ECP ANPR PCN - overstay - Morrisons - Wetherby, 7 The Horsefair Centre, Wetherby, England, LS22 6FL **CANCELLED BY MORRISONS**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the second PCN received, to which I was completely oblivious until last week,

this time from my servicing Morrisons supermarket and Cafe, on my way home after a very long week of work in the North of England back in June.

I was very tired and stayed in the car for about 20 mins to rest my eyes before using the supermarket.

I received  dated 15/07/23 giving me until 15 of this month to cough-up the money after which no doubt they'll be sending in the heavies by the name of DR+ !

Date of the infringement 09/06/23 

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]  16/06/23

3 Date received Not sure, as only opened this last week

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y, same format as for the Waitrose PCN received

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?  No

2023-06-09 NTK Incident 9-6-23.pdf

This seems to be an out-and-out Morrisons car park, so e-mail the CEO and ask them to cancel - as LFI suggested on the other thread  https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9092&c=Morrisons-CEO  

Whether it will work - haven't a clue.  Some companies like Asda are superb and immediately call off their dogs.  Others like McDonald's are dreadful.  But if must be worth a go.  

Obviously lay it on thick about being a genuine customer and include evidence of any purchases & payment.

Edited by FTMDave
Typos

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to ECP ANPR PCN - overstay - Morrisons - Wetherby, 7 The Horsefair Centre, Wetherby, England, LS22 6FL

All the things that were wrong with the other PCN are also wrong with this one so once again they cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. The only difference with this one is that you overspent by a few more minutes which won't be as easy to brush away than the Waitrose one.

But as Dave said, appeal and see what happens. Use the fact that they have failed to abide by the rules of the Act and that as the keeper you are no responsible for the charge but they are still threatening you which seems unfair. 

With the CEO you can say you enjoyed shopping so much that you ran over time but the overage was not as much as they state because they are not adhering to the PoFA parking period but instead making their own rules which favour them to the detriment of your customers. Good luck.

any other advice? Yes don't worry.

A bit more advice...

Start reading some other threads to acquaint yourself with the Private Parking "Underworld" and the tactics they use to fleece motorists. (But not when they come to CAG!)

Start with our "successes" threads.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347084-ppc-successes-no-questions-please/page/16/#comment-5222588

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 

RESULT!

Having written to Morrisons Customer services instore and uploading my receipt to prove I had shopped in the store, I received an email from them stating they were happy to cancel the charges and in the future, if my stay was going to be a lot longer than 2 hours, to let someone at customer services know. Please see a copy (redacted) of their response below.

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry you have received a parking charge when visiting with us recently.

To help us make sure there are plenty of car parking spaces for our customers we do operate a pay and display policy and a 2-hour limit but we know sometimes 2 hours might not be enough time if you are doing a large shop or want to grab a bite to eat or if you simply need a little extra time.

With this in mind should you find you do need more time to shop with us please let our colleagues know on the Customer Service Desk have your registration number and they will make sure you do not receive a charge.

It’s great that you enjoy shopping with us and as a much valued customer we are happy to cancel the parking charge for you. 

Any payments made will be refunded within 14 days.

Please let us know if there is anything else I can help you with and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kindest regards

Contact Centre

Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Limited

Hilmore House, Gain Lane, Bradford, BD3 7DL

ref:_00DD0ojDb._5003z2jxZaP:ref

Well done on your victory! 👏

We didn't have a clue really if writing to Morrisons would work, but it was worth a try. Thanks to you we now know it does work and this will help others in future. 

Edited by FTMDave
Typos due to being on a damn phone

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to ECP ANPR PCN - overstay - Morrisons - Wetherby, 7 The Horsefair Centre, Wetherby, England, LS22 6FL **CANCELLED BY MORRISONS**
11 hours ago, SportingModel said:

Any payments made will be refunded within 14 days

This is strange... Does this mean it's a letter template and they instruct the fleecers to refund the parking charge if it was paid?

Interesting. 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2023 at 21:53, FTMDave said:

Well done on your victory! 👏

We didn't have a clue really if writing to Morrisons would work, but it was worth a try. Thanks to you we now know it does work and this will help others in future. 

It does for Morrisons at Wetherby anyway, because they own the car park I guess.