UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is strictly not kosher but more and more PPCs are doing it, or at least threatening to do it it seems. maybe their income is dropping - aw shucks !

it is a bad practice financially for them - besides being a no no according to the OFT. the cots of sending someone door to door who has no powers whatsoever is just a complete waste of money. and the PPCs know this, they work a percentage game don't forget.

IF, and that is a big IF, they do send someone I would record the conversation the primary part of which would be me telling them that they have no powers and that they have to leave immediately and not come back.

Just ignore them them, they only send these letters to up the pressure. the good thing about it is that by doing so they build the case against themselves - as all their letters do.

just ignore them.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes its normal - and the chances of the threat being true, and you actually being there when someone calls would be rather slim. Another ploy is for them to attempt to add a 'visit fee' if you are not there when the agent calls - which is a joke in itself as you've agreed to nothing.

It's also worth remembering that UKPC can contact any old debt collection agency in your locality to affect a collection (it's much cheaper this way, as the collectors are often paid a set fee of £5, or are allowed to keep a of the money collected, so it's just one big sausage machine. Because of this if someone DOES call at your door, be calm, ask them to wait (at the doorstep) whilst you get a pen and paper. And then ask for all their details, ID, name company, office phone number etc. Once you have all these details, explain you've acknowledged NO debt to UKPC and they are aware of this. Then ask the collector to refer the matter back to their client, as you've better things to do with your time.

Most folk just cave in on the doorstep and pay. Which is why they send someone!

Edited by buzby

Home visits are very rare, but they occasionally happen (usually when your house is round the corner from them and they don't have far to go).

They are not bailiffs, they merely work for a private company and have no powers.

You can either

• not answer the door

• politely tell them there is no debt and to take you to court

• tell them them to f*** off and scare them into never coming onto your property again. Perhaps brandishing a pitchfork.

Your choice!

Hello,

Firstly i just want to say how thankful that this site exists.

here is my situation:

my partner and i were moving into a new flat. the only possible place to park while doing this was the flats car park which only has permit parking, no unloading bay. our flat does not have an allocated space. we therefore parked in someone elses just to unload. one of us stayed with the car at all times, to ensure we could move the car if a ticket person came (there are signs up saying about clamping). the only time we went away from the car was to open the two doors in the building if the other person was carrying a heavy box.

this was a nearly a month ago. today we get a letter from ukpc saying we must pay 95, there is a photo of the car. there was never any ticket, the guy must have ran out and talen a pic when i was holding the door?!

the cr window is open, my argument that we were close by; no one would leave a car full of their belongings this accessible.

my question really is:

are they allowed to even ask for money if there was no ticket on the car?

we are not going to pay, becasue it is ridiclous, however, i just want to know what the law says so i have a defence when they come a knockin!

also, i could tell they were basically scamartists becasue on the letter, the part that says 50% discount if paid within 7 days has been scribbled out with black pen!

any replies would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

This is private property - don't enter into any correspondence with them, they won't take you to count - and there's no requirement for them to place a ticket on your vehicle as what their doing is simply taking advantage of DVLA selling your personal data to anyone. If the DVLA refused to do this, they'd go bust. On the basis that nobody was inconvenienced because of your actions, hold your head high, and simply laugh at each letter they send, and the threats of bailiffs and the like (all of which STILL need them to take you to court).

Then there's the situation you may not have known who the driver was and you're not obliged to tell them either. Leave well alone!

unfortunately i have already sent a dispite letter. however, after reading all the info on this site, i wont be worrying any further about any correspondence from them. i have contacted the agency who own my flat... the woman seemed quite concerned about the dodginess of it all... and they are the ones supposedly employing ukpc?!

They're not employing them in the accepted sense. UKPC identify properties that could 'benefit' from their services. It is provided totally FREE and at no cost to the landowner. The operation is funded totally by the fines paid by those less fortunate at knowing the game!

Hi just recived a UKPC Charge Certivicate parking ticket in post

The picture of the car for photographic evidence is NOT my car.

The pic is small and looks like a white vauxhall astra from behind and the number plate is very blurred. I have a Vauxhall zafira,

it has been addressed to me and has my vehicle reg on the document.

at the time of the parking charge issue date, my vehicle was in a locked garage. and i was on holiday,

this parking ticket first of all looked like a [problem] or it just could be a big mistake of the number plate read on the picture and sent to the wrong owner/keeper,

what should i do next?

Edited by PARKY1

It is a speculative inducement to deprive you of money.

Rather than tear it up, I'd actually file it in a folder and do NOT respond to any of the subsequent threats your pals at UKPC will use to coerce payment from you. It is noting more than Junk mail, but the correspondence may well be interesting so hang on to it, and then scan them so we can see how their tricks are being modified in the face of clever drivers ignoring them,

The pic is small and looks like a white vauxhall astra from behind and the number plate is very blurred. I have a Brown Vauxhall zafira,

at the time of the parking charge issue date, my vehicle was in a locked garage. and i was on holiday,

this parking ticket first of all looked like a [problem] or it just could be a big mistake of the number plate read on the picture and sent to the wrong owner/keeper,

what should i do next?

Nothing. Just ignore them, but expect some more letters to arrive. Even if it was your car in the photo, the same advice would apply - this is just an unenforceable invoice fraudulently masquerading as a council charge certificate.

The pic is small and looks like a white vauxhall astra from behind and the number plate is very blurred. I have a Brown Vauxhall zafira,

what should i do next?

Report it to the police.Your car registration number may have been cloned.

I have been to the local police constabulary, They could see straight away that the UKPC Charge Certivicate parking ticket document and the picture on it did not match also the blurred reg was something total different with there trained eye. and they have forwarded me to Greater Manchester Police, i will sort that out over the next few days.

ooo this sounds interesting. The UKPC rogues may have obtained your details with incorrect and (therefore hopefully) illegal information. Lets hope the GMP support you in screwing them to death over this.

Please keep us up to date on how it goes Parky1. :)

Hello everyone am new here and well came upon this site from typing in UKPC to see what i got and well i am shocked to read so many stories.

Anyway we recieved a CHARGE CERTIFICATE- FINAL REMINDER. We never even got the parking ticket issued on the vehicle or even a reminder that one had been issued. They are demanding £90. Apparently it is issued for Unauthorised parking in station shopping court, Reading if anyone knows this place? My OH is stating that it said 3 hours free parking we live miles from reading so if anyone knows what it says on there parking signs would u kindly let me know. anyway just wanted to know what we should do? do we have to pay it or should we write to them? And any template letters that we could use?

Thank you so much Rasberry Diva

Hi, help please, i recieved a letter from a Debt Collectors today and it doesnt seem to be any of the ones mentioned here its from a company called ROXBURGH they have a website that i have been on and it looks all real and professional to me the debt has now gone up to £125 and if i dont make payment they "will pass matters on to there solicitors, Graham White, who will review the case for potential legal action"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone advise me as to what should i do about this one still ignore them or write a letter maybe even call them?????????

Thanking you for any help and advice

ignore them. professional my left elbow !

have a search hear for Roxburghe and G White -who is not a real solicitor and the name has been stuck from the law society register. if you have letter headed letter from G While Solicitor make a copy of it and send it to Solicitors Regulation Authority

Solicitors Regulation Authority - Protecting consumers of legal services

you have nothing to fear from either of these companies - well its just one company, Roxburghe use the name G White to trick people.

So is Roxburghe a company that UKPC use to do there debt recovery and has anyone else been mailed by this particular company.

The letter i recieved is on ROXBURGHE headed paper and signed by Jonathan Stock whose a debt recovery manager. At the bottom of the letter is a registered office and reg no.3137269. This letter really has frightened me and it looks real to me. Do you think i should just write to them and if so anyone got any ideas of what i should put in the letter i'm really scared just to ignore it.

Roxburghe are very well known here (have a search).

I would just ignore them if you write to them they will just play you all the more - nailing victims is how the PPC trick works.

Don't pay anything.

Don't say anything.

There is NOTHING they can do to affect your credit rating. UKPC can factor out these debts and receive a percentage back from the debt collector on successful recovery. It is insidious and immoral. The don;t care of any innocence or guilt, they JUST WANT YOUR MONEY.

Ignore them, if anyone challenges you know nothing, you are only the registered keeper and have no idea who was driving, but better yet - ignore them completely. Keep a hold of the letters you get and laugh silently at their threats. Then upload your experience here for the benefit of others.

Hi guys i'm new to the site but have alot in common with you i was at Ashton moss complex a few weeks ago the car park was full and i parked on a side road along with other drivers when i returned to the car i had a lovely ticket from ukpc,stating charge cert for a parking controvention and must pay £40.00 withing 14 days. I have since sent a letter stating that there were no signs displayed wher i parked and no yellow lines on the road i was driving a company car at the time but i have sent the appeal letter from me with my address on it, i have received no reply from ukpc but have received a letter from a debt coll agency where do i stand can you please advise me

Hi Andy,

Lots of people here advocate blanking all correspondence completely, including any from debt collectors. However, in your case, given that you've already written to UKPC, you may consider writing [just once] to the debt collectors saying the debt is denied in its entirity and the matter should be referred back to UKPC.

There is a template for this here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Well, I replied to the debt collectors saying that my claim was in dispute and they should refer back to thier client. They replied back saying that my claim wasn't in dispute as my appeal has been rejected by UKPC.

I have ignored them and now they 'say' they will send debt collectors to my home to collect it.

I am planning to ignore them from now on.

any similar experience? or received similar letter? Will be good to hear from you!

Firstly, can you NOW appreciate how evil this is? If you HADN'T written to them, they would not have known who you were as they would have written to the company (as RK) and you could have told them the 'ticket' was bogus.

As you've contacted them, you know will bear the brunt of the collection process until wither you pay up, or they give up.

What should you do? Bearing in mind what you've done already, I'd suggest you cease ALL correspondence as you've stated your 'case' and as far as you are concerned the matter is concluded. Ignore all further threats and in the unlikely event of a dmall claims action, just respond to this stating the action will be defended. Keep ALL such correspondence, but DON'T respond no matter how much you want to - it has been written in such a way as to goad you into doing so, so resist it.

I'd also speak with whoever at your firm deals with parking tickets, as they most likely will STILL be contacted in UKPCs quest for money.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks