If you discover issues caused by the recent upgrade then please post them here.

New post button not workingAdvanced search not workingReply with quote not workingEdit function not working

New post button not working

Advanced search not working

Reply with quote not working

Edit function not working

if you want to edit an existing post, it won't save - fixed

A in fact most of the buttons when you try to edit a post, won't work - fixed except reply with quote button

Hello! I can finally see how to post.

Thanks for an awesome forum.Just to let you know that I tried to click on New Posts in the header at the top of the page and got a 500 error. I wanted to add the screenshot here but I can't seem to get what looks like the "insert an image" link (on the left of the "insert video" link above) to work. Doesn't do anything when I click it. Hope thats helpful.

Server error in Firefox in Linux when accessing threads. Now seems to have been resolved

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

new members under 10 posts can not post images this is to stop sp@mmers.

please read upload.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

If I click on my own name and then "Find latest posts" there is nothing listed, just a box saying "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." My posts themselves are all still there on the forums, but I can no longer view them under "Find latest posts"

Your history (posts) will return as the upgrades embeds.....all your threads should be listed.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Donate button Give something back to the Consumer Action Group   

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

yes, search function i not working correctly.Also, spacing / para returns don't work on initial posting - only on edit

yes, search function is not working correctly.Also, spacing / para returns don't work on initial posting - only on edit
yes, search function is not working correctly.

Also, spacing / para returns don't work on initial posting - only on edit

-quote inserted manually

HB

Same issue

Unable to find posts started by me, the link drags up some very old posts but none of my recent/current ones.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

just wait

they are slowly returning

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

I posted this on the wrong upgrade thread originally - 2nd time today!

I must be having a bad hair day.

On the 'New Posts' list posts made today are showing 0 views but 1, 2 or even 4 or more replies.

For posts prior to today the number of views is always more than the number of replies (which is what I'd expect - presumably you can't reply without it also being recorded as a view).

So posts since the forum upgrade are displaying the number of replies but not the number of views.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Can't change avatar - message says I don't have permission to upload file

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ethel..as post 17

Using Forum Tools - Mark this Forum Read produces:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Text colour changed by self.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobile version is same as desktop on Samsung galaxy s8.

Difficult to read and navigate on a small screen.

Mobile version is same as desktop on Samsung galaxy s8.

Difficult to read and navigate on a small screen.

Yes, I had the same problem.

I found that if I scroll down to the bottom of the page and zoomed then I could get to the style setting which was set at "new CAG"

I change this to mobile version lightweight and I got the old mobile view back and it seems to me that it is retaining the settings.

Thanks all these comments. They are all being flagged up to our Webmaster and they are gradually being dealt with.

Please keep them coming.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Our Webmaster is actually making quite a lot of headway.

So far

• the search function has been fixed
  • editing, fixed
  • replies have been fixed
  • quote function has been fixed
  • find latest posts - fixed
  • a number of other bits and pieces have been fixed – there is quite a list of them.

Also, there was an additional upgrade to PHP7 and this is resulted in a very much faster forum. This upgrade went surprisingly smoothly.

Please keep comments coming. We will try to fix everything over the next few days

Yes, I had the same problem.

I found that if I scroll down to the bottom of the page and zoomed then I could get to the style setting which was set at "new CAG"

I change this to mobile version lightweight and I got the old mobile view back and it seems to me that it is retaining the settings.

It worked!

Please fill in your quit date here
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

No registered users viewing this page.

• Have we helped you ...?

• Tweets

• We will have a look at your story and try to give you some advice. However, it is very difficult to read a solid block of text in the way that you have presented it. Please will you present your story spaced and punctuated. It makes it much easier for people to follow and they will be much more likely to give you the advice that you are looking for
    • Personally I would suggest that we might examine the possibility of you getting your refund and then proceeding arteries to get the outstanding money. There is a principle in law that payment of a lesser sum cannot be satisfaction for a greater debt. There are exceptions to this rule – but the general rule is a very well established principle. I think it might be better not saying anything to the dealer about any outstanding sums - although it may be rather late because I gather that you may already have sent a letter to the dealer. Get your refund and then come back here.  
    • hi, i'm kind of hoping someone might be able to help me out with this issue, i don't have money to go and see a solicitor so i'm doing it myself,,  i recently looked up my credit file on a web site and was shocked to see a CCJ, i had no idea what it was about so i called up the court and they gave me the company it was a water bill from a house that i never lived at, it was in fact my ex partners home where she moved after we split up, i moved out and on to a friends flat for about six months and she, my ex, went to live in margate with our two kids, i stayed on london for the next six months while i was awaiting a transfer from work and eventually found a flat near to where she lived so i could she the kids, i asked her if i could have my bank account registered at her house as i didn't trust the comunal post box, she said it would be ok, then after about 7 months my ex said she wanted to go back to london and made a mistake moving there, she left the house after seven months, and she said she never got a water bill while she was there, the water company apparently sent me bills to my exs new place back in london, addressed to me, i'm now living with a new partner, and knew nothing about it all, i had enforcement "men" threatened to come into my house and take my stuff, i went to court and got a start of the writ with the intention of arguing my case, mainly being that i didn't live there, and i'm not responsible for the bills, i have some letters with my address on from the time in question but what would i need to conclusively prove to the judge that i never lived at her address, she has even written a letter to the judge stating that she was responsible and that i didn't live there, but i'm sure it's not going to be enough, the water company won't answer my emails, i've called up on the phone and got nothing except they are "looking at it now" it's been two months, they won't respond, any ideas or help would be appreciated 
    • don't want images one multipage PDF ONLY please read upload
    • i'd p'haps concentrate on your claim only...IMHO? you are very green and don't seem yet to be taking in or understanding a lot of the necessary information. stop using the 'internet'   only use the cag Google custom search top right here pcn claimform.   the 2 or 3 line std defence on just about any PCN claimform thread is ALL YOU NEED.   as for the rest its not for you to act as policeman toward the landowners..not your problem   yes as already advised before the claim prove VCS have no contract no PP etc etc but the results of that will be for your witness statement IF it gets that far...  
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies