• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot/Mortimer PAPLOC Now Claimform - old HSBC Loan - 6yr+ Default.

KP44UK

Thanks for reply DX,

no didn't hand write or sign anywhere, everything on the CCA request and PAP reply was typed. I had Royal Mail make the Postal Order out to Cabot Financial as I had done couple of years ago.

After they tried to concoct a CCA I've been staying away from writing anywhere. They sent the PO back I will post attach it on here when I get home.

Edited by KP44UK

the guide says leave the PO  BLANK.

cash it and send a blank one with a new CCa .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ahh got it. I will send one out first thing tomorrow.

Mortimer want it sent to them, however I believe the guidance says send to the DCA not the Solicitor (I appreciate they are the same company). should I ignore them.

With regards to the 30 day to reply to PAP. where do I stand is it just a case of waiting to see where they go next.

they are not the same company

one are a solicitor , the other a DCA.

they are both part of Cabot Credit Management Group Limited

CCA request goes to the debt OWNER cabot.

as for pap and anything now to do with this debt going fwd.....

yours is not the next move.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update. Please see attached.

Mortimer Clarke have not come back with anything but my phone has been ringing at least 3 times every single day to no avail.

Cabot have written back after CCA request saying I have not specified what's wrong with what the sent and they have the right to enforce the debt and they can obtain a CCJ bla bla but they would rather to speak to me etc.

see attached letter extracts.

The also sent the same pack as before which they claim is the CCA but that was already called out on this forum to be an Application/declaration.

cabot .pdf

On 25/05/2023 at 17:54, dx100uk said:

yours is not the next move.

and they

• 2 months later...

I'm changing address in a week and a half.

How do I protect myself against a backdoor CCJ.

Cabot and Mort Clark have been very quiet so far, no news from them at all since telling them their documents did not pass the test.

Do I need to get a certified copy address change letter.

no you simply send anyone that owns a debt you last paid/used in the last say 7yrs a simple letter stating re debt your ref no. xxxx

original creditor xxxx ref number xxxx

please note my new address.

dont forget to inform DVLA too!

each licence holder must do it

and you must do EACH cars v5c.

all should be done separately 

and they

Just a further update. Mortimer Clarke have been in touch and their words have been quote: 

"We enclose an income and expenditure form for you to complete in order for our client to assess offer of repayment. Should we receive  no response it is our instruction to issue a County Court Claim."  

I have just sent back a notification of address change.

My thought is the as advised on hear earlier, the next move is not mine.

yep your financial situation is none of their business.

only a judge can demand to see that .

and they

• 3 months later...

Open

Fill this out and people should be along to help soon :)

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot/Mortimer PAPLOC Now Claimform - old HSBC Loan - 6yr+ Default.

thread title updated

moved to legals

get that sticky done

last post by @lolerz

and they

Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil national Business Centre - County Court Northampton

Name of the Claimant ?  Cabot Financial

How many defendant's  joint or self ? Myself

Date of issue – 14th December 2023

do AOS on line by 1st jan

file defence online by 4pm 16th jan (you get ONE extra day due to xmas hol ) (edits by DX)

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for –

1. By an agreement between HSBC Bank plc and the defendant on or around 04.10.2013 ("the agreement") HSBC Bank Plc agreed to loan the defendant monies.

2. The defendant did not pay the instalments that fell due. The Agreement was terminated following the service of a default notice.

3. The agreement was assigned to the named Claimant.

4. Cabot Credit Management Group Limited, acting as servicing agent of the named Claimant through its appointed Representative (Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited), has arranged for those proceedings to be issued in the name of the claimant.

4. THE NAMED CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS 1.XXXXX 2. Costs £205 and £80

What is the total value of the claim? just under 5k

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes posted on here earlier

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? yes 

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address?  Yes

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?
Unsecured loan

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After allegedly

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? In branch allegedly

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Has disappeared from credit file

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  DCA

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Received some comms from Cabot

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I cannot recall but saw it on Experian before it later got removed

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Was given one by DCA posted on here earlier

Why did you cease payments? Could not cope

What was the date of your last payment? cannot recall 

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Was in university so may have done at the time

POC.pdf

can you please clarify the date of issue top right on the claimform

and they

1 hour ago, KP44UK said:

Date of issue – 14th December 2023

I would AOS by Friday 29th 16.00 due to the holidays to be safe.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

56 minutes ago, KP44UK said:

AOS DATE : so 19th including the 5 days.

is confusing me they have it right..:noidea:

and they

The date is 14.12.2023, I only received the claim yesterday. they always seem to back date their letters.

The date on the letter is 14 Dec 2023 so I added 5 to calculate the service date from which I believe I have 14 days to file a response.

I hope that's a bit clearer sorry.

Edited by KP44UK
clarification

ok thank you.

northants bulk is a court, they dont backdate anything. 5 days service (postage time to get to you) 

so get CCA/CPR done tomorrow

do AOS on line by 1st jan

file defence online by 4pm 16th jan (you get ONE extra day due to xmas hol )

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
[if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time]
 register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.
Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...
You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.
 then log in to the MCOL Website
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked
 you DO NOT file a defence at this time
[BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ]
click thru to the end
confirm and exit MCOL.
get a CCA Request running to the claimant
https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/
Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed
get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]
https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/

.use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt or Util debt] 
https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/

on BOTH type your name ONLY
Do Not sign anything
.do not ever use or give an email
you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork 
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

and they

Many thanks for the fantastic help as always.

I have sent the 31:14 to the Solicitors and also sent the CCA to Cabot, its the second CCA this year so I added a note saying what they've provided before does not meet the provisions of the Act.

I will also be setting up an account to respond to the court before Christmas. With regards a robust defence what should I say my defence is. As I'm required to lodge this presumably before I hear back on the cpr31:14 request and CCA.

now its time to get reading as many like threads here as possible.

use our enhanced google search box...

Claimform loan

twill be our std holding/no paperwork defence i expect.

post it up here 1st for checking.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Ive gone onto the MCOL site to check for any updates and the site keeps telling me the claim number does not exist. Will I hear back about the 31:14 request from Mortimer or do I just go ahead and file a defence by post.

mcol wont hold any updates... have you not been reading up here as advised?

you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork 
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

mcol often has hissy fits try again tomorrow you've got till the 16th.

post your proposed defence up here well in time.

dx

and they