UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Completely ignore them. You shouldn't have contacted them in the first place really - there is no appeals process. It's a [problem].

It doesn't matter if you were parked in the middle of the road doing the hokey kokey on the bonnet and they had HD footage - it's just an unenforceable invoice. They haven't got a legal leg to stand on and they won't take you to court.

Just ignore anything you receive - they'll go away soon. I wouldn't even bother responding to any debt collection letters. What's the point? Nothing will ever come of this.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

theyve now passed my fine on to a debt collection agency called rossindales, the git even rang me on my home number somehow, and are adamant that im legal responsible as the owner of the car for the fine even though they cant proove it was me who parked it on a disabled space in b+q carpark. starting to annoy me now tbh. they say if ur disputing it to reply with ur dispute by post etc, but id have to make sure i was giving the right info legislations etc, as i dont want to drop myself in it lol.

UKPC are al over you as you wrote back and said it was you in the car. they see that as overcoming the hurdle of establishing the driver- as it does. But there are other hurdles..

Ah, Rossendales. even the BBC has been all over them.

report the harassing calls to BT and get them blocked.

until then record all the calls you get from them.

as they are also real bailiffs and have a licence to protect report them to the SIA for breach of code.

and copy it to the OFT.

"The OFT declare that such resort by a company to a debt

collector will have no basis in law unless the other party has a contract

which specifically stipulates that the company may resort to such, we have no such contract."

and your MP, and the local paper.

meanwhile don't pay.

I would probably write a slightly modified standard letter so that you had some nice paperwork you can hold against them. DO you already have any paperwork from Rossendales ?

while getting your head around this lot please explain more about "the side of the road". where was the vehicle stopped ? (use google maps if you like).

who runs the CCTV ?

There seems to be a lot of people still being scared by these parasites.

to clarify the situation:

1 parking on private property is not subject to Road Traffic Act legislation and any disputes concerning parking on private car parks are subject to civil law.

2 Terms such a PCN and fines are reserved under RTA but private parking companies love to use them to frighten people.

3 Any alleged contract can only be between the landowner and his agent(the private parking company) and the driver of the vehicle committing the ALLEGED infringement.

4 If the PPC believes a breach of contract has occurred they apply to DVLA for the details of the Registered keeper and they then write to him/her claiming ridiculous amounts of money for what they term penalty or even fines.

5 If the registered keeper feels it is necessary to reply to these "invoices" then they should simply state "any alleged contract is with the driver to whom any further corresondence should be addressed.

Contrary to what the PPC will say,the RK is not responsible for parking and is under no legal obligation to disclose who was the driver However, under no circumstances should you say "I was not driving " unless that is true

6 If the PPC does decide to issue proceeding in the County Court they will have to prove who was driving the vehicle.

7 Until they do there can be no judgement against the driver and consequently no County Court Judgement,award of damages or anything else.

Until a CCJ is awarded AND NOT PAID there can be no adverse credit report.

8 The only cases to date which have been won by a PPC- and there are very few - were on the basis that the case was not defended adequately

9 Blue badge bays and others similarly marked are purely advisory and have no legal significance in a private car park.

10 PPC's cannot prosecute you they can only claim in the County Court.

I hope this helps those of you who are tempted to pay.

The advice is DON'T . Just get back on here or Pepipoo for all the help you need.

Edited by dipperdonut
spelling

HELP! the fine has been passed onto churchill financial services. My dad is screwing at me, as it was in his name. They're telling my dad that they are going to send someone round as doorstop collection. I told them he wasnt the driver of the vehicle etc they said it doesnt matter.

Help me my dad is screwing at me, and he will beat anyone that comes round the house

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

Me Vs 3 = 0-1 :-(

and he will beat anyone that comes round the house

LOL - that's great.

Seriously though, have you told your dad it's a [problem] and not to enter into a discussion with these people? Having said that, it's extremely rare for them to visit your house. Why waste £10 on petrol on the off chance they'll be in. It's not good business sense.

If they ring, just hang up and complain to BT if they persist.

BT won't do anything. It's not 'illegal' for anyone to call you. They've been told you owe the money, so they're doing their job, nothing more. That said, be polite and firm - there IS no debt, you have no intention of paying, and you have a VERY large dog that hates strangers.

churchill financial services has been dissolved ! its last return was on 18/11/2005

company no Company No. 02952282

look here

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

sounds like more [causing problems]. do you have paperwork from CFS ? is so please scan it, take out personal details and post it up.

it could be Fraud...

tell your dad

LOL - that's great.

Seriously though, have you told your dad it's a [problem] and not to enter into a discussion with these people? Having said that, it's extremely rare for them to visit your house. Why waste £10 on petrol on the off chance they'll be in. It's not good business sense.

If they ring, just hang up and complain to BT if they persist.

Agree with the above. Get your father to read the Private Parking Charges in the stickies section.

If your father is genuinely worried about them calling then he can write to them explicitly withdrawing common law permission to call at his house.

They have no more power to enter a house than you or I. You could tell them to go F*** themselves if they come calling. In addition if they do come calling then you can call the police and request their removal.

These DCAs make a living scaring and intimidating people into paying but there are plenty of laws to stop them.

OFT guidelines state that a debt must be referred back to the client if a DCA discovers it is disputed.

You've also got Section 40 of the Administration of Justice 1970 and the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 to disuade them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

churchill financial services has been dissolved ! its last return was on 18/11/2005

company no Company No. 02952282

look here

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

sounds like more [causing problems]. do you have paperwork from CFS ? is so please scan it, take out personal details and post it up.

it could be Fraud...

tell your dad

theyr in exeter not kent though, will still get a copy of the letter scanned on

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

only other CFS on companies house is

CHURCHILL FINANCIAL SERVICES (GRIMSBY) LIMITED

107 CLEETHORPE ROAD

GRIMSBY

NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE

DN31 3ER

Company No. 04230569

so it still looks dodgy.

ok i cant get a copy of the letter yet cus my dad has gone to reading for the weekend, and taken the letter with him. i was lookign on the internet for there address but he has text me its

Rossendales

Hardman Mill

New Hall

Hey Road

Rawenstall

Rossendale

Lancashire

BB4 6HH

But it says its from Churchill Recovery Services

Reg England Number 5070065

Consumer Credit License Number 553478

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

Third name...

Co House only has

CHURCHILL RECOVERY SOLUTIONS LTD.

UNIT 21 CHADKIRK BUSINESS PARK

CHADKIRK ROMILEY

STOCKPORT

SK6 3NE

Company No. 04785274

A seach by company number 05070065

gives us Rossendales

ROSSENDALES COLLECT LIMITED

3RD FLOOR, HARDMAN MILL

NEW HALL, HEY ROAD, RAWTENSTALL

ROSSENDALE

BB4 6HH

Company No. 05070065

so maybe a trading name.

maybe they have figured out that "Rossendales" cuts no ice.

still want to see the scan when you can do it. there are well known laws about what has to go on business stationary. Not to mention the nice new consumer protection law that just came in.

my dad and mum who is disabled parked in b&q old kent road on valentines day. yesterday my dad who is 70 received a parking ticket from ukpc because his back wheel was touching the line between bays. i took this up today and went to b&q to complain. the lady there gave me a tel. no. for ukpc

TELEPHONE REBECCA ON 020 7087 5626

give Rebecca your complaint and she will deal with it. she has cancelled the false charge set upon my mum and dad. the lady in b&q told me that ukpc dont want us to have this no.

message to ukpc: you are parasites picking on vunerable people. what comes around goes around. YOU ARE ****. why not come and meet me in the car park.

also be careful visiting this place, there were about 20 eastern europeans in the car park today begging. apparently this is ongoing and a regular occurance.

WHY DIDNT THEY GET A TICKET?!?! LOL

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

Having sent the shop receipt and the letter from UKPC saying that with a shop receipt they would drop the PNC to Rossendales Collection (after sending the receipt to UKPC in the first place) got a letter this week from Churchill Recovery Solutions.

This letter says it's the second one (it's the first) and that I have seven days to reply or "collection procedures will continue". Closer inspection shows the address is Rossendales Collections and the email is [email protected]

You'd have thought that if I hadn't paid up six months ago I'm hardly likely to start now.

I know that they never take anyone to court (because they'd lose) but I wonder if anyone has taken them to court for emotional stress, harrasment, threatening behaviour, etc. Whether it would make it more fun if it were a class action suit. UKPC taken to court by 1200+ people looking for damages. How much to put them out of business??

thats a tricky one because the leasing company could pay the invoice and then bill you plust costs.

Well they could, but they'd be very stupid.

All that would mean that instead of a private parking company trying to issue you with an unenforceable invoice, the leasing company would instead.

Even if your leasing contract says you agree to pay any charges or fines, you cannot be held party to this because you can't agree to a contract to pay something unenforceable. If the company had given a ticket for £1000 would the leasing company pay and expect you to reimburse them?

On the upside, you'll be able to safely contact the leasing company and inform them of the situation and how they've been scammed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks