UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanx Barnsley Boy in my letter i stated that there were no signs anywhere and informed them that i have taken photo's of the area i have received a letter from roxburghe telling me that they are dealing with the debt when i spoke to them and informed them that we have had nor reply to our appeal letter and that they would not talk to my company about the offence they informed me that they do not work like that where do i stand do i pay the fine or ignore the fine i have not sent anymore letters to them.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a private road. Lines have no meaning.

Signs saying "if you do £x, you agree to pay £xx" are legal tosh.

There is no appeals process. Never write to these numpties and they go away affter 5 or 6 letters.

It makes no difference. They've paid £2.50 for your details and it's worth a punt to keep on sending you a few more letters on the off chance you're an old lady who will be scared into paying, for example.

I've recently got a "Notification Of Unauthorised Parking" for parking over a white line, even though cars were still parked either side of me, so not exactly blocking anything... Luckily I saw these fools on watchdog. Without seeing that program I wouldn't have looked up this forum thread and probably paid the fine unwittingly. THANK YOU BBC!

Thanks guys for a very uplifting thread worthy of everyone to read... Now I can sit back and watch them make their empty threats in due course :D

I wish there was a way you could opt for your details to be protected at the DVLA from any public member. I'm surprised there isn't a way already under the data protection act in some manor. That would screw these idiots up..

H i guys following on from my parking ticket saga at ashton moss today rerceived a c all from roxburgh collection agency asking why i have not opaid the fine told them straight not paying it end of story they replied by telling me that it would be passed to the solicitors and expect a letter

cant wait !

I'm surprised there isn't a way already under the data protection act in some manner.

So I am. The problem is that you need someone with the time, money and inclination to challenge it.

Well, there are very good reasons why the RK details SHOULD be made available to third parties, especially if it helps track down someone who damaged your car and you have no other way of finding out. The DPA provides exclusions to allow for this.

HOWEVER, just as the Electoral Register has an 'opt out' for those that wish their details to be used for electoral (and now credit checking) purposes, I think a similar opt out for those who do not wish their Registeredinformation passed to firms whose aim is to generate income (fake 'fines' etc). It's not rocket science, and a shame no MP is interested in promoting it.

It was interesting to see the DVLA on watchdog about it and their response, which to be fair, does, as you have said, have some justifiable reasons. However, the problem I see is that it is very vague about who and why people can have the information. Basically anyone can get that information with an excuse, and I can see it being very difficult for the DVLA to know for sure that the information will be used in the correct manor.

In your example, if someone hits your car, that should go through the police authorities as criminal damage (?) whom should have access to DVLA details, of course.

With these private parking firms, if they actually have legal rights to charge people (that being the keeper of the vehicle), which according to all this information they simply do not, then surely the DVLA shouldn't give the information out. These firms would therefore not have a valid means to obtain your details which is in breach of the DVLA terms of releasing information.

Edited by Yay4UKPC

It's interesting to see the list of DVLA approved organisation types that can get this information.

Vehicle manufacturers

Solicitors

Housing associations

Banks

Finance companies

Private individuals

Vehicle repair workshops

Petrol Stations

Insurance companies and loss adjusters

Private investigators

British embassies and consulates

Other UK and crown dependent registration authorities

Motor Insurance Bureau

Legal aid agencies

Court appointed bailiffs and debt recovery agencies

Car park enforcement companies

Local authorities and their agents

NHS Trusts

Bodies with a statutory enforcement role

Other government departments and agencies

They obviously think joe public and car park companies should have that information..

DVLA hides behind 'reasonable cause' which handily has no legal definition.

Show the DVLA that the PPC is acting unreasonably and has no reasonable cause - you should also demonstrate to the DVLA the statutes that the PPC is breaking. Ask the DVLA to strike the PPC struck off its list.

When the DVLA don't strike the PPC off - and they won't as they love and need all those £2.50s - then take the whole thing to the ICO.

I got the charge certificate today. Obviously streamlined the con because that came through quick..

Unbelievable they can justify £45 or £90 after 14 days for a car being just over a whiteline, even though cars were still parked either side too.

Well, they'll have to add me to the list of "no chance of threatening money from"

So, it seems like people suggest two courses of action.. send the template letters, or do nothing at all?

Edited by Yay4UKPC

That's what they suggest. Ask yourself this, though. Since UKPC simply use these tickets as a revenue earner to justify their existance, what benefit would there be in sending a template letter?

Would a reasoned argument make them see sense, or simply give them the impetus to continue pursuit?

Ignoring them does two things (a) indicates your contempt for their business 'model' (b) provides thgem with no information or confirmation that the RK was the driver, all they have is what the DVLA told them.

Now, which do YOU think is the more sensible option? :)

Edited by buzby

Will ignore them and post a sensored thread of letters once the situtation is over.

People can then see exactly what to expect over the threat and hassle timescale.

Thats not a bad idea.

Although a trawl through this thread should give people an idea of what to expect.........i.e. lots of bluster but not much action....a bit like the house of commons on a good day. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D

I'll actualy scan them in and post on a free public site in chronological order.

This way people can actually see the real things than some extracts. Come to think of it.. isn't there a Wiki starting on this site? I could post it there..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there....first time posting so please be gentle:grin:

I recently hired a van to travel down south. I had the van for a week and was in England (I'm from Scotland) for that period. I have now been back for a month and have now received a letter from UKPC. It states that I had parked in a taxi rank in the same town as I hired the van from and have subsequently issued me with a civil traffic enforcement notice for £40 (if paid within 14 days or £80 if not paid within this period).

On the day of the alleged offence I was in England as my bank statement will testify. I'm not too sure what to do with this. The letter has a picture of the van, with the correct number plate of the van which I had hired during this period. Do I send a letter back disputing this charge and supply a copy of my bank statement as well as various receipts which I still have from the english town I was staying in?

I'm a bit worried what will happen if I don't pay, but I wasn't even in Scotland at the time. Should I ask them to provide evidence as the picture could not have been taken on the date it claims....should I contact a lawyer.....should I go to the police. I'm not sure where to go with this...any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any responses:cool:

I did contact the van hire company when I received the letter...the guy said he gets these letters all the time and didn't seem too concerned about the number plate side of things. He said he generally tells them to take him to court (for the parking charge) and just forgets about it. I'm not that brazen though and a bit worried about what to do with the fine. Oh and the van in the picture had the same van hire logo on it as the van I had hired...so if it was cloned it must have been related to the company themselves.....although I'm more concerned about the parking charge rather than the number plate...if it was my own vehicle then perhaps that side of it would be concerning me more.

Thanks for the reply

Ignore the "fine" (request for your hard earned money). You don't have to do anything. Basically it's a [problem]. They've asked you for money for a reason that you are not legally obliged to pay for. They'll just make it seem like you have to. I'm going through the process too at the moment.

They'll eventually give up. In the meantime, don't send anything.. esspecially money! Post up what you recieve and people will tell you everything you do or don't need to do.

Edited by Yay4UKPC
not a fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks