Me and My Various Benefit Claims and issues

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check that UJ has actually logged your application. It should list your applications somewhere and they might also be shown in the 'My Activities' page too. If it has, then screen print it NOW so that if it later vanishes - which can happen - you'll be covered. Don't trust the site at all; things that are there one day can mysteriously go missing the next.

I've even heard that UJ often doesn't record the application in the first place.

its in the application history it never shows up in the activity history

ye was a job on there website that i can apply for as it was not on other websites so i had to do it on there site

Best of luck with your fake job application :-(

ye u do get fakes but i know this company they only put there jobs on job centre they use to let u send an app in email but they stopped it and use job centre.

but there some jobs i know are fake but this one i got told this company were looking for staff and it would be on job centre or other website but a know its only on job centre site

i did not know jcp sent you text messages lol!.

got a text "dont forget to add that you are wage incentive eligible to your CV. tell all potential employers they could claim £2,275 by employing you for 6 months or more any questions please contact this number"

anyone ever had texts like this from jcp?

Personally, I wouldn't put it in a cover letter, but I wasn't aware of this government scheme until you pointed it out to me. I don't really know whether employers will see it as a good thing.

Still, if you've been told by the JC to add it to your CV, best go ahead and do that.

Yes i knew about it - it started in 2009 when i was working an i rang the jobcentre to post an advert for the company i worked for and they told me bout it on phne an booked an appointment for me at the local jcp to tell me bout it in more detail - its a good incentive but they send an inspector to the buisness an it ment the company would have to have all proceedures and paper work squeeky clean coz we were a small company we didnt have an HR department or anythin so we decided the scheme could cause us more work and problems than it would solutions

TJR JNR

It was a bit different back in 2009 basically they

Would pay the candidates benefits for the first 4 or 6 weeks of employment of a 12 week probationary period before the company had to then start paying them a wage

TJR JNR

i did not know jcp sent you text messages lol!.

got a text "dont forget to add that you are wage incentive eligible to your CV. tell all potential employers they could claim £2,275 by employing you for 6 months or more any questions please contact this number"

anyone ever had texts like this from jcp?

Dear me - junk mail from the Jobcentre now..where's it all going to end?? I withdrew my phone numbers from the JC ages ago, they can write if they ever have anything remotely interesting to say.

Yes i knew about it - it started in 2009 when i was working an i rang the jobcentre to post an advert for the company i worked for and they told me bout it on phne an booked an appointment for me at the local jcp to tell me bout it in more detail - its a good incentive but they send an inspector to the buisness an it ment the company would have to have all proceedures and paper work squeeky clean coz we were a small company we didnt have an HR department or anythin so we decided the scheme could cause us more work and problems than it would solutions

have u got this "Work Booklet"?

ye i use to send out the youth contract and now they told me to send this wage incentive out now.

Dear me - junk mail from the Jobcentre now..where's it all going to end?? I withdrew my phone numbers from the JC ages ago, they can write if they ever have anything remotely interesting to say.

ye all those years and this is my first text from them!

basically just to add this wage incentive on to my cv.

but they cant remind u for anything else like your appointment lol!

have u got this "Work Booklet"?

ye i use to send out the youth contract and now they told me to send this wage incentive out now.

yes i write every job i have applied for in it every week even one that are saved on UJ and any cvs i have sent out to companies i normaly fill a whole box in the work book each week so when i sign on i have 2 pages of jobsearch written down

TJR JNR

yes i write every job i have applied for in it every week even one that are saved on UJ and any cvs i have sent out to companies i normaly fill a whole box in the work book each week so when i sign on i have 2 pages of jobsearch written down

see in the "i will" and "what i did" know how there is one side with "i will" and bottom half "what i did" and on the other side of the page its "i will" and "what i did" do u use the whole page?

to me i dont see any point what so ever in this work booklet its like homework at school when u already put all your stuff in UJM!

what am i going to do how when and where bla bla bla

what a life this is signing on!

another thing the last thing i heard about the books u use to take it before UJM was brought in was that they will be doing away with books and everything will go online. but yet they gave you a "work Booklet" i dont understand what they are doing ha!

see in the "i will" and "what i did" know how there is one side with "i will" and bottom half "what i did" and on the other side of the page its "i will" and "what i did" do u use the whole page?
yes i use the whole page every week sayin every job i have applied for

TJR JNR

Well it will all be online in 2015 coz they are replacing the jobpoints in jobcentre with computers so those on jsa who say they cnt use computer or get access to one will have to attend jobcentres for jobsearch coz anything written down wont be valid evidence of job search

TJR JNR

i will log in to my UJM account to find and apply for i can do (daily) does anyone know if i have to go into my UJM account and apply for jobs via UJM or is it just to log in and look for jobs and if i find any on any sites put it on to my ujm activity history?

i will use jobsites and employer websites to find and apply for jobs i can do (daily) am not sure if the one i wrote at the top is just the same as this and just to check if any jobs are out there for me to apply for then apply but if not then just dont apply? am a correct?

just found this for people on the "work booklet"

"There may be times when the claimant has recorded their activities to the same

standard in a different format. In cases like theses, the Work Coach and

Assistant Work Coach should then encourage the claimant to revert to use of the

My Work Plan booklet. However, this booklet is not a mandatory product for

demonstrating evidence of work search and claimants have the right to

demonstrate what they have done to look for work through whichever means

they deem suitable and most effective."

see in the work booklet

my book started on the 14th so see on the next side of the page do i write 15th? then turn over the page write 16th etc?

as i was speaking to someone about that and he said that he does but am not sure what way u do it ?

see in the work booklet

my book started on the 14th so see on the next side of the page do i write 15th? then turn over the page write 16th etc?

as i was speaking to someone about that and he said that he does but am not sure what way u do it ?

It should be OK to do it however you like, but you must cover every day - that is, demonstrate jobsearch and meet whatever agreement is in place for each day. Having a separate page for each day sounds fine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It should be OK to do it however you like, but you must cover every day - that is, demonstrate jobsearch and meet whatever agreement is in place for each day. Having a separate page for each day sounds fine

its so pointless this what a waste of books i say u could say money on silly book and just send them tasks on ujm if u have it instead of typing all the crap on ujm then having to write it all out on paper when that was the reason i stopped using paper to go on to ujm saved me time! if u get me?

It should be OK to do it however you like, but you must cover every day - that is, demonstrate jobsearch and meet whatever agreement is in place for each day. Having a separate page for each day sounds fine

its so pointless this what a waste of books i say u could say money on silly book and just send them tasks on ujm if u have it instead of typing all the crap on ujm then having to write it all out on paper when that was the reason i stopped using paper to go on to ujm saved me time! if u get me?

Aye, none of this makes any sense. But it is what it is. You just need to keep your head down and not give them any reason to sanction you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The guidance states that 'it is not up to us to specify how customers shows their jobsearch evidence' and I assume this still applies, so using these ridiculous forms should be optional, not compulsory. All my evidence is purely screen-prints, plus the two JC-issue weekly sheets, which I get the adviser to sign and date as proof that my jobsearch was acceptable.

Still better to have it in hard copy though; at least that can't vanish like on UJ.