UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No, based on what everyone else recommends going through numerous of these, they suggest that replying to them will just get them to send you more and more crap, whereas ignoring it seems to have the same outcome but quicker and far less effort on your behalf.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the "Final Reminder" now that looks like a utility bill..

What is REALLY funny is that it actually says you don't have to pay on it! Ok, not directly, but if you read the first two points it makes about why they sent the "charge certificate". (Because it's like winning a prize)

1. This Notice to Owner has been sent to you, as the registered owner/keeper of the vehicle because a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) was issued to the vehicle as shown above and to date full payment has not been received.

2. The driver was allowed 14 days to pay a discounted sum. Any sum already paid, was received outsite the discount period.

blaa blaa blaa

So, they are actually admitting in black and white that the notice is sent to the owner/keeper, but the charge is for the driver ;)

Failure to pay the increased amount will result in UK Parking Control Ltd (yay!) forwarding the outstanding debt to a Debt Recovery Agency where you may incur additional costs.

I love the word "may".. it runs along side those other great words of "should", "might", and "probably not".

Also why does Debt Recovery Agency need Captial Letters. May Be They Want To Highlight A Threat Without Being Blatently Obvious About It?

I got a ticket from Parkforce "The UK parking enforcement agency" in August 2007 because my vehicle was parked in a private car park.

Wrote to them and did not dispute that the car was there but stated i was not the driver please contact him.

A month later another letter stating i had not paid and the fine was increasing from £60 to £85, i wrote back enclosing original letter telling them contact the driver.

Two weeks later they then wrote back stating "I refer to your recently issued parking ticket and subsequent appeal" with a lot more blurb on it so i wrote back enclosing a copy of my original letters and stating i was not appealing against anything please see enclosed original letters and contact the driver.

A month later and another "you must not ignore this notice" letter arrived and the "fine" had increased from £85 to £135 because of administration charges, again i wrote back enclosing copies of all original letters stating the same thing, contact the driver.

Then three months later a letter from a debt collection agency demanding payment, threatening court, bailiffs, increased costs and other such nonsense, i wrote back to them advising that the "fine" is in dispute and to refer it back to the issuer.

That was the last I've heard up to now, the last letter, from the collection agency was about three months ago so from August 2007 to August 2008 I've had about four letters from the parking agency and one from a debt collector.

If you get any of these tickets i would reply to them as this gives you proof that you have responded and not just ignored them but i would definitely not pay them a penny, and don't worry about their official looking letters, anyone can write an official looking letter.

It isn't worth the paper its written on.

Now you've replies though, you've wasted time and energy and you're a hooked fish :D

They know their letters are reaching somebody, so be prepared for a fair few letters yet!

As you've demonstrated, appeal letters are completely disregarded.

Don't forget that those Debt Collection Agencies (Note the unnecessary capitals) don't have any right to obtain money from you either. They are NOT court baliffs. Usually they are just some firm run by the parking firms brother or uncle or something.

You don't have to reply because there is nothing to say.

I'm not going to send them anything with mine. I'll keep everyone posted with anything sent through, and will finally post up a list of letters they will send others in chronicle order.

I'm sadly getting excited about which letter I'll get next :)

Interesting that these "people" can get your name and address! For £2.50?? Interesting that the DVLA sells your details. Are they not in breach of DPA/ NEGLIGENCE! The instances when PPC will request another PPC to "electronically" check RK details with DVLA.

My view sue the f%%king DVLA for 10million for "sending" the wolf to the door, helping them harass and humiliate the RK!! And not the driver, who is responsible!

Rant over.

latest update : have recieved a NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION from Graham White solicitors which is the trading name of Michael Sobell solicitors.

The fee has now gone up tp £142.25 and they are informing me if i do not reply within 7 days they may instruct Baliffs to attend my property.

i have so far ignored 2 letters that i have recieved and this being the 3rd do i still ignore them or write to them? and has anyone else recieved letters from this GRAHAM WHITE SOLICITORS trading name for MICHEAL SOBELL?

We know 'Graham White' very well.

Expect two letters before they give up and go away.

Bailiffs (or more correctly, debt collectors) won't turn up. Without a court order after you've been to court, lost and refused to pay, they have no more powers than you or I and can merely knock on your door and ask for your money.

It's a waste of time and they know it. Unless you live a couple of streets away from the debt collectors. nobody will be coming round.

GRAHAM WHITE sounds familiar..

I love the letter count :D

"INTENDED" - They love to, but can't.. ..Also a bailiff must be legally authorised to collect the debt on behalf of the creditor. The authority is normally known as a 'warrant', or 'warrant of execution' if the bailiff is recovering money owed under a county court judgment. They can't take you to court without a legal reason to do so, and they don't have one, so they won't!

If you are in arrears (which this company is pretending you are), creditors will sometimes send representatives to your home to try and negotiate repayments with you. These people might be called 'counsellors', 'collectors' or 'advisers'. They do not have powers to enter your home and seize your goods.

Edited by Yay4UKPC

ok so basically i should just carry on ignoring them and keep the letters they send, if anyone comes over just say the fine is in dispute!

god i hope no one comes round :(

It's highly unlikely you'll see anyone. They can't afford to send people to houses when they can't collect money. The "collector" will usually get a percentage of the collected funds, and they won't want to waste their time chasing cases that would result in nothing to collect.

ok so basically i should just carry on ignoring them and keep the letters they send, if anyone comes over just say the fine is in dispute!

god i hope no one comes round :(

It's not a 'fine' - don't call it a fine, only courts issue 'fines', it is a penalty charge.

latest update : have recieved a NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION from Graham White solicitors which is the trading name of Michael Sobell solicitors.

The fee has now gone up tp £142.25 and they are informing me if i do not reply within 7 days they may instruct Baliffs to attend my property.

i have so far ignored 2 letters that i have recieved and this being the 3rd do i still ignore them or write to them? and has anyone else recieved letters from this GRAHAM WHITE SOLICITORS trading name for MICHEAL SOBELL?

let us see a picture of the letter - suitably washed of your personal details.

sounds like excellent grounds for a stiff complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority. I can help with the text after seeing the letter. probably many statutes broken plus the solicitor's code.

UKPC what a [problem], I also received a ticket reason = Vehicle parked in unauthorised area!

I followed the information on the sneeky sign, including the information printed in black with a handy blood red background "All Patrons Must Display A Parking Ticket" but still received a fine of £80 reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days. Nothing was on my Windscreen to say I had been ticketed it just arrived in the post.

After looking into my case and sourcing some expert advice from a friendly county court Judge whom I happen to know, I have decided NOT TO PAY, but instead I have informed Welwyn Hatfield Times, the Local council and also an local MP to investigate the the situation. DONT PAY THEM, THEY CANT DO ANYTHING, THEY CAN ONLY DO THE DRIVER, THEY HAVE TO PROVE WHO WAS DRIVING, the resigistered keeper dosn't have to give the details of the driver. NO Baliffs can come round without an COURT ORDER its all tatics to make you pay. I had a ticket, I was legally Parked there photo evidence shows nothing just my number plate. Today I have sent them a letter stating that I do not intend to pay and to bypass the baliff action and proceed directly to court. I'll let you know.

Don't feel intimated by these thugs, Stand your ground! Any Elderly person would feel scared into paying, it's up to us younger ones to protect others less able to fight them.

Hi Everybody,

Just joined the forum and have read many of the posts regarding UKPC, so firstly thanks to everyone I don't feel alone anymore! I have been in dispute with UKPC and have sent them letters stating the usual, I have now recieved a letter from 'Rossendales Collect' which states the following...

Dear...

We have today been instructed by Uk Parking Control Limited to take action against you for the recovery of the Penalty Charge Notice issued to you for unauthorised parking. Failure to make payment within SEVEN days from the date on this letter may result in Uk Parking Control Limited applying to the County Court for a judgement against you, which you may incur further costs increasing the balance owed.

Any Court judgment/decree lasts for 6 years and will severely affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

It is in your interest to make full payment immediately or contact us with your proposals for payment.

YOU ARE ADVISED NOT TO IGNORE THIS LETTER

Signed by Sue Bridge 'legal Department'

So there it is, I'm not going to pay and I'll let you all know if I get any more letters.

Cheers

Finefight

Hi Everybody,

We have today been instructed by Uk Parking Control Limited to take action against you for the recovery of the Penalty Charge Notice issued to you for unauthorised parking.

Recovery???

Recovery means 'to get back', they never had it in the first place so how can they get it back :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks