Diskmandave -v- Robinson, Way & Co - The Never Ending Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They called me again this morning! Quick references to OFT guidelines, FOS complaint & Manchester Trading Standards and he didn't want to talk anymore! upset.gif

Though at one point he did quickly say... Is this just about the lack of any documentation?! :lol:

THIS IS NOT A COURT DOCUMENT

THIS LETTER IS VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY YOU

We are sure you are as keen as us to ensure the OFT's guidelines regarding statute barred debts are adhered to. Because of this we wish to advise you of the following one-off settlement quote :

An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.

IF YOU CALL WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS , WE CAN OFFER A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TEXT IN THIS LAW THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO READ AND ARE PREPARED TO NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE RELEVANT PARAGRAPH.

ACT NOW ! If we do not receive a response from you we will have no alternative but to take no further interest in your scheme.

TELL US ! You must tell us if you cannot understand the Limitations Act 1980 . We WILL HELP YOU if we can . If you have a problem understanding this law or the office of fair trading guidelines on debt collection procedure regarding harassment , it is better to consult and be acquainted with than to simply ignore it.

THIS LAW WILL NOT GO AWAY. - IT MAKES SENSE TO READ IT IN FULL – NOW .

ARE YOU AWARE THAT YOUR NEGLECT TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE LAW COULD BE AFFECTING YOUR CREDIBILTY AND MAY IMPAIR YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN OR LOAN VALIDITY TO YOURSELVES AT A LATER DATE .

--------

Only one letter since my request for their complaints procedure, and a major step down from the earlier 'court action ' ultimatum . Now it is limited to 'take further action'. It is unspecified as to what . I hope they threaten me with a door collection agent , I hate this traffic in london and the congestion charges .. id want him here just to tell him to go away again, and knowing he spent all that time and money for his troubles :)

• Haha 1

Would love to see their faces or should that faeces when they read this. They will have to send for the monkey with the brain cell to translate it into DCA Idiotspeak. Maybe you should write the letter in CRAYON

• Haha 1

dear me. they have been collecting on this account for 8 years but dont have a CCA agreement............if you claimed back the payments you have made over 8 years at 8%.....

new car dave???

Can you actually claim back any money you have paid to a debt if there is no CCA?

I'm just starting this with a catalogue debt and Dave was kind enough to post on my thread, it's very interesting reading this :)

Lloyds TSB -Settled in full 30/08/06 :)

Now whoes next :)

Can you actually claim back any money you have paid to a debt if there is no CCA?

Very difficult as the money was paid voluntarily.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Very difficult as the money was paid voluntarily.

voluntarily?

'we will default you if you do not keep up repayments'

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

voluntarily?

'we will default you if you do not keep up repayments'

You would have to prove that you only made the payments because you were prssurised or diliberately mislead into making them.

deliberately misled:

RWC: we bought a debt and you must pay us

DMD: can i have the CCA?

(RWC send an application form/illegible CCA, so debt cannot be enforced)

RWC: we have sent the CCA so you must pay us

like I said, deliberately misled

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

deliberately misled:

RWC: we bought a debt and you must pay us

DMD: can i have the CCA?

(RWC send an application form/illegible CCA, so debt cannot be enforced)

RWC: we have sent the CCA so you must pay us

like I said, deliberately misled

Then as long as you are sure they will not be able to produce a valid CCA then try for a refund

As previously stated you would need to prove that the monies paid were paid under duress. Placing a default on your file if you don't pay hardly counts as duress.

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Threats of court action might be sufficient though
The problem with threats is that you must be prepared to see them through. Ask Clownells or RWC the country's leaders in computer generated threats

As previously stated you would need to prove that the monies paid were paid under duress. Placing a default on your file if you don't pay hardly counts as duress.

rory32

surely you must agree that threatening to put a default on a persons credit file/put a charging order on their property/threatening to send the bailiffs round/threatening to bankrupt a person would put said person 'under duress'....?

thus making them hand over payments 'under duress'...?

post office WON 12/11/06