TPS/BW ANPR 2xPCN's now PAPLOC - Watu, Hornchurch, RM12 4UN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

1 Date of the infringement 22nd May 2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 26th May 2023

3 Date received 2nd June 2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Total Parking Solutions

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Watu, Hornchurch, RM12 4UN

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA

I have received 2 parking charge notices from TPS (Total Parking Solutions) as the owner of the vehicle but was not the driver on both occasions, this thread is for the 22nd May 2023. 

The private car park is for 3 businesses: Anytime Fitness, Wetherspoons (JJ Moons) and Coral betting shop. 

The driver was visiting Wetherspoons. 

2 hours of free parking is provided for customers of the 3 businesses, but you are required to enter the car registration, which is a recent requirement. It hasn't been required for over 15 years. 

The driver did not enter the car registration as the electronic pad was situated in the corner of the bar with no signage. 

I have discussed with the Wetherspoons venue and been advised that the car park is not part of the lease and is provided as a courtesy. However, having an electronic pad on the premises to captured customer information suggests Wetherspoons could be able to cancel the PCNs. 

Attached is the PCN, pictures of the car park signage, photos from the entrance of the Wetherspoons and location of the electronic pad and the receipt from Wetherspoons. 

My intention is to not respond to the PCNs requesting the driver’s details. 

Can I ask for confirmation this is the correct decision please? Also, that TPS do not have grounds to take this to court. 

2023-05-22 TPS PCN + photos + Receipt.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to TPS ANPR PCN 22nd May 2023 - Watu, Hornchurch, RM12 4UN

eh?

Parking Charge Notice: received as owner not driver

you mean registered keeper ...

speculative invoices are always sent to the registered keeper details they attain for a £1.60 fee from the DVLA. they don't know and should never be told who was actually driving.

as for court..:noidea: who knows

await if/when a letter of claim ever comes

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You said...

"2 hours of free parking is provided for customers of the 3 businesses, but you are required to enter the car registration, which is a recent requirement. It hasn't been required for over 15 years."

Sounds like the driver visited this location regularly...

Have there been any new highly visible notices warning drivers that the terms of parking have now changed?

I believe the fleecers own code of conduct requires such signage to be installed for some time before the new terms come into effect.

Same obviously applies to your other thread.

This info is really for your own use when / if you ever need to write a witness statement further down the line.

(Reviewing previous posts in your own thread is often a good resource for a WS).

Edited by Nicky Boy
  • Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thank you for your guidance.

I believe there was no signage in advance and there's no signage in the Wetherspoons about needing to enter your registration. 

I haven't responded to either PCN and will collate the various requests for payment that I will no doubt receive until there is a 'letter before action'.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

I have now received a letter from BW legal adding on further charges for debt recovery. 

I've attached for your reference. 

The envelope portrays that I'm in arrears on an account to anyone seeing the envelope, which I assume is an attempt to make me pay. 

Shall I hold on until a Letter of Claim is received? 

Parking Charge Notice - Total Parking Solutions.pdf

as always.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Dear all,

I have now received a 'Letter of Claim' from BW Legal on behalf of Total Parking Solutions, which I have attached. 

The letter was dated the 10th October but received today, 19th October.

A 'Reply Form', 'Information Sheet' and 'Income and Expenditure Form' were included. 

Can you provide guidance on how I should respond and what the next steps are please? 

JK

TPS Letter of Claim.pdf

snotty letter time..plenty here to base yours on.

run the 30days.. ignore all their forms.

not been reading up in the last 2mts??

• Like 1

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to TPS/BW ANPR PCN now PAPLOC - Watu, Hornchurch, RM12 4UN

Thanks dx

I contacted Weatherspoons but I was told it was nothing to do with them even though there is car registration device on the corner of the bar. 

I've looked up the information previously but don't want to make any mistakes, I will create the reply and share here. 

Yes, as dx says, post up a draft of a snotty letter deigned to show them you'd be big trouble if they were daft enough to do court.

I've had a look at other TPS threads.  There is no guarantee of course, but they very rarely have the gonads to do court, a snotty letter generally does the trick.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

FTMDave, I've used an example you posted in another thread.

Is this ok or have I mis-understood? 

Also, is it correct to hold off until near the 9th November deadline to respond? 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Cheers for your LETTER OF CLAIM.

I rolled round on the floor in laughter at the thought that you actually reckoned I'd take such tripe seriously and cough up!

Now you know and I know and now you know that I know all the reasons why Total Parking Solutions Ltd CLAIM is utter pants.

But then again as you are too bone idle to do any due diligence maybe I know, and you don't know 'cos you're too lazy to know.

Anyway, your client can either drop this foolishness or I will enjoy giving them a good hiding in court and spending the unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) on a nice winter holiday while all the time having a good laugh at your client's expense.

I look forward to your deafening silence.

Yours,

XXXXXX

Yes, that's fine - good research.

Address it to "Dear Rachael and Sean" which refers to the two directors of BW Legal.

At the bottom write COPIED TO TOTAL PARKING SOLUTIONS LTD.

The reason we say to write to the PPC too is because the solicitors in the sector love to egg on their clients to start hopeless court cases, after all it's quids in for them.  Let TPS too know directly you would be big trouble for them if they were daft enough to proceed.

When you want invest in two 2nd class stamps and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

Send the letters when you want but we generally suggest to run the 30 days as that emphasises that you're not scared of them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

both and cc to the client too

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies HB.

Hi,

I've received the attached response from Total Parking Solutions to my snotty letter. 

TPS are treating the snotty letter as an appeal. 

I'm not sure if I need to correct TPS or ignore it. 

Any help with the next steps is greatly appreciated. 

TPS Letter 15 Nov 2023.pdf

• Like 1

Goodness me! they're acting thicker than usual... "Your right to appeal has now expired"...🤔 Hmmmm

Nothing further for you to do right now... except, maybe have a little giggle.

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Hi,

Yesterday I received the attached letter dated 10th November from BW Legal with the photos attached and the 2 original parking charge notices and the subsequent final warnings (too large to attach). 

I'm assuming that this is another attempt to 'scare' me into paying as issuing court proceedings following my letter should have been their next step. 

Any guidance is greatly appreciated as always. 

2023-11-10 BW lwgal 2xTPS anpr pcns Watu Hornchruch car park.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to TPS/BW ANPR 2xPCN's now PAPLOC - Watu, Hornchurch, RM12 4UN

But they were definitely going to take you to court if you didn't pay after the Letter of Claim - but here they are still not doing court.

Laugh at them and ignore.

Yours is not the next move.

• Like 1

yep ignore

thread title updated

please next time put everything in one mass named pdf

if you read upload and use the websites listed there please post up everything we've not already seen to date from the letter.

dx

• Like 1

and they

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Apologies dx and thank you for sharing the instructions for creating one mass pdf.

I've finally managed to create a pdf that within the size limit for the last letter received from BW Legal dated 10th November 2023. 

JK

BW Legal Letter 10 Nov 2023 (1).pdf

Edited by Nicky Boy
Extra Redaction on pdf

Just laugh at it a bit more then just ignore it a massive amount more.

• Like 1

I don't think I have said this already. If I have I apologise.

Your original PCN does not comply with PoFA for three reasons.

I. they have asked the driver to pay the charge instead of the keeper [the PCN is addresssed to the keeper.

2. they have not asked you to provide the name and address of the driver and to pass on the PCN to the driver.

They cannot now pursue you as the keeper-only the driver is responsible for the charge. As you were not the driver you are in the clear. Just do not reveal who was driving and TPS are up the creek without a paddle.

• Like 1