ECP ANPR PCN - overstay - Pitsea Retail Park Basildon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just redact anything that they can use to ID you here as an anon user.

like name address, reg, ref no's, pcn no. barcodes/qrcodes. not every single time/date/figure.......

how can we check anything is correct or not.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to ECP ANPR PCN - overstay - Pitsea Retail Park Basildon

Is it possible, with it being the evening, that the idiots have a no-parking period after a certain time of day?

Mind you, presumably the fast-food outlets were still open.

Which shops or restaurants did you visit?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Excellent.  So that's proof that outlets were open.  No way is 45 minutes or whatever limit they've made up a reasonable time to have a meal in a restaurant.

The very best thing you can do, if possible, is to go back and take photos of the signs.  Good idea.

Please fill in the sticky.  It's perfectly possible the fleecers haven't respected the timescales for keeper liability.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Having a quick look on street view it seems like Max stay is 3 hours between 06:00-00:00 and 00:00-06:00 is 1 hour. This was as of August 2018 but I can't imagine them clamping it down that much considering there's 2 supermarkets in the area as well as the restaurants.

Who can do their shopping in 45 minutes?

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for posting the PCN you received. However there was a fair amount missing-probably on the back of the PCN. It is information telling you that if payment is not made within 28 days they will have the right to transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. It may also quote from the Protection of Freedoms Act. 

They often get the wording wrong so that the keeper does not become liable for the charge. That is dependent on them not being told who was driving hence the reason we are asking to see your appeal in.case you admitted being the driver.

So could you please post up the whole PCN minus your details and the car reg.

• 2 weeks later...

1 Date of the infringement -23/07/23

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] -28/7/23

3 Date received - not sure .

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] no

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here

7 Who is the parking company? Euro car Park.

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town Pitsea Retail park BASILDON

Also this time I have received a NTK ON 27/8/23 demanding the outstanding  balance 

NTK.pdf

no its a final demand letter.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep, ignore the fleecers.

What about the pix of the signage you said you were going to take?

• 4 weeks later...

so what!

a dca is not a bailiff 

and has

ZERO  legal powers on ANY debt no matter WHAT it's type

read up before panicking during the down times 10'000 of like threads here already

dx

and they

There is a 5-minute consideration period to read the signs and a 10-minute grace period to leave the car park, and you were within these times.

That's not to mention that a 45-minute limit is an unreasonable term when there are food outlets.

This attempt at fleecing is going nowhere.

That said, if you can, get the retail park to intervene and call off their dogs.  I've Googled and can't find a damn webpage or e-mail address for them.

On 03/10/2023 at 12:42, Reds123 said:

they have a time limit of 45 minutes outside the regular hours.

Highly dubious...

You've had to guess/interpret what the (deficient) sign means.

What the signage LITERALLY says is...

"MAXIMUM STAY 45 MINUTES (OUTSIDE OF THESE HOURS)"

Outside of what hours?

Why should the reader have to guess/interpret what they mean?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

It looks as if the notice is at the entrance to the car park. There is an awful lot of information to observe in the short time that  a motorist drives through. So seeing there is a three hour stay is probably all that most motorists need and don't even pick up on the other part of the sign that limits the time to 45 minutes. 

The PCN is not compliant as it misses out a key piece of information . Schedule 4 Section 9 [2][e] "(i)to pay the unpaid parking charges; 

As they haven't invited the keeper to pay the charges on behalf of the driver  ECP  cannot  transfer the charge for the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now liable for the charge. Good luck to finding the driver when so many people are allowed to drive your car. All you have to do is not to give away ho was driving.  Always describe yourself as the keeper, never "I" and never admit you were driving if you were the driver.

Edited by lookinforinfo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This is the response from the management of the retail park “

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you. I needed to check with our Facilities Manager, what the exact parking restrictions are.

You will see below a photo of the signage, where it clearly shows that at 17:00 on Sunday the maximum stay is 45 minutes. This is to prevent anti-social behaviour and at that time only KFC and McDonalds are open. When the other tenants are open there is a maximum of 3 hours. “.

So a complete shirking of their responsibilities.

Anyway, 45 minutes isn't enough time to park, queue, order and eat a meal so this is going nowhere - it's an unfair term.

Get onto the local council and see how long for parking is stated in the planning permission for the site - as Homer says. I bet it isn't 45 minutes.