UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they asking for recovery of the 'notice' not the money. I would be tempted to send them a photocopy of it with a 'happy to oblige with this request' note. and a smiley face on it even. ask them why they are threatening court action for recovery of this piece of paper. with a bill for photocopying, postage, stationary and time....

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they asking for recovery of the 'notice' not the money. I would be tempted to send them a photocopy of it with a 'happy to oblige with this request' note. and a smiley face on it even. ask them why they are threatening court action for recovery of this piece of paper. with a bill for photocopying, postage, stationary and time....

Nice one Lamma, that is what the wording says.

Return it without a stamp of course.

oh no, put a stamp on it. it would be worth it for the expression on their faces when they read the letter and see the invoice that they have. I would change "'happy to oblige with this request'" to "happy to perform this task for you" makes the time charge more reasonable.

I started to write a letter back to Rossendales then I thought why am I wasting my time? by the looks of what everyone else is saying it won't make any difference anyway. My last letter to UKPC reminded them that there are not backed by the road traffic act, I also reminded them of section 40 of the administration of justice act but it didn't stop them from pushing forward with the debt collection thing.

The last letter from UKPC said that there were sufficient signs within the area and that my PCN was on hold whilst on appeal but still said that I could settle at the reduced rate provided payment is received at their address within 7 days, what a joke! how can it be on appeal and them still demand payment! Even better, they said that as a gesture of goodwill they would cancel the PCN if I could provide shopping receipts showing that I was on the retail park. I reminded them that I was not the driver of the vehicle so how could I provide shopping receipts?!! Just a poor attempt by them to get me to incriminate myself.

Well, as far as I'm concerned they can take me to court, there's no way I'm paying a penny!

you guys are fantastic!! of course!! 'recovery' of the notice!! ha ha ha!!:D

I think I may actually reply to this after all, how about...

Dear Sir/Madam,

I will happily comply with your request to recover the 'notice' issued by UKPC, however due to legal reasons I have retained the origional and trust that a photocopy will satisify you.

I have also enclosed a 'Civil admistration charge certificate' to invoice you for my time in this matter, the charge is £135. Failure to make payment within SEVEN days from the date of this letter may result in an application to the County Court for a judgement against you, which may incur further costs increasing the balance owed.

etc etc

I wonder how that would go down??!!

I will knock up a proper letter and post it here before sending it, I may even knock up an official looking 'Civil Admin Charge Notice' that may look very similar to what UKPC sent to me just for effect!! I think I may enjoy this this round!!

Cheers all;)

Edited by finefight

How about (and make the costs reasonable) " Dear Susan, I will be very happy to perform this task and so fulfill your request. I cannot provide the original but will be able to provide a photocopy. The costs you will incur for time and materials is estimated as follows. Postage and stationary costs = n.nn gbp Telephone costs = n.nn gbp Travel costs (48p per mile) = nn.nn gbp Time costs (nn.nn per hour) = nn.nn gbp =========== Total Cost = nn.nn gbp =========== Note the actual cost may vary from this estimate but is guaranteed not to vary by more than 50 percent (plus or minus). This will be payable payable with 7 days of receipt of the copy of the original Penalty Charge Notice as requested. If you wish the copy of the Penalty Charge Notice to be notarised as a true copy there will be additional charges to cover costs from the solicitor who notarises it. This would be passed on with no premium to this charge but will obviously incur time and materials costs. Once you confirm acceptance of these terms by return of post I will undertake the work. I expect fulfillment will take between three and five elapsed days to which you should add two days for normal first class post delivery. If you wish this to expedited sooner than this then a premium rate will apply to the time cost which will be double that quoted above. I estimate 5 hours plus or minus 50 percent. When you confirm acceptance please specify clearly if you want this task to be expedited."

Just for the interest of this forum here is the reply I got from the DVLA when I complained about them releasing my details to these conmen...

Thank you for your email.

Regulation 27 of the Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002 provides for the release of information to the police, to local authorities for purposes connected with the investigation of an offence or decriminalised parking contravention, and to anyone who can demonstrate ‘reasonable cause’ to have it.

DVLA considers that for landowners, or their agents, to take action against vehicles that contravene parking restrictions, trespass on private land or for the removal of vehicles abandoned on their land is reasonable cause to release information.

DVLA does not and cannot regulate any aspect of a company’s business. Therefore it has no influence over the length of time keepers are allowed to park or any aspect of the tickets issued. This is a matter between the land owner and the company it employs to manage the car park. These and any other representations should be made to the company.

DVLA’s interest in relation to any company’s set up is in the context of ensuring that we meet our duty to ensure that we are aware of who information is being released to, for what reason, and how that information will be used. Information may then be disclosed under the ‘reasonable cause’ provisions.

Whilst seeking to ensure that vehicle keeper data is released only in appropriate circumstances it is not a matter for the agency to decide on the merits of individual cases or to arbitrate in any civil disputes between two parties.

DVLA would be concerned if information were to be used for a purpose other than that it was requested for. If this were to occur, DVLA would ask the Information Commissioner to investigate the matter.

Regards

Miss H D Coleman

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 09/07/2008 23:01:00

To: DVLA

Subject: complaint 09/0708

I am writing to you to complain about the DVLA releasing my personal details to UKPC. This company is harassing me for money in connection with an alleged parking contravention on PRIVATE property. This company is gathering a huge number of complaints and are listed on many sites as conmen! I urge you to forward this complaint to a senior manager within the DVLA. I am very annoyed that my details have been released to a company that has no legal right to threaten me with fines and debt recovery agencies - which in case you didn't know are owned and controlled by the same people. More consumer complaints can be found at consumeractiongroup

you have to show the DVLA that the PPC is acting unreasonably. Include copies of the PPC rubbish and quote the relevant statutes. DVLA also reserves the right to examine the business of the requeting companies - ask if they have for your PPC. stronlgy suggest they need to in light of your letter and the broken statutes. copy the letter to your MP with a clear CC: in the heading of the DVLA's copy.

Having slept on it I have decided not to respond to Rossendales poxy letter, whilst the temptation to send them bills for my time etc is very high I'm not going to 'get into bed with devil' just yet. I suspect the next letter will be a final demand or similar, though interesting to note that they say that UKPC would apply for a CCJ and not Rossendales, hey ho!

I think the best course of action is hold on for now to see what happwns next

I hope after their waste of paper & postage they finally give up!

shame it's financed by those people who are frightened into paying and I have to say that if it wasn't for the info on this forum I would probably have paid myself, it does make me angry that these conmen are getting away with it:-x

I'll let you all know when the next letter arrives

TTFN

Hi

Having read this thread I thought I'd add my on experiences to this. I did originally post a new thread but thought it'd be better to add to this one - thanks to those who offered their invaluable advice!

Anyway, I was issued a parking charge certificate by UKPC for apparently parking in a staff area - which I do not believe I was.

I was in a bit of tizz about this & was prepared to send an appeal to them, until I found this website and asked if that would be the right thing to do.

I was advised not to do anthing and to ignore them.

That was last week, and today I have received their "final demand" letter stating if I do not pay, then it will be reffered to a debt collection agency.

Now I have got the 2nd letter, am I right to ignore them again - well ignore them forever really?

Thanks guys - your advice is much appreciated!

Oatbag :confused:

Do you normally reply to unsolicited mail and spam ? i thought not. Ignore. they will go away when they get fed up of spending money on letters with no sign of a responding victim. keep all their letters safe though. They breech lots of regulations which is good for us and bad for them:). that is how their business 'works' - and how it fails. poetic isn't it ?

Hi Oatbag,

If like me you've read this forum then you will understand the whole thing is based on contractual law, they have to prove that you were the driver of the vehicle at the time of the alledged contravention. Normally their signs states things like "DO NOT PARK HERE UNLESS YOU AGREE TO THE CONTRACTUAL CHARGES LISTED" and "CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT, THIS LAND IS STRICTLY FOR THE PARKING OF MOTOR VEHICLES THAT COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS LISTED BELOW" ....blah blah blah

I've had one 'Charge Certificate', one 'final reminder', one letter after I wrote to them where they tried to get me to implicate myself and one letter from the debt collection company - Rossendales. They can send as many letters as they like but until I get something that's legal and proper i.e. a court hearing then I'm not paying a penny and will continue to ignore them. Stand your ground!

Hi Finefight,

Just so I am up to speed on the current situation, have you had the, 'final demand', or the 'final, final demand', or the 'very final, final demand'?:D

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi Finefight,

Just so I am up to speed on the current situation, have you had the, 'final demand', or the 'final, final demand', or the 'very final, final demand'?:D

regards

Surely it's only going to be the final demand from this first company who will then pass it on to another company who may not even then yet be the final company who will be able to issue their own final demands before finally giving up and realising they won't be getting any money.... Finally :)

Well, I've had a final demand from UKPC, but not a final demand from the debt collectors - they just advised me not to ignore their letter and told me that it was in my interest to make full payment, oohhh I'm scared!!!

They sound like gangsters after their 'protection' money!!!

I wait to get a final demand from the debt people, then maybe the final, final demand followed by the final, final, final.....

I wonder how long they'll string this out for until they give up? Is there anyone on the forum who has completed the process from beginning to end, if so how long did it take and how many final demands were there (that includes final, final demands and final, final final demands!)

Maybe there should some forum awards for the person who has A) had the most tickets from these crooks and not paid a penny and B) the person with the most final demands!!!

Edited by finefight
sp

Thanks to the posts on this forum, I had good advice and acted accordingly so I feel I owe this site and it's users a big thanks, and here's my story, in the hope that it may help other people in similar situations in their defence against the bullies.

I parked in a leisure park car park in the West Midlands 1 saturday night in May 2008. I parked out of bay, apparently, but to me there were a line of cars legitimately parked and I joined them. We were bothering no one and obstructing no one.

Anyway, when I returned from the cinema, my car had a ticket on it with no fine amount but just a 'we'll be in touch' type message.

A few days later they sent a 'Charge certificate' for £45 and they made it look very official. I wrote immediately and stated my case. I admitted that I had parked there but that no one had been affected by me parking where I did, lots of other cars were in the same line and also that it was not clearly marked so I thought I was parking legitimately.

The response I got was from UKPC's 'PCN Appeals Dept' and was dismissive of my 'appeal' giving me a further 7 days to pay the reduced amount of £45. By this time I had read the posts on this forum and had understood what the law said about these private companies and I had decided I was NOT going to be bullied into paying. So I wrote back saying that they were to never write to me again unless to notify of cancellation of the amount owed and that I would not respond to any further correspondence. I also stated the law. I kept it all very minimal.

I got a final reminder demanding £90 and also attempting to look rather official. They also threatened to pass it on to a debt recovery agency if it was not paid in full. I kept to my plan and ignored them.

The next correspondence was from 'Rossendales Collect', a debt recovery agency. They were giving me 7 days to pay £135 or they would be applying for a CCJ against me. Strong words!

Before I had time to respond, they wrote again giving me a further 7 days and threatening once more. So I wrote back saying that this amount is in dispute and that they are required by law to refer this case back to their client.

The next letter I got from them was not in red lettering any longer, and read 'We thank you for your recent correspondence received in our offices. Please note we have now closed our file and forwarded your correspondence to our client for them to respond.'

BTW, I sent everything by recorded delivery.

That letter was dated 25 July 2008. It is now 7 Sept 2008 and I have not heard anything again from them. I feel it is safe to say that they have decided that I am one of the few that is a lost cause as I know the law and am not scared of them and they will cease their bullying tactics and give up.

There's lots on this site and on the net generally, about the law covering this sort of thing, and their stance is very weak and they rely heavily on scare tactics and looking like they are official fines BUT THEY ARE NOT so remember that.

Glad to be of assistance and thanks again to the consumer action group website and it's users!!

My message to you: Don't give up because they don't have a leg to stand on.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks