CPN Vanishing windscreen PCN now PAPLOC - University of Brighton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There's a fair bit involved...

They will effectively be relying on contract law.

They wrote stuff on signs that you apparently agree to by parking.

The first thing that occurs to me is that this is not ANPR.

Did they leave a ticket on your vehicle?

But first can you follow the instructions in the sticky to help the guys...

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• dx100uk changed the title to CPN Vanishing windscreen PCN - University of Brighton

PDF sorted

you'd left ALL the ref/pcn numbers AND your name showing.

so a vanishing windscreen PCN 

they've already got things wrong by sending that

await the notice to keeper

read that sticky carefully upon time limits for the NTK too

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes acknowledged, correct this is not an ANPR and no ticket was left on the screen.
incident took place 07th October, issue date 31st october 2022. so 24 days had elapsed.

Will have a look for what the time limits are for NTK

Regards

CPM PCN received through the post

1 Date of the infringement : 07th October 2022

2 Date on the NTK 31st October 2022

3 Date received Thursday 03 November '22

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? NO

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes 2 photos

6 Have you appealed? NO

7 Who is the parking company? CPM UK car park management

8. Where exactly: University of Brighton Falmer campus

here is the reverse

cpm reverse .pdf

does anyone here recommend I email the university directly they have an email address [email protected] and ask them to cancel the non enforceable ticket as they have no one on the phones I can speak to...

I'd await for further advice from the guys on here.

The usual is to ignore everything until/unless you get a letter of claim from them.

Communicating with them may throw away useful legal protection.

As you will have read in the sticky, they've sent their notice too late for ANPR and too early for a windscreen ticket.

read a few more threads to get the gist of what happens...

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

The idiots haven't respected POFA so that already puts you in a great position.  Don't communicate with them at all.

If you want, yep, get on to the university, can't do any harm.  But don't write "I parked", always in the third person "the driver parked" as there is always the risk the university shares the correspondence with the fleecers and your POFA protection gets chucked away.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Laugh at this bilge and ignore it.

If you don't pay - oh no - they will engage a debt collector - hell's bells - a completely powerless third party - how can you live with this threat?!!!

Basically, if you don't pay, we'll get our mate to send you another letter, which you will have to open.  Mind you, it'll be a big letter and it'll take ages to open.  Not really something to keep you awake at night 🤣

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 5 months later...

Hi Caggers, so the registered keeper at the time is receiving Debt recovery letters on behalf of the university and I was wondering what Caggers think of Sending the Vice chancellor of the uni a letter asking to cease and desist with the threatening and intimidating letters....

Thanks for any guidance and input, much appreciated

Professor Debra Humphris
Vice-Chancellor
University of Brighton

Subject: Cease and Desist Request Regarding Threatening and Intimidating Letters from Debt Collectors

Dear Professor Debra Humphris,

This letter is to bring to your attention a matter of concern regarding the receipt of threatening and intimidating letters from debt collectors on behalf of Brighton University. The sender kindly requests your immediate attention and intervention to address this issue.

On [07th October 2022], the car registration visited the University of Brighton's Falmer campus and parked their vehicle in accordance with the parking regulations provided. However, on [03 November '22], the registered keeper received a Notice to Keeper (NTK) from CPM UK Car Park Management, alleging a parking infringement on [07th October 2022]. While it is understood that the university may have contracted CPM UK Car Park Management to oversee parking enforcement, the subsequent actions of the debt collectors have caused distress and concern.

Despite the absence of a ticket on the sender's vehicle, they received threatening letters from debt collectors, which included language and tone that can only be described as intimidating. The impact of such communications on individuals can be significant, causing undue stress, anxiety, and potential harm to mental well-being. As an esteemed institution of higher learning, it is believed that it is essential to foster an environment that promotes respect and supports the welfare of both students and visitors.

In light of this, the sender kindly requests that you intervene in this matter and take the necessary steps to ensure that all threatening and intimidating letters from debt collectors on behalf of Brighton University cease and desist immediately. It is important to maintain a fair and reasonable approach in dealing with parking infringements, one that upholds the principles of justice, fairness, and respectful communication.

It is trusted that you hold a commitment to the well-being of the university community and a dedication to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment. The sender would greatly appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and a response addressing the steps taken to rectify the situation.

Thank you for your time and consideration. The sender looks forward to a positive response.

Yours sincerely,

xxx

DR+ letters.pdf

waste of time, and the letters are nothing to do with the uni.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As DX said the letters from DR- are nothing to do with the University.  Your letter is a good one apart from the the Cease and Desist part of it .If you  add that they are unlawfully adding £70 to the charge you might get  them to cancel the charge. Point out that you are sure that the University would not want themselves to be involved in anything unlawful and doubtless the extra charge was not included in the contract with CPM.

Many Judges have condemned the charge and thrown the case out as being "an abuse of process". Include the letter from DR-  pointing out the £170 charge that is not included on the University signage [I expect that sign says £100 or pretty close to that sum.]

If you weren't the driver say that despite that fact CPM are still pursuing you even though you are not liable as the registered keeper . Their original PCN was not compliant with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 so they will lose in Court as they cannot transfer the liability from the driver to the keeper.

• 1 month later...

hi there,

so sorry that I have only just seen your message, and yes I think is a good idea to email the Dean/ VC and request to get this cancelled as no it it is getting silly as Debt Collection Gladstones are now involved.

Best wishes

update:

17th of June received a Letter before Claim from Gladstones , addressed to the registered keeper of said vehicle.

Regards

funnily enough yes this has been done before, the strange thing is....that Gladstones sent a text through to the registered keeper and of course how did they get the mobile phone number to text through

Professor Debra Humphris
Vice-Chancellor
University of Brighton
[[email protected]]

Subject: Concern Regarding Threatening and Intimidating Letters from Debt Collectors

Dear Professor Debra Humphris,

I am writing to bring a matter of concern to your attention regarding the receipt of threatening and intimidating letters from debt collectors on behalf of Brighton University. I kindly request your immediate attention and intervention to address this issue.

On [07th October 2022], the car registration visited the University of Brighton's Falmer campus and parked their vehicle in accordance with the parking regulations provided. However, on [03 November '22], the registered keeper received a Notice to Keeper (NTK) from CPM UK Car Park Management, alleging a parking infringement on [07th October 2022]. It is important to note that the registered keeper was not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the alleged infringement. Despite this fact, CPM UK Car Park Management is still pursuing the registered keeper, even though they are not liable for the alleged infringement as the registered keeper.

Furthermore, the registered keeper received threatening letters from debt collectors, which included language and tone that can only be described as intimidating. Additionally, it has come to my attention that CPM UK Car Park Management is unlawfully adding an additional £70 charge to the initial parking infringement charge. This unlawful addition raises serious concerns about the fairness and transparency of the parking enforcement process. I am confident that the University of Brighton would not want to be involved in anything unlawful, and it is highly unlikely that the additional charge was included in the contract with CPM UK Car Park Management.

The impact of such communications on individuals can be significant, causing undue stress, anxiety, and potential harm to mental well-being. As an esteemed institution of higher learning, it is believed that it is essential to foster an environment that promotes respect and supports the welfare of both students and visitors.

In light of this, I kindly request that you intervene in this matter and take the necessary steps to ensure that all threatening and intimidating letters from debt collectors on behalf of Brighton University cease immediately. Additionally, I urge you to investigate the unlawfully added £70 charge and work towards cancelling the parking infringement charge altogether. It is important to maintain a fair and reasonable approach in dealing with parking infringements, one that upholds the principles of justice, fairness, and respectful communication.

It is trusted that you hold a commitment to the well-being of the university community and a dedication to fostering an inclusive and supportive environment. The sender would greatly appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and a response addressing the steps taken to rectify the situation.

Thank you for your time and consideration. The sender looks forward to a positive response.

Yours sincerely,

xxx

sorry it that a letter you've sent already to the uni?

its not a snotty letter to the sols.

dx

and they

REPLY FROM THE UNIVERSITY DEAN'S MANAGEMENT TEAM,

2ND PIECE OF CORRESPONDENCE AND IS LIKE A BROKEN RECORD KEEPS ASKING FOR THE DRIVER AT TIME OF ALLEGED PCN

Many thanks for your reply.

You mention in your first email that the registered keeper on November 3rd 2022 received a NTK from UK CPM, but in your last email you state that the first they became aware of the PCN was via a text message from Gladstones Solicitors, so I am struggling to understand the events that have occurred here. 

To clarify, PCNs are sent to the registered keeper, as per the details kept by the DVLA. The driver is not contacted as records are not kept of this, and it is the responsibility of the keeper to manage their vehicle and in the case of this, pass information onto the driver if needed.  

Unfortunately, it’s unclear who was driving the vehicle and if they were a university student, staff member or visitor. Can you clarify this please? It is also our policy, as detailed on all signage, that an E-Permit is required to park on campus. There are no records of an E-Permit being in place for vehicle registration XXXXX. 

Blue disabled badges are issued to the person requiring the badge and not to a vehicle so again UK-CPM would have no knowledge that the person using the vehicle was a blue badge holder as the badge was not on display. 

Without an open dialogue between UK-CPM and the registered keeper of the vehicle, UK-CPM as per their terms and conditions that would have been on the NTK would continue to peruse the PCN and escalate the costs accordingly.

Additional costs associated with any further action that UK-CPM have taken or instructed a third party to take are in line with industry guidelines.

As previously mentioned in my first email, I have asked UK-CPM for their comments and once they have responded I will of course come back to you with any solutions that may be able to help the situation, but this is currently very difficult without knowing the full details and understanding who was using the vehicle.

From the information I have available, it would appear that the PCN has been issued correctly as there was no E-Permit in place and the blue badge was not visible. 

Mark Burkill Parking and Transport Officer 

Moulsecoomb

University Of Brighton | Estates and Facilities Management

You need to send a snotty letter to Gladstones & UKCPM to put them off taking you to court.

send snotty letter anyway.

so was/is the driver a student at the uni?

and is that person the RK?

if not who is the RK in relation to the driver?

dx

and they