Me and My Various Benefit Claims and issues

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

upto last week I was seeing my advisor almost every 2 weeks

starting next week I am just back to regular sign ons for a few minutes (every 2 weeks), (not sure how long this will go on for before I start seeing my advisor again)

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

upto last week I was seeing my advisor almost every 2 weeks

starting next week I am just back to regular sign ons for a few minutes (every 2 weeks), (not sure how long this will go on for before I start seeing my advisor again)

Yeh a had 2 appointments with me adviser not got her to near the end of June got my sign on for a few minutes ,

No doubt next time U get your adviser or soon they will forward u for the help to work scheme.

How u getting on with your job search

Not sure when I will se my advisor next, no appointments booked so just wait for a letter saying when to see her, keep my head down and keep applying and hopefully will stay on normal fortnightly sign ons for a while

not sure if I missed the new scheme, I read that at the moment it is only for people leaving the WP after april (I left in march)

job search not bad at the moment, quiet over weekend but have applied for 7 so far this week (couple of responses back)

how did your sign on go?

where they happy with everything in your work book?

Not sure when I will se my advisor next, no appointments booked so just wait for a letter saying when to see her, keep my head down and keep applying and hopefully will stay on normal fortnightly sign ons for a while

not sure if I missed the new scheme, I read that at the moment it is only for people leaving the WP after april (I left in march)

job search not bad at the moment, quiet over weekend but have applied for 7 so far this week (couple of responses back)

how did your sign on go?

where they happy with everything in your work book?

Ye I don't see why if u have left the WP no matter when why it's only for people who left after April which is me if this help to work is for people who leave WP they should all be treated the same that's my point tho.

Past 2 days only applied for 2 not much on that I can apply for but must be over 12 last week.

Not been in yet not got it to this afternoon gutting as I have been up all morning and just want to get in and back to hopefully find decent jobs but I will see what they say about what I have wrote better be happy as it's more than 2 pages long lol!

Last time I got told it was signing on but on the 13th week I get to see the one who failed to bully me

that's not good, hopefully I will get at least 13 weeks, could do without job centre hassle for most of the summer

Ye I don't see why if u have left the WP no matter when why it's only for people who left after April which is me if this help to work is for people who leave WP they should all be treated the same that's my point tho.

Past 2 days only applied for 2 not much on that I can apply for but must be over 12 last week.

Not been in yet not got it to this afternoon gutting as I have been up all morning and just want to get in and back to hopefully find decent jobs but I will see what they say about what I have wrote better be happy as it's more than 2 pages long lol!

more than 2 pages sounds fine to me, hope they are ok with it

think I read that it was for people leaving after april initially, but I could be wrong on this

good luck this afternoon, let us know how it goes

think I read that it was for people leaving after april initially, but I could be wrong on this

Better be happy with it or al be raging lol! Not wasting all the writing for nothing lol,

Ye heard that aswell but I guess let's try it out on those people who have just finished and if this help to work scheme is a failure blame those people who have been put on to it and no doubt they will make another scheme up withing next 3-6months.

I will do hoping to get in and out quick but knowing my luck be in there for a bit lol

Just back from my appointment she was very pleased with my work lol she was like this is plenty of jobs u have put down give me a few moments to take them all down aha, this is the sign on person who a have had before and she is the best person in there that I enjoy talking to gives u a lot of info and actually cares about what u do and how I do it and what I can try and have me more info on the work booklet in her words "we are still trying to get used to them says it's all a bit confusing that's coming from the job centre who have to help there sign on clients

good to hear it went well

so you just need to do similar in your book for every week and they should be happy :)

ye

what u got down for your next appointment like what u will do?

am just having a think what tasks to do for the next 2 weeks

anyone on here applied for carphone warehouse recently.

wonder why they let u fill everything out and send app to them but u get an email 2 minutes later to complete a online test basically to see how u handle the questions and what u would be like in store i dont know why they just dont put this in with all your things but u submit your app if u know what i mean?

I have done a "fill in an online application" and had a follow up "aptitude test" a few minutes later (not with CW though). Nothing unusual about this. You will find quite a few large/national businesses run similar systems. It helps to filter out some of the unsuitable applicant at an early stage.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Just back from my appointment she was very pleased with my work lol she was like this is plenty of jobs u have put down give me a few moments to take them all down aha, this is the sign on person who a have had before and she is the best person in there that I enjoy talking to gives u a lot of info and actually cares about what u do and how I do it and what I can try and have me more info on the work booklet in her words "we are still trying to get used to them says it's all a bit confusing that's coming from the job centre who have to help there sign on clients

Good to hear it all went well. Make sure you put the same amount of jobsearch - or more - on each week. If any other adviser moans you can get the decent adviser to confirm that she found your evidence quite satisfactory. Keep her on your side!

Good to hear it all went well. Make sure you put the same amount of jobsearch - or more - on each week. If any other adviser moans you can get the decent adviser to confirm that she found your evidence quite satisfactory. Keep her on your side!

Except they don't always talk to each other about how good you do and do close to nothing or just nothing when they are abusive

got a interview planned for a retail job that coming up soon and and then today i got another call from a company to say about a job interview the same day but an hour after my first interview but i have asked to change that to another day as i had one before them and told me if i wanted it to get a job come for a interview that day but how am i gonna manage to prepare myself for a job and getting all info to be good for that interview then remember everything about the 2nd interview when its not gonna be easy to remember stuff for the first and second interview as they are different companies

Jmulv,

In your first post of this thread you mention signing a new Claimant Commitment at your first Post Work Programme Interview. All the clerical work you subsequently describe seems to stem from the requirements as listed on that Claimant Commitment.

In the 16th post of this thread you say that your Jobseeker’s Agreement has not been changed.

I take it that the benefit you are claiming is Jobseekers Allowance? If that is so, the laws and regulations applicable to Jobseekers Allowance would apply in your case. Claimant Commitment, which is introduced under Universal Credit in the Welfare Reform Act of 2012, would not apply or be legally enforceable if the Judge's directions in the case CJSA/1814/2007, mentioned in post 18, which sets out clearly what the requirements are to qualify for Jobseekers Allowance and what the Jobseeker's Agreement should properly contain, were to apply.

Only by flouting the law as set out in that case can any of the commitments that you appear to have accepted be enforced.

Unless anyone can point to any particular clause in any subsequent legislation that repeals the relevant sections of the Jobseeker’s Act, or the ruling in the case cited is turned on its head, I can’t see how even ignoring that Claimant Commitment completely would attract a penalty or a sanction.

As for myself, I have ignored CC completely and refused to have anything to do with it. Likewise Universal Jobmatch. I got some grief for this, still do, but so far they have not been able to enforce compliance on me.

Got offered interview on Tuesday and I told her I have already got 2 interviews that day she said ok so that's a no I said well I have 2 interviews not much I can do she went fine and she forgot to hang up and u could her say something like what a waste of time and said something else can't think of it but that was surely not a way to speak to a person your trying to offer a job to

Has anyone ever had a interview for cash converters ?

Do they fully train u up before they actually put u on the shop floor?

And if anyone has even worked for them would be really helpful to see what they ask.

Probably ask "can you [problem] the public and take advantage of them by buying their goods at a stupid price because they cannot afford to eat due to benefit cuts. Also may ask if you are happy to buy stolen goods off of undesirables

[/b]

Probably ask "can you **** the public and take advantage of them by buying their goods at a stupid price because they cannot afford to eat due to benefit cuts. Also may ask if you are happy to buy stolen goods off of undesirables

Ye lol ,

Well I don't need to take it if I only handed in cv months ago and haven't told the job centre and the company can't actually contact them as the DPA protects me ye?

I haven't done any buying before and I have done serving but not sure about been the person to buy stuff from people lol

gonna go ahead with the job see what happens not keen on it but something to put down to keep job centre happy.

any tips on how to make you ruin a interview lol?

Remember, no matter how good or bad your question-answering is, comedy-winking at the head-honcho as you leave totally guarantees a satisfactory end to any interview. :wink:

gonna go ahead with the job see what happens not keen on it but something to put down to keep job centre happy.

any tips on how to make you ruin a interview lol?

Chewing gum, dress down and eat an onion or something maybe?