Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope you're right Chezt cos I have sent all my prelims that way but LBAs are due to go out and I want to make sure they are right. Just when I thought I had it straight in my head, another thread leads me to think differently!:(

I'm sure it is 'cos as you've discovered it doesn't work any other way!

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again Mindzai. The spreadsheet wont seem to allow me to just enter the interest charged as the int on int box goes haywire on Vamps. I know your bank one is straight forward enough to do that on but the same doesnt seem to apply with Vamps.

Have you done a S/S for credit cards yet?

Any other ideas with Vamps?

You have to enter a statement balance in column G, before columns J, K & L can work out their results. Does that help ?

You have to enter a statement balance in column G, before columns J, K & L can work out their results. Does that help ?

Bill what redsonja means is that there are some months where there are no charges on the credit card account & therefore has made no entry line for these months ...... is this right?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

She must enter details for every month since her first penalty charge, as interest will be charged each month on the statement balance, which includes previous charges. It is only when/if the balance is completely paid off that interest is no longer being charged on the penalties.

But how do you do this on the credit card spready (vamps) ? I thought this was just on the bank account spreadies you entered lines for months where there are no charges?

Awww jeez don't tell me my claims are wrong too ....grrrr! :o (need a crying smiley!)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Sorry for delay folks. Screaming baby on my hands....just locked her in the filing cabinet! ;)

Basically I just wanted to check if Vamps no.16 S/S worked out the interest charged for all of the consecutive months because like you say Bill-k, the interest would include previous interest on charges etc. I read in a thread that you should put the charges in and then put all of the months where interest was charged on a separate line but I have only entered the charges with the assumption that the S/S somehow calculates all of the interest charged until now without having to put the single interest transactions in.

If you are supposed to list 60 transactions (5 years worth of interest) then the advanced spreadsheet wont let me do this. I know Mindzai's bank S/S will so i just wanted to check the S/S arent getting confused. My brain is working like Chezt's but need clarification.

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

Just to add Bill, Column L goes mad if you just enter figures in columns F, G & H

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

But how do you do this on the credit card spready (vamps) ? I thought this was just on the bank account spreadies you entered lines for months where there are no charges?

Awww jeez don't tell me my claims are wrong too ....grrrr! :o (need a crying smiley!)

After you have been charged your earliest penalty, then for every month you had a balance owing, you would have been charged interest on that balance. That balance included the penalties previously charged, so the interest you were charged included these as well. Whether or not there were any other transactions or penalties that month, you still got charged interest.

I wouldn't worry too much if you've missed months out, Chez. It will mean a slightly lower claim, but not too much lower, I reckon.

How do we enter the other months on the spready then Bill please as it wont seem to work. I had no idea we should be putting all the interest separately. It would increase a bit if its 5 years worth surely! Crikes.....that means I will have to amend all my spreadies again!!! This is doing my nut in lol (if I dont laugh about it I will cry!)

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Just to add Bill, Column L goes mad if you just enter figures in columns F, G & H

Column L calculates compound interest on the interest charged, and it need to know the date to do this. Make sure there is a date in column A, even if there is no penalty charge being entered on that line.

How do we enter the other months on the spready then Bill please as it wont seem to work. I had no idea we should be putting all the interest separately. It would increase a bit if its 5 years worth surely! Crikes.....that means I will have to amend all my spreadies again!!! This is doing my nut in lol (if I dont laugh about it I will cry!)

You should be able to extend the spready down by clicking on the last line, so it is shaded, and then "dragging" this line further down the sheet. It should copy all the formulae in the cells a you go. If you have more entries to make for interest than you have for charges, then work primarily on the interest side. Add the charges on the left side as and when they occur.

Well I'll be darned! Im sure I did that before and it went haywire but now it seems better although I have put interest in of £57.61 on 09.10.03 and balance was £889.79 and I paid off £25 the following month. Columns K & L now total £20 between them. Is this right cos my penalty of £25 in my 1st column only comes to a fiver and the date was earlier and the balance higher?

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Well I'll be darned! Im sure I did that before and it went haywire but now it seems better although I have put interest in of £57.61 on 09.10.03 and balance was £889.79 and I paid off £25 the following month. Columns K & L now total £20 between them. Is this right cos my penalty of £25 in my 1st column only comes to a fiver and the date was earlier and the balance higher?

Not sure I understand all that, but the interest in K & L is on the accumulated totals of penaltied being charged interest on, and not just the penalty or interest on that line. Do you want to PM me, and send me a copy of your spready, so I can see what's what ?

If you dont mind Bill cos it doesn't look right to me. I would say that maybe a note that we should put all the interest in the spreadies should maybe go in Vamps chambers cos I reckon a lot of people would have done it like me.

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

If you dont mind Bill cos it doesn't look right to me. I would say that maybe a note that we should put all the interest in the spreadies should maybe go in Vamps chambers cos I reckon a lot of people would have done it like me.

I agree - there are spready instructions there, and some here, but I think a re-Vamp of those is perhaps needed, too.

Has anyone done an N1 with contractual interest? How about an N1 with a partial payment made? I know I'm being a complete idiot, but these things are stopping me from moving forward (and court-ward!).

I know I'm just tying myself in knots, but I'm so flummoxed- I've only used mcol before (and you don't want to know the state I got in over that).

There is a reason the doc put me on anti-anxiety meds!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Bill,

Quick question. If i don't fill out the interest part of the spreadsheets does it matter? I know it will probably mean a lower claim but would this go against me? Its just i'm not 100% sure how to fill it in. :(

Regards,

Rob

MBNA **WON** at prelim stage £1518.30 :)

Barclays claim for £1800:- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 / Prelim sent 20/02/07 / LBA sent 08/03/07 / N1 submitted 29/03/07 / AQ Submitted 11/05/07 / Defence struck out 05/06/07 / Judgement Order filed 07/06/07 /Cheque received and cashed 14/06/07 £2692.00

I have been opening my spreadsheet by going to vampiresses chambers and following the link to the spready i want...now that the first post has been edited and there is no link to the chambers, i can't get to my spready!!!(clicking on the relevent link on first post just comes up with page unavailable!!!)

Can someone point me in the right direction(spready 13 i am using) as i really need to update and get my LBA off..

many thanks

xx

willowthewysp

Action so far...

:!: Alliance and Leicester>>>PAID IN FULL:D

:!: Capital One>>>£1025.19

07nov06>sent S.A.R....

01dec06>statements received...

27jan07>sent pre-lim...

10feb07>sent LBA...

Court claim has been sent...waiting reply

:!: Payment Protection on Capital One>>>

23dec06>refund credited to account!

I have been opening my spreadsheet by going to vampiresses chambers and following the link to the spready i want...now that the first post has been edited and there is no link to the chambers, i can't get to my spready!!!(clicking on the relevent link on first post just comes up with page unavailable!!!)

Can someone point me in the right direction(spready 13 i am using) as i really need to update and get my LBA off..

many thanks

xx

If you are saying you have already opened an account & downloaded a sheet & saved with your details on then just follow this link & it should take you to your saved spreadies no probs ...

http://docs.google.com

Hope that helped :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Willow, you wont be able to get in via Vamps as her chambers are closed at the mo. You should get it through Google as Chezt says.

Chezt - Have you recovered from the interest nightmare that we didn't do on our spreadsheets?

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Willow, you wont be able to get in via Vamps as her chambers are closed at the mo. You should get it through Google as Chezt says.

Chezt - Have you recovered from the interest nightmare that we didn't do on our spreadsheets?

NO!!!!!!!! :-x I can't believe after all this time my sheets are wrong! I think as you say there needs to be more detailed instructions on the opening pages ... I reakon to be good on spreadies n thought I was 'in the know' & I didn't know that for credit card lists! just goes to show eh!

I'm gonna sit & amend one tonight & see what difference it makes before deciding whether to amend mine or not 'cos I'm so far in with my claims & have already changed one or two to claim unauthorised rates etc. i really don't think it's gonna make much difference 'cos TBH there were charges most months anyway.

Sooo i now have a Q ... On the months where there are no charges I take it a line should read like this ...

Transaction date (date interest was added)

Charge reason (blank as there was no charge)

Penalty charged - zero

Interest charged - interest amount on that statement

Statement balance - closing balance on that statement

Amount Paid - Monies sent that month

Oh the fun we have ........... :D

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Are Vamps new sheets nearly ready or shall I just try using Mindzais bank one?

POWER TO THE APE

If it's for a credit card then Mindzais is just designed for use on a bank account ... Bill has downloaded access to a few of the vamps sheets in excell format into his signature though if that helps:)

EDIT: Oh it's not there now ... I'll see if I can find the link for you

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

If it's for a credit card then Mindzais is just designed for use on a bank account ... Bill has downloaded access to a few of the vamps sheets in excell format into his signature though if that helps:)

EDIT: Oh it's not there now ... I'll see if I can find the link for you

Here you go ...

Just an announcement from Batty Bill here. Vampiress has announced that her Google Chambers will be closed for a while, as they are undergoing a "Re-Vamp"

Mindzai's spreadsheet will not be affected by this, and should still be available.

For those needing compound interest spreadies, this is available for download, along with Excel versions of Vamp's Recommended #5 and #16 spreadies here:

http://www.cagmembers.go2.to/

Spready guide:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/post-50088.html

Hope this helps you get on your way! :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks