Me and My Various Benefit Claims and issues

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

will we still have to sign on during the cwp as we will probably be on the cwp monday to thursday for eight hours with a half hour break so 7.5 X four days = 30 hours

the supported job search will probably be on a friday for four hours where the provider could check we have done the ten hours and applied for jobs etc,

so thus would give us very little time to get to sign, Also this would be very similar to the old new deal work placement scheme which was for 13 weeks but no signing during that time.

to be honest i do not have a clue how this will work out u would think a quick sign on or even not signing on for the 26 weeks while on CWP because the option is sign on everyday and u would think if u are signing on each day then thats the option u get but if you are on a 26 week job then u wouldnt need to sign on as i was at a small training course and got there and got put on a work placement for 13 weeks and did not have to sign on.

30 hours is a bit much for £114 every 2 weeks when real jobs u get paid £100+ a week and they dont have to do 30 hours to get that £100.

if it was me i would do 16hours as that is when u have to sign of and not get benefit and would mean u would get plenty of time to do your jobsearch and other tasks but u will struggle to fit everything in when u are working 30 hours a week that is my opinion

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone been put through to this Help to work scheme yet? my adviser this friday is gonna choose what i do sign on or got a community work placement and i have not spoke to anyone round here who has been actually put on one.

but i had spoke to a person who finished the WP at the same time as me and i told him i would be getting through to the help to work sign on or CWP on the 20th of june and he said his adviser has not mention to him about when they would choose to put him on one and to me that is shocking as if we finished at the same time why im a getting put on this withing the a week and someone has not be told or been mention to when they would get put on it. im not happy about that its a mess and telling one person this and another person this.!

has anyone been put through to this Help to work scheme yet? my adviser this friday is gonna choose what i do sign on or got a community work placement and i have not spoke to anyone round here who has been actually put on one.

but i had spoke to a person who finished the WP at the same time as me and i told him i would be getting through to the help to work sign on or CWP on the 20th of june and he said his adviser has not mention to him about when they would choose to put him on one and to me that is shocking as if we finished at the same time why im a getting put on this withing the a week and someone has not be told or been mention to when they would get put on it. im not happy about that its a mess and telling one person this and another person this.!

The help to work scheme isnt ready yet they only let the providers who will run it know they had the contract in mid may instead of the beginning of April so the providers are 4-6 weeks behind organising how they are going to run it and notifying there own staff there new job rolls they will have lookin after people from the Work programme

TJR JNR

The help to work scheme isnt ready yet they only let the providers who will run it know they had the contract in mid may instead of the beginning of April so the providers are 4-6 weeks behind organising how they are going to run it and notifying there own staff there new job rolls they will have lookin after people from the Work programme

well i am getting put forward to whatever choice they pick me to go on this friday so i will be one of the first then i guess?

no doubt i will be put forward to the work placement as im sure 99% people will.

see to be honest even after 26 weeks work placement and u go straight to the job centre after it and still no job surely that is a waste of time and waste of the government money what yous think?

well i am getting put forward to whatever choice they pick me to go on this friday so i will be one of the first then i guess?

no doubt i will be put forward to the work placement as im sure 99% people will.

see to be honest even after 26 weeks work placement and u go straight to the job centre after it and still no job surely that is a waste of time and waste of the government money what yous think?

Yes i agree but a lot of people will refuse to go

An get sanctioned or their benefit stopped completely - especially younger people who live with parents thats how the government will make savings coz there be a lot who wont want to do a solid 6 months of full time voluntary work

TJR JNR

Yes i agree but a lot of people will refuse to go

An get sanctioned or their benefit stopped completely - especially younger people who live with parents thats how the government will make savings coz there be a lot who wont want to do a solid 6 months of full time voluntary work

which isn't actually voluntary

ye im sure i will enjoy my "forced Voluntary":-D if i wanted to do forced work then im sure i would be a criminal and get community service as there will be no difference between that and job centre.

they should be less worried about getting people forced in to 6months work and get there fingers out there a*s and get companies creating jobs!

we need jobs not forced work simple as that its not like we are getting paid $100+ a week on jsa we get it ever 2 weeks!

I had sent cvs out and Royal Mail sent then back out I have just noticed that it tells me on each post that I owe them £1.53 and another £1.53 if u don't pay it does the money go up?

And how u pay it? Anyone else had to pay the Royal Mail for letters been returned?

I had sent cvs out and Royal Mail sent then back out I have just noticed that it tells me on each post that I owe them £1.53 and another £1.53 if u don't pay it does the money go up?

And how u pay it? Anyone else had to pay the Royal Mail for letters been returned?

I dnt know but i have heard of it my guess is if u dnt pay it they will stop delivering your post

TJR JNR

I dnt know but i have heard of it my guess is if u dnt pay it they will stop delivering your post

Didn't need to pay anything woman said on the phone the receiver has to pay it withing 18days not sure if they did but she said probz have not and they have returned them to the sender which is me she said the note on the letter says "not called for" don't know why I would need to pay it as I have sent my cvs etc in the same envelopes each way and was only they 2 I got returned

Yes once, you can either pay it via website or at sorting office....i had a birthday card returned once cos i hadn't got it weighed...

Yes once, you can either pay it via website or at sorting office....i had a birthday card returned once cos i hadn't got it weighed...

It's sorted now didn't have to pay it. the company who i sent it to had 18days to pay it and something like if they didn't or something then it gets returned to the sender that's what I got told when I phoned up Royal Mail

I had sent cvs out and Royal Mail sent then back out I have just noticed that it tells me on each post that I owe them £1.53

If you post a CV or job application, it makes a good impression if you put the correct number of stamps on the envelope. Failure to use the correct postage (or attempt to reuse old stamps) will incur a surcharge fee by the recipient and will certainly mark any application down.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If you post a CV or job application, it makes a good impression if you put the correct number of stamps on the envelope. Failure to use the correct postage (or attempt to reuse old stamps) will incur a surcharge fee by the recipient and will certainly mark any application down.

did not need to pay thats what i was told when i called royal mail to pay it

Sounds like you are asking if anyone has been an 'assistant' to 'one of them' on the night shift. Didn't even know they needed one.

its a night time assistant job at a bar and restaurant the hours of work is 2am-8am and i dont mind working at them times lol!

its a night time assistant job at a bar and restaurant the hours of work is 2am-8am and i dont mind working at them times lol!

Hmmmm careful with your health mate. Night shifts aint healthy apparently.

see this CC that u have to put down on your work booklet the part it says i will contact employers directly to ask about and apply for jobs i can do.

do i have to put down a phone call or can Cv and specs cover that part?

would like a quick respond as i have to sign on today.

I will contact employers directly to ask about and apply for jobs I can do.

Telephone potential employers, personal visits, spec letters with CVs by post or email - Any one of those fits the the description of "contact employers". You can even stretch it to include clicking on a "Work for us" link on a company web site.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.