UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, help please, i recieved a letter from a Debt Collectors today and it doesnt seem to be any of the ones mentioned here its from a company called ROXBURGH they have a website that i have been on and it looks all real and professional to me the debt has now gone up to £125 and if i dont make payment they "will pass matters on to there solicitors, Graham White, who will review the case for potential legal action"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone advise me as to what should i do about this one still ignore them or write a letter maybe even call them?????????

Thanking you for any help and advice

Don't pay don't pay don't pay. Treat the whole thing as a [problem] because it is just that - A [problem].

Read my posting on here about what happened to me. I got a £90 charge certificate, reduced to £45 if I paid early etc. etc. The usual UKPC drill.

They have gone away now and left me alone.

Also, at work we have recently begun talking to debt collection agencies about using their services to collect money for us from customers that have not paid us for work we have actually done for them and they have blatantly told us that their process does not involve taking anyone to court because it is simply NOT financially worth it so very bad business. They charge £16 for a series of 3 letters. They said that most people pay up after the first or second but if they don't, unless they owe 1000's upon 1000's, we should give up as court costs cash.

Court is the ONLY place a private firm can apply for a judgement against you. Even in the unlikely event of debt collectors visiting your home (which also costs money and really is not gonna happen) you can still tell them to go away or you'll call the police. These people have no power. Private credit card companies and lenders take you to court as it is usually 1000's that people owe and they also have to be seen to be doing it or else people would just gain credit and walk away.

Understand that this kind of parking penalty is VERY different to the kind you get on a public road issued by the local authority or police. Those you have to take very seriously and deal with. These types are a joke and you need to laugh at them and see that NOTHING will happen.

Well, I've had a final demand from UKPC, but not a final demand from the debt collectors - they just advised me not to ignore their letter and told me that it was in my interest to make full payment, oohhh I'm scared!!!

they just advised me not to ignore their letter

This is very bad unsolicited advice, had you taken it you would have lost 5 minutes of your valuable time, time you can never get back.

and told me that it was in my interest to make full payment

Again, terrible advice, how could it be in anybody's interest to throw away good money on blatant scams.

Good to see more people sticking up to these bullies.

they just advised me not to ignore their letter

This is very bad unsolicited advice, had you taken it you would have lost 5 minutes of your valuable time, time you can never get back.

and told me that it was in my interest to make full payment

Again, terrible advice, how could it be in anybody's interest to throw away good money on blatant scams.

Good to see more people sticking up to these bullies.

I've just had the same thing :)

Very exciting.. Can't wait to see what the next letter might say..

Funny enough I said exactly the same thing to myself when I first read the letter. Are they acting for UKPC or us? I think it blatently indicates that they are far from "professional" as they claim at the top of the letter. Plus what professional outfit would actually used bold red print in their letters, and not even try and make the letter look like it was signed by hand...

I tell you something really funny. They give SEVEN days (just as illustrated in the letter) from the date on the letter. But the date on the letter is already 7 days past.. nice!

Since there is no doubt these guys will be reading our posts, I'll try and write in a way they obviously recognise..

We do not owe you anything. Your threats of death and bad credit are pointless.

WE ADVISE YOU NOT TO BOTHER SENDING MORE STUPID LETTERS.

By not ceasing your threats within SEVEN days from 1st January 1980, you may incur further humour in our lives.

Think that will work?

Edited by Yay4UKPC

We do not owe you anything. Your threats of death and bad credit are pointless.

WE ADVISE YOU NOT TO BOTHER SENDING MORE STUPID LETTERS.

By not ceasing your threats within SEVEN days from 1st January 1980, you may incur further humour in our lives.

Think that will work?

LOL:D

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Don't pay don't pay don't pay. Treat the whole thing as a [problem] because it is just that - A [problem].

Read my posting on here about what happened to me. I got a £90 charge certificate, reduced to £45 if I paid early etc. etc. The usual UKPC drill.

They have gone away now and left me alone.

Also, at work we have recently begun talking to debt collection agencies about using their services to collect money for us from customers that have not paid us for work we have actually done for them and they have blatantly told us that their process does not involve taking anyone to court because it is simply NOT financially worth it so very bad business. They charge £16 for a series of 3 letters. They said that most people pay up after the first or second but if they don't, unless they owe 1000's upon 1000's, we should give up as court costs cash.

Court is the ONLY place a private firm can apply for a judgement against you. Even in the unlikely event of debt collectors visiting your home (which also costs money and really is not gonna happen) you can still tell them to go away or you'll call the police. These people have no power. Private credit card companies and lenders take you to court as it is usually 1000's that people owe and they also have to be seen to be doing it or else people would just gain credit and walk away.

Understand that this kind of parking penalty is VERY different to the kind you get on a public road issued by the local authority or police. Those you have to take very seriously and deal with. These types are a joke and you need to laugh at them and see that NOTHING will happen.

Absolutely and totaly agree with this post (and all the others offering the same "do not forward any money" advise. Have recently had the fun and games of following very similar course of actions to 'JMLondon' after choosing (as I guess I enjoy confrontation) to enter into formal dialogue and sending modified to suit template letters (as found here) to UKPC, Roxburghe and some other attempt at being a legitimate legal operation can't even remember name now, G.White I think ???)

To cut a long story short, every time that I invited any of these company's to assist me in assisting them by "substantiating their claim with citations of case and/or statute law" they have never obliged. I guess following our approx 10 week's of banter, they have exhausted their somewhat limited lists of threats and format and have gone away ?

which is slightly dissapointing as I enjoyed their attempts at being legally intimidating, maybe once they get round to reading this, the fun can again commence.

I again can only reiterate "Do not under any circumstance or duress offer or forward money to these 'pond life'.

Enjoy the weekend, Wurzle Out.

Edited by Wurzle
Removal of Font's ?

The intimidation letters will eventually stop, like I previously stated once they have exhausted their limited list of threats and text format.

Usually circa 5 letter formats over the course of 6 to 10 weeks.

Don't worry be Happy:)

Hi All,

Well, as I suspected I got the next '7 days to pay' letter from Rossendales - much the same as everyone else. whilst I'm tempted to send a sarcastic reply to their 'DEATH' threats!! ;) I really can't be bothered with them. I will however continue to keep posting so everyone can keep up to date with how things are progressing - this is far more important as I hope that with every experience added to this forum it will help others to stand firm and not give in to these bullies, after all it was this forum that gave me the info and support I needed.

Cheers all:D

Edited by finefight
typo

Hi everyone i first posted a message on this site in May after receiving a ticket from ukpc stating i was causing an obstruction at ashton moss leisure centre, to which i replied with a letter telling them that it was an invalid ticket as there were no signs or markings sayig no parking since then i have received letters from Roxburgh letting me know pay now at a reduced rate which i ignored then another letter stating intended legal action which i laughed off i have phoned roxburgh telling them i will be glad to meet them in court and i have had advice to which they asked where i got the info. I have received a letter today from G white advising me pay now or face legal action and the courts which i am ignoring.

My question is how long does it take before they give up ??????

Any advice

I have received a letter today from G white advising me pay now or face legal action and the courts which i am ignoring.

My question is how long does it take before they give up ??????

Any advice

My understanding from similar threads is that a letter from G White is about the end of the process for you. I think people typically expect 2 letters marked from him then nothing more.

If you want to do some s**t stirring over this still, I believe G White is not a bona fide Solicitors firm and can therefore be referred to the SFA(?)

Hi All, am new to this and have found it most intruiging and above all very helpful.

Anyway UKPC operate in my car park where I live in a block of flats, therefore I am a resident and in my eyes dont need to prove anything to these [problematic]! How can they charge me a parking ticket if they send the ticket to my home address which states I live at the ver block of flats which they work to stop non residents parking there.

I recvied one of these tickets about 6 months ago. I didnt know anything about them and how they operated so after reading all the post in the forums relating to UKPC some of you may be very suprised to hear what happened.

I rang them up and stated exactly what I have just said above, that im a resident etc it will prove I am on the ticket you have sent out to me. They cancelled it after I very firmly put them in place, I also got this in writing. I also wrote to my landlord who assured me that they spoke to UKPC and told them not to do it again to residents.

I thought this was the end of the matter untill recently me and my partner have been hit with FOUR in the last week!

I cannot beleive it! I have spoke to various people in my block, and some have paid up, whilst some have paid up and been reimbursed.

Theres seems to be no set guideline, why have people been reimbursed? Whilst other have paid and thats it? Perhaps UKPC realise they have broken the law?

Any advice help would be most grateful

Edited by dinate

I cannot beleive it! I have spoke to various people in my block, and some have paid up, whilst some have paid up and been reimbursed.

Theres seems to be no set guideline, why have people been reimbursed? Whilst other have paid and thats it? Perhaps UKPC realise they have broken the law?

I'm amazed those that have paid have been reimbursed. That doesn't sound like the action of a PPC at all! And as for them realising they had broke the law, I don't think they ever were in any doubt that they had, which is why they rarely go to court. :) Edited by crem

Hi thanks for the information, it seems like this is a local person putting on tickets, he hides around the corner in his car and puts them on. I confronted him last night but what can I do?

Lamma as for self ticketing, if this is the case, what action can I take/do when you say have a word?

tell them you are a resident and that in any event these fines are unenforceable, unlawful and possibly illegal. (we could comment exactly how much of the latter two after seeing pictures of signs, the 'invoice' - plus wrapper- - and the letters they send(. remind the person that by handing out these invoices they are party to these acts. have any of your neighbours had a letter from the PPC ?

Ok sure I will upload these once i'm in from work this evening 6ish.

Yes plenty of people have had these tickets and letters, is has got to the point where people are just leaving them on the floor, as far as I know our residents do not respond, just ignore them, because like me, why would they waste thier time responding to something which I have already done once?

I fully expect to get a ticket everytime i return home with my car, I havent got the time or effort or money in me to ring them and cancel.

Also I contacted my landlord and stated that surely this is contravening my contract I have with them, as far as im aware I pay rent to have my space, which at the moment im not getting as Im getting tickets.

The amount of stress this is casuing me is untrue, i feel like a prisoner in my own home, because ultimatley im concerned it will go to court.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks