatically accept it at 50%"

RW:"are you in a position to pay this now to clear these arrears on your account?!

DMD:"no, you still haven't made me an offer to settle in full, you've just assumed that I will"

RW:"You must make sure you pay the increased payment you agreed to then"

DMD:"nope, both the prior were subject to you complying with my CCA request"

RW:"there's nothing on the system regarding that sir"

DMD:"I formed my letter so that you would reply to at least 2 of the 3 requests on it, which you have, you've also cashed the PO, and you signed for the letter which I have proof of, that's enough for a court"

RW:"the ****ty silence!"

RW:"i'll have to.."

DMD BUTTS IN:"you do know the law... do you?!" (old lowell joke!)

RW:"i'm going to have to pass this to our senior collections manager sir"

DMD:"she'll know the law, won't she?"

RW:"i'm going to put your account in dispute and pass this to our scm sir, I can't deal with this, thank you for calling today"

DMD:"it's been great talking to you to!"

click...............

Ho Hum.....! :rolleyes:

How to be made to feel 2 foot tall!

Went into YBS this morning.....

DMD: Go in, royally announce arrival, sit down & feel generally superior....

YBS; - Teresa: "Are you Mr DMD"?

DMD: "Yes thank you, I hope you've resolved my complaint"?

YBS: "The upshot of being the last bastion of the banking world, and storing documents on site for archive on demand... We have a DIP system which is basically a modern day microfische... to supply copies of signed documents that exceeds any reg's that U care to mention.....

DMD: "So it's your fault then"?

YBS: "Is this your signature on this ammendment document?

DMD: "OHH, POOHH!"

YBS: "So, we've put a cross in the wrong box, basic mistake, and you've signed the form after checking it properly then?!".....

Bottom line seems to be, they've mucked up, I signed it without checking, Teresa assures me she'll try to reverse it first thing Monday morning, won't hold my breath though!

Bother!!!!!

Dave/Anyone else

Have you heard anything back from Manchester Trading Standards?

I've heard nothing from RW&Co since I wrote to them telling them I had reported them to TS and gave them the name and phone number of the gentleman dealing with my case, so they could explain themselves in the clearest possible terms!

TF x

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Not heard a thing, but be aware that Mcr TS's covers a truly huge area. I know the site where they're based as I used to deliver there, in fact, I know my way around there well enough to hand deliver my complaint straight to the TS's office. The place is like a small town (more or less next door to Gorton Monastery).

Regards, Dave.

Aaah I see, it's hard to envisage just probably HOW huge their job is!

I was asked to forward all my evidence, it should tell them all they need to know to be honest, from my case point of view.

My main issue is partially resolved, they have stopped communicating with me but they have not removed the default they entered against me, Equifax & Experian both useless in this matter.

Cheers Dave x

TF x

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.