Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Chezt, one question to you: should i add 8% after adding up court fees to the claim, or before i add the court fees?

Exsample:

(Ammount of claim: 32016.17+Fees: 45.32+Court fees: 120)*8%

Or

Ammount of (claim+ fees)*8%+ court fees?

Regards,

Maria

Sorry hun I don't quite understand your Q ... do you mean on one of your letters or POC?

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

Are vampiresses spreadies ok to use still if I have them saved? I don't want to use ones that don't work correctly. I am about to submit my claim to Barclays and want to make sure i'm doing things right.

Rob

MBNA **WON** at prelim stage £1518.30 :)

Barclays claim for £1800:- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 / Prelim sent 20/02/07 / LBA sent 08/03/07 / N1 submitted 29/03/07 / AQ Submitted 11/05/07 / Defence struck out 05/06/07 / Judgement Order filed 07/06/07 /Cheque received and cashed 14/06/07 £2692.00

If you have saved them, then they should work as well now as when you saved them. Whether or not it is OK to use them in your claim is a matter for CAG to decide. I cannot safely comment on that, for the reasons shown below.

I have to tell you that there is currently a dispute over the quality of my advice and opinion. Until such time that it is adequately resolved, I do not feel able to safely offer any assistance. I am so sorry.

Bill.

Thankyou Bill for your advice. I trust it to be sound advice and hope you resolve that dispute soon for the benefit of all members.

Your up late on the boards tonight. I thought I was the only one on here. Working nights has its benefits!!

MBNA **WON** at prelim stage £1518.30 :)

Barclays claim for £1800:- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 / Prelim sent 20/02/07 / LBA sent 08/03/07 / N1 submitted 29/03/07 / AQ Submitted 11/05/07 / Defence struck out 05/06/07 / Judgement Order filed 07/06/07 /Cheque received and cashed 14/06/07 £2692.00

RFisher. For what it's worth I am fairly certain in saying that Vamp's spreadsheets were only accurate up to the end of December. This is why they are due to be 'revamped'. I can't wait to go after Barclaycard when this dispute has been resolved so I will be thinking of you. Sally

For the thickies (including me) could someone give a definitive explanation of reclaiming and claiming interest and what you can claim of each.

I thought I had it sussed until I went on holiday, came back, and now there seem to have been developments that i'm struggling to get my head round.

Do I do 2 spreadies? One for each type of interest? I do believe I'm lost!!

I'm afraid I can't tell you how long this is going to take, Phatram. I have been posting this notice for the time being:

Just an announcement from Batty Bill here. Vampiress has announced that her Google Chambers will be closed for a while, as they are undergoing a "Re-Vamp."

A range of Simple Interest spreadsheets are available here (NB. these are not recommended for contractual interest claims):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

For those needing a compound interest spready, Mindzai's spreadsheet should be available here:

version v1.9

Spready guide:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-50088.html

Bill

Thanks Bill

All I get is page cannot be displayed.

If you need to calculate 8% simple, my sheet linked by bill above also does this if you are having problems getting hold of vamps ones.

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Afternoon,

I'm having a little trouble with my credit card spreadsheet, and i'm not sure if the figures are right!

I've been ok previously with a couple of card sheets, but this one seems to have an odd figure in the 'Penalties incurring interest column'. It seems to add up ok all the way until it suddenly takes the balance value, and i'm not sure why!

Is anyone willing to take a look please? It does it on vamps online, and also on the library excel spreadsheet.

Thanks

Mike

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

Afternoon,

I'm having a little trouble with my credit card spreadsheet, and i'm not sure if the figures are right!

I've been ok previously with a couple of card sheets, but this one seems to have an odd figure in the 'Penalties incurring interest column'. It seems to add up ok all the way until it suddenly takes the balance value, and i'm not sure why!

Is anyone willing to take a look please? It does it on vamps online, and also on the library excel spreadsheet.

Thanks

Mike

Could you have accidentally typed over the cell & typed over an important formula contained within?

If u look at the cell directly above the one you mention & see if there is a formula contained (it will show bottom right of your screen if it's the vamps) then go to the cell you have a query with & compare the detail ... there should only be a slight difference in what is contained which will be differing line numbers

Does that help? :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi there, after a bit of advice re. spreadsheets.

I have downloaded the simple excel sheet and input all my charges (the statements sent by halifax dont detail any reason for individual charges, just says, "charges as notified"). Is it ok to have every cell in the 'in respect of column' as this?

I have entered every single charge in this spreadsheet. Is this to calculate interest on the money that I have been without over the past six years or should it only relate to those charges concerning overdrafts/unauthorised overdrafts?

Sorry if this seems like a daft question but I am rubbish with figures and want to make sure I am not claiming too much or too little.

To recap: my spreadsheet contains all kinds of charges (unauthorised od's/missed dd's/bounced cheques/missed standing orders, etc). Can I claim interest on all of these items for the time Halifax has held my money or is it just concerning od's??

Hope you can help, Thanks very much in advance

It would be better if you listed the charges exactly what they were for.It usually tells you in your notification letter that you receive. If you have not got the letters I would not worry.

The answer to your second question is yes claim the charges all the way through whether you are in o/d or not.

And go for compounded contractual interest.

Welcome to the fold and good luck!!!!!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

Hi Chezt,

Thanks. I have just checked the formulas and they have been retained.

image.JPG

The formula in the column "Penalties incurring interest" is

=IF(I59>(D59-I59),(J58+C59),I59)

So it follows that for 06-sept-05 the amount is £40. However i'm not sure why for 04-Nov-05 the column takes the value of remaining balance? It gets this because the formula tells it too:

IF 147.02 > (530-147.02), (40+20), 147.02

Can anyone please advise. Happy to send full spreadsheet for advice.

MikeA

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

Is it ok to have every cell in the 'in respect of column' as this?

If that is the only info you have been provided with then yes just enter that detail

Can I just add that whatever interest you decide to claim back PLEASE make sure you research thoroughly so you understand 100%+ for if/when it goes to court - It's all well n good claiming Cont Comp Int but you must make sure you are able to explain fully the reason you think you are entitiled to it in front of a judge ... good luck :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi Chezt,

Thanks. I have just checked the formulas and they have been retained.

image.JPG

The formula in the column "Penalties incurring interest" is

=IF(I59>(D59-I59),(J58+C59),I59)

So it follows that for 06-sept-05 the amount is £40. However i'm not sure why for 04-Nov-05 the column takes the value of remaining balance? It gets this because the formula tells it too:

IF 147.02 > (530-147.02), (40+20), 147.02

Can anyone please advise. Happy to send full spreadsheet for advice.

MikeA

The remaining balance column is just your statement balance less whatever payment you sent & was deducted from your next statement .. is this what you mean?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi chetz,

I'm wondering why the 'Penalties incurring interest column' takes the value of the remaining balance suddenly (£147.02), when in the previous 2 months it was only £40. I understand the formula makes it do this, but i can't understand why :???:

Mike

Hi chetz,

I'm wondering why the 'Penalties incurring interest column' takes the value of the remaining balance suddenly (£147.02), when in the previous 2 months it was only £40. I understand the formula makes it do this, but i can't understand why :???:

Mike

Ahhhh Mike I see what you mean now! Looks like it may be a problem with the formula that calculates on the spreadhseet - Can't help with that one I'm afraid .. I would try & PM Vamps if I were you - she may be able to look in at the formula for you & see where it's going wrong

I would help if I could but I'm afraid the old 'japenese swearing' stuff is not really my thing mate!

I don't spose u have another version of the spreadsheet you could use to re-enter a few lines of info onto & test the theory that it is the forumla do you?

Sorry I can't help further :)

• Haha 1

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Thanks Chezt,

Will try a pm to vamp

Mike

Thanks bill-k,

I've tried CAG members however the links are broken. Has anyone got another URL or spreadsheet they can send me please?

I need a compounded contractual sheet for Credit Cards

Thanks

MA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks