horizon parking charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

carry on

I've moved to the private parking forum..

tell us your story granny...

just type in the box below and hit post quick reply

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On the 17th March I received a reminder notice that I had been issued with a PCN through the post from Horizon Parking alleging that I parked

" in a manner whereby the driver became liable for a parking charge on the 4th Feb at Asda Falkirk"

I would like to say firstly that I have not done what they accuse me of, and also that I have NEVER received a PCN???

I am registered disabled and my blue badge is on permanent display.

I am also a single carer to a 9year child.

The only two places I would park at Asda would be DISABLED and if there were no spaces, PARENT AND CHILD. I would have had my foster child with me at the time Horizon are stating I committed this "offence".

Do I ignore this letter or do I contact Horizon and dispute it?

If the latter, what/how do I do this?

Any advice is welcome.

This is easily dealt with sit tight and the guys will help you asap :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hang on did I see right you are in Scotland

and this was issued in Scotland...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In Scotland the law is different for private parking, there is no keeper liability so that means that Horizon have to identify the driver at the time.

This is obviously a problem for them and by chasing the keeper they have breached the terms of the KADOE agreement that gives them access to the DVLA database.

THis give you cause to sue them for that breach of the DPA should you wish.

Assuming that is all beyond what you want at present then the advice of IGNORE THEM should prevail.

Reasons for ignoring them?

They havent said why you owe them money and their only way of ever notifying the driver is by either handing them a ticket or applying it to the vehicle and hoping that the person is mug enough to pay up.

There is no law of trespass in Scotland so even the landowner cannot sue you for occupying their parking space when you weren't given permission to do so

(unlikely as they want customers in shops don't they?)

but there is a law that allows the council to enforce the blue badge scheme on private land so that takes the matter out of the hands of these bandits anyway.

You are likely to get letters from a debt collection agency at some point in the future and you can ignore these as well since dca's are just paid to write scary letters and have no powers to do anything else.

If you get a threatening letter from a firm of lawyers like Gladstones or BW Legal, Wright Hassal, SCS Law or Miahs then come back here for advice on a suitable letter telling them where to go.

They know that they dont have a claim but most people are ignorant of this so they try it on.

• 2 weeks later...

today I received a text message from Horizon Parking, saying that they got my contact details from the DVLA and warning me that I should contact them immediately to avoid further charges. I am getting a wee bit anxious about this now. Do you still advise me to ignore them?

free way to annoy you

ignore

you are in Scotland.

if you were to look

you'll find NO Scottish claims by any private parking company

and they

As you are in Scotland , where POFA does not apply, they are breach of the Data Protection Act by obtaining your details from DVLA, as they admit to having done. As others have advised, IGNORE, but KEEP the text message as evidence if it gets to court.

The DVLA didnt give them your phione number so that is another breach of the DPA by whoever did unless you have been foolish enough to contact them or place you phone number in the public domain.

You have been told the truth, they cannot rely on the POFA in Scotland so the only way they can jet money from you is if they harass you enought to make you give in and agree to pay them. Block their number and forward it yo your mobile proveder as spam. Basically forward the text to 7726 (SPAM)

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

• 4 months later...

yes you ignore

no POFA nor Tresspass in Scotland

just don't ever identify who the driver was

totally ignore

might be best to start a new thread

of your own too.

dx

and they