UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whilst out shopping with my disabled mother in law i was ticketed by the UKPC. Subsequently received a £40 fine today if paid within 14 days or £80 there after. Firstly the blue badge was on dispaly however lying on top of the dash and lets face it we all do this. I am really reluctant to pay this fine so what is the options. It was in scotland just incase there is a law variation. Also complained to tesco who were as helpful as an ashtray on a motor bike.

I am also a bit peeved that the DVLA hand this information out to anyone who deams themself a bonified company. What else can I do with this???

Flipn civil Traffic enforcment notice " big brother is definatley watching":-o

unenforceable invioce just ignore all letters otherwise they.ll think they have hooked a fish and push it more to get your money

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bernard skitlebringer probably works for them lol,im not even gona bother replying to the idiots tbh.they can threaten me all they like.i'd like to see some idiot representing them knock on my door tbh.

if thye proceed in harrassing me i,ll just sue them for stress lol.

I have recently called the council and found out the road is private, not public. I received and appealed to the letter they sent me. I received another letter basically just saying if I park in an unathorised area then I will be fined, well I am sending another letter back saying tell me where the unauthorised areas are and I will!!!! Cos its not stated anywhere where the unauthorised areas are. And I was parked across the road from any of the signs. Any ideas?

OK, tried then. You try to undermine my arguments on technicalities the same as you try and avoid your responsibilities on technicalities.

Bernard,

Please explain what responsibilities you refer to, as I understand the law no one has any responsibility to pay an "invoice" which is nothing more than a hopeful punt at conning the uneducated and unwary out of their cash. You will not (or can not!) quote any actual case where a PPC has won a properly defended case, I do not count your random selection of made up names you spout, if you are so sure of your position you would be able to name courts,dates and case numbers but you don`t!

You know, I know and now the rest of the motoring public are getting wise to the fact that your invoices are not legally enforcible, your days of [causing problems] and easy money are over, I suggest you invest in some retraining for a more honest way to make a living, perhaps as a Politician, you seem to rather good at lies,bullsh*t, bluff and bluster

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

:amen:

I have today visited potters bar and could not park during the dinnertime within disabled parking bays in the high street, I parked in station close nearby on yellow lines, a place i have parked before on the need to do so being disabled. It is a wide close but with double yellow lines on both sides. Today however when I left my car with blue disabled badge and timer correctly showing, i came back to a UKPC parking ticket on my windscreen with the contravention of parking on yellow lines. I vaugely remember a Black Bmw car as outlined above had pulled in front of my car itself on yellow lines a few minutes after I originally left it, I thought no more untill 10 minutes later i returned to my car only to find i had been ticketed and it placed over the badges displayed in my windscreen. Obviously he was the warden on BMW wheels you have previously identified although he hasn`t got the memory to write his warden number on my ticket. Although disabled i never take advantage of the double or single yellow lines dispensation unless I have too, always looking for a Disabled space firstly. Also i have never been ticketed before on double yellow lines , observing the restrictions and times. I feel this way of ticketing people is awfull and i don`t intend to pay this fine. I am going back to take photos of this said person in operation. Any ideas for my appeal or for getting this person made a scapegoat

He didnt write down his warden number on my ticket either. I have seen him a number of times since the incident, hes always hanging about doing the same thing, driving round, coming back again trying to catch people out. Last week i was going to go and stand next to his car and just warn everyone not to stop so he wouldnt get any business but time was short so i couldnt really do it that day. It could be fun to do one day though if i havnt got anything better to do.

hi, me and my partner recieved a parking charge for driving though no entry in a car park at barbican leisure park. but from the direction we were driving this sign wasnt visable.

i am reg keeper, but my chap was driving at the time, should i ignore the charge certificate or write to them to appeal? not sure how to go about it and what should i say in the letter, please help!!

Dear all,

I've been also lately a victim of UKPC bullying tactics, but it is too late! i have already complied sending them my bank details and an appeal letter which was totally ignored, which is not surprising after reading all this post.

My reasons for my appeal was based on a personal case/story, which don't bring much to what we've heard so far in this thread: i was guilty from the start not displaying a permit at a friend's place that I was visiting. This is not difficult when the rules are so stupid that my friend himself wouldn't comply: therefore, i was raising a case of jurisprudence, since the only person who could have provided me a valid permit was kind of sharing here the offence with me (a contractual pb, it turns out to be!)... I also enranged about administrative delays for paying/appealing which I found unrrealistic: by definition of waht's an appeal, there shouldn't be any delay in appeal...

I've learned too late what shoud be replied to these ****s whose appeal departement, debt recovery agencies, are all looking like a big joke after you've oppenned my eyes... Your site provides the clearest workaround from experienced people knowing legal rights, and giving sensible advice against this particular stupidity (private parking) which is only for me one example amongst several other UK stupidities allowing to systematically make small people unaware of their real rights and have the basic knoledge of waht can do against those self-appointed judges with no real legal authority: it is a trend stpreding all around in Europe now, make people feell like criminals is a fascist technique: we need all to be beware!

Being french (you might have noticed!), let me just be doubly amazed, at this stage of my understanding of what's going on here...: i now understand that we "have a duty" to "play with words" between "owner" "keeper" and "driver", keep strong not bowing down under the misleading UPKC threats because they turn out to have no legal value. However, except calling for useless BPA, MP's which are only to me our useless or indirect "representatives" awaiting for we don't know what to start making action, there do not seem to be a way so that we, as individuals, we could put those ****s down DIRECTLY in court (who wants to be david against goliath?)... This results in my fear, that too many political interests will not make this just STOP right away "at the highest levels", like it should....

From there, I just wander two things:

1) if i'm right feeling still down and helpless, and for god sake! why this should affect my head. Harrassemnt was mentionned: this is serious matter, sufficient to charge them no?.......

2) secondly, now that they got my bank details, is it safe to "gamble" like you "legally" propose the next time i'm in trouble with them?...

You probably know, because you might also I have friends like mine, that the majority amongst us, drivers, would still prefer to bow down, and not only that, they would proudly say this doesn't happen to them and from there, conclude that you are the only one to be blamed if you don't respect rules and or delays strictly: between being fair (respecting rules whatever they are) and being just (which could allows jurisprudence) is a political and philosophical debate I just dont stand anymore.....

SO, just a "grand bravo" to see there peolple truely "getting up and srtanding up, Fighting for their rights"! even if the answear is at the moment only a recipie to "hide" form the system, not a truely real effort to inflex it, like I would dream....

Aziz

PS: In the same type of iedeas, i'm not considering myself as a "dangerous driver" (I won't raise this debate here), nor as a annoying driver when I park. But i havfe another insightful and relatesd story to tell, implying OFFICIAL authorities this time and showing that someting is wrong, very wrong in the way UK judges/handles driving rules overall...

As soon as I got an english car with english plates, I got 6 fines for speeding last year which accumulated during 2 month without my knowledge, because they were sent wrongly to the previous keeper (I wanted to probe of if yellow boxes were really working, and really thought they were not...). After saying that, you won't believe that never stooped driving in the UK, aren't you? Well, I have another recipie for you, then...

Becuawse I was afraid of the automated procedure which would have made me loose my liscence virtually without notice, i made "my french" trying to gather all the cases in a single court hearing for mitigation. I never succedd doing it, but I got treated only for 3 cases in court, leaving me with 3 points which allowed me to continue to drive until now. What about the three other offences, would you ask? Well... in the process, I simply didn't bother tell the police I was the driver for those cases. As the prosecution, like PCN's, is automated, I've heard and I am the proof that Notices of Intended Prosecutions are actually erased from the file system automatically after 6 month!

It defines again the master rules for getting away with of any sort of prosecutions in the UK: DO NEVER BOTHER REPLY, your more in your right being not honest........ Scary, insn't it?

hi barnsley boy yea it is a private car park... tell me about it gutted got a ticket. after the film at the cinema the ticket was on are windscreen window we think they watched us in the security office then waited till we went in the cinema then they slapped it on the windscreen the fine is for driving through a no entry. fine is £40 within 14 days or £80 after what to do thinking of ignoring them completely. they are not having my hard earned money.

hi barnsley boy yea it is a private car park... tell me about it gutted got a ticket. after the film at the cinema the ticket was on are windscreen window we think they watched us in the security office then waited till we went in the cinema then they slapped it on the windscreen the fine is for driving through a no entry. fine is £40 within 14 days or £80 after what to do thinking of ignoring them completely. they are not having my hard earned money.

In your position, I'd ignore. Wait and see what paperwork comes through to you in time. Feel free to scan the letter [minus personal details] when you get it.

agree re signs in a private car park for issuing 'fines'.. (lol)

Am not sure what the importance is if there is an accident in the car park e.g. some gob head whacking around against the arrows/one way system. Any view ?

decided to send a letter, demanding to see evidence which i know they wont be able to send to me!! if they continue with more letters i think i will ignore these and report to the police about harassment. not paying them a penny though, i want them to take me to court!! they don't stand a chance going by what things i have read on here!! good site by the way.

oh and patdavies i thought it was a bit odd to get a ticket for driving though NO ENTRY, if i didn't park up after then i wouldn't have got a ticket.

some people generally do make mistakes but this sign was only one sided and not clear, makes me mad.

i sent a letter 'demanding' the evidence...just save your stamps m8.

they wont send you any evidence,im still waiting for my court date etc etc...

they can produce their evidence then (yea right !!!)

if you do send one send it second class recorded as they mysteriously didnt recieve any of the unrecorded ones i sent.

the advice on here is spot on but hard to do when your fuming after getting your letter with their illegal fine...just file them all under 'bin'.

It is generally, a waste of time and and effort engaging with the [problematic] directly. In an ideal world we should let them send 2 or 3 letters first, then start using the templates until "cease & desist", then ignore.

Any further letter writing should be resolved for complaints - OFT [against Debt Collectors] , Trading Standards, DVLA, Police, MPs etc]. Accepted that individual letters may not appear to acheive much, but the cumulative effect could be considerable.

Agreed.

and if you are a member of the AA/RAC/IAM complain to those. Recognised Consumer Groups carry more weight with TS and TS has less wriggle room to avoid the issues.

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

newcomer to this site, have avidly read this thread over the last week though. i haven't had a fine myself but an elderly disabled friend of mine was caught recently and paid up before i found this thread, and i'm absolutely gutted about it :(. so i'm taking it upon myself to learn as much about this as i can to advise all and sundry about these cowboys :)

a couple of questions:

1) do the same rules apply if someone is caught on camera by UKPC somewhere where they really shouldn't be parking at all? my disabled friend parked round the back of a shopping centre (where he has parked for many years) to visit the bank as all the adjacent disabled spaces were taken. so technically he wasn't parking incorrectly in a privately-owned public car park, but correctly in a privately-owned private car park (if that makes sense!)

2) i notice the signs around this shopping centre stipulate that, by parking there, you (as the driver) are agreeing to "the owner of the vehicle paying a charge of £90". has this been the wording on the signs all along, or is this a recent change in response to the sterling work of threads such as this one? presumably, this wording means that any driver considering parking should first call up the owner to confirm whether or not he is willing to be fleeced...

keep up the good work!

Sideshowme,

The real risk in parking on private land is the likelihood of being clamped or being towed away. The legalities of this activity are hotly debated but.....they have you car, so they have the upper hand.

A ticket, whether on "public" private land, or on "private" private land is a completely different thing. It is absolutely nothing to worry about. Just remember, do not engage with the [problematic], admit nothing.

That sign saying that the driver agrees to the owner paying £90 is just so much bollox. A party [driver] cannot enter a contract on behalf of another party [owner], it is legally impossible. The concept of privity of contract goes back literally hundreds of years. Before any pedants post back, yes, I have heard of agents - no way applicable here.

In any event, all the PPC gets from DVLA is registered keeper, this is not necessarily the same as owner.

Do not engage, do not pay - sorry to hear about your friend, one to remember for the future.

Hi

Our company recieved one of these uk parking fines today, for some misdemeaner in the carpark at castlegate leisure centre in dudley.

We have never been there and the car involved has never been registered to us, The latter being confirmed by the police forces of both south yorkshire (our base) and west midlands, and the DVLA

What do you all think shall I tell the poor souls at ukpc or shall i let them dig a big hole first ??

Jan

As it stands it is junk mail - the most likely explanation is that the ticket has the incorrect vehicle registration mark on the ricket, so everything flows from that. If you've the time and the patience you could tie them up for months, which could ne a satisfaction of sorts.

Either write stating your vehicle records indicate the vehicle in question was not at the locus on the week in question and require photographic evidence to permit the matter be investigated fully. And watch them fail.... or just file it at the bottom of a locked filing cabinet!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks