• Tweets

• I see they're trying to round up asylum seekers and lock them up for about three months so they can be put on planes to Rwanda. I'm a bit surprised that this is legal.  
    • thought for the day "Prime ministers need a big strategy that tells you where you’re going, you need a bunch of tactics that get you there, and you need the ability to take everybody else with you."   Now I know you are all thinking 'why is the  UKs destination Rwanda ???
    • Asset Link filed for a default CCJ against me, in relation to an old Barclaycard debt which I apparently signed an agreement for back in 2000.   I did not own a Barclaycard in 2000 so I know this is not true.  The CCJ notice was sent to an old address so I did not receive it.  Years later when I found out about the CCJ when I applied for credit, I put an application in to have the CCJ set aside.   As part of the set aside case, I was asked by the judge to provide a draft defence, should the CCJ be set aside.   The defence I provided was that I did not admit to the debt as I had not been provided with any evidence of an original loan agreement.   I won the case and the CCJ was set aside.   Link then filed to court again to make me pay the debt.   We both filed directions questionnaires and the judge allocated the claim to the small claims track.   As part of the directions, additional directions given were as follows ' Additional Directions in a claim for an Assigned Debt - Because the claim is in respect of an assigned debt the Court makes the following directions for the management of claim.  The claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless, before that time, the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents'  It then listed various documents such as an original agreement, deed of assignment, notice of default, statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement etc.     The Claimant failed to provide these documents within the deadline provided and instead I received a copy of a bundle of documents provided by them in preparation for the court date, this was received weeks after the deadline.    I have called the Court to ask if it has been automatically struck out and they advised that it is not automatic and that I should still send my witness statement by the deadline provided, which is Wednesday.  This does not give me much time to prepare my witness statement.   I have never done anything like this before and I am unclear what my witness statement should include.  My thoughts were that I should keep it simple and stick to the facts, like the fact thy have not provided evidence of the original agreement, or the deed of assignment of the debt.   They have provided a copy of a default notice from Baclaycard dated 2015, this states a figure of £550 but the debt they say I owe is £10k.   I am not sure what makes a valid default notice?   I have previously requested proof of the debt from Barclaycard directly and have evidence of emails between us where they have been unable to provide me with the agreement or any documents at all relating to the debt.   Should I include these as an appendix?  Are there any other documents I should include in my bundle?    I have also tried to mediate with the claimants, to save the court costs and time, on a without prejudice basis, but the claimants solicitors refused to mediate.   Should i state this in my witness statement too to show the judge that I have been reasonable and they haven't? Many thanks   Louise
    • Right that's exactly why so many drivers got caught, it had been that way for many years then suddenly changes with no warning
    • The hearing is 25th June, I have downloaded items to different organisations previously but they do it a simple way and I just cross out private things with a felt tip and sent to an email address.  I have looked at the instructions for CAG it seems extremely complicated especially this about having to use a system MSPAINT.EXE that removes your personal information. I am hoping one of my Grandchildren understands things to give me help, I have shown one of my daughters she said she does not understand the instructions. I have a PC and I mainly use a lap top, as previously advised I only understand the straightforward things, sending an email and using my scanner to send a document that I save in a file or send it to an email. I will try and find someone to help me, thanks for your help you have given me so far appreciate it        
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Pepper UK/engage mortgage/Mars Capital - excessive unlawful fees reclaim+Eviction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, surely your application to suspend eviction should be heard in the court which issued the eviction notice, and as On the Case said, the same court where the bailiffs would execute the eviction warrant ?

You're not asking for a hearing to appeal the higher court decision - you're asking for a hearing to suspend an eviction notice.

hiya Ellen

thank you too for looking in, this is what we first also thought and survivor told the desk clerk this today, the clerk had to call the higher court where the appeal was heard, and since its the same case it now has to go higher court in the next big city to us

ive tried to put in more info on my last post below

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya all again

further to my post no 318

=====

we are really unsure why we are being told to do the appeal -

survivor has rung her insurance and someone will call her tomorrow as an urgent claim

she will also contact the solicitor who helped in the last appeal to understand a bit more

We have found the Notice of Eviction

it clearly states In the ((Our town name)) County Court giving info on when the evicition to take place and time.

So why still the appeal to appeal against the previous appeal which we lost.

#Thus is the Notice of Eviction misleading ??? we assumed of course we could just do a n244 to suspend the eviction notice we had received. (which of course was dated 23.11.09 after the last hearing we lost on the 17.11.09)

Edited by angel_1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Did you take the Eviction Notice with you to the local court?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Did you take the Eviction Notice with you to the local court?

no we didnt - we didnt include it in the bundle - Why do you ask pls? now thinking about it should we have done- suppose we just relied that the n244 would be sufficient

I was just thinking that if the court saw that the eviction notice was issued by them, then they would realise that the hearing should be held there. This is a separate issue altogether from the hearing in the higher court.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I was just thinking that if the court saw that the eviction notice was issued by them, then they would realise that the hearing should be held there. This is a separate issue altogether from the hearing in the higher court.

right we are now realising this, but is it possible for court admin staff to make such an error when surely their computer records would have shown them this notice had been issued by them and we were surprised to be told that it had to go to this appeal

what is there to appeal further?? since the last eviction date was the 9.10.09 and had been adjourned on payment of the cur monthly installment and thus the eviction date had passed.

Therefore we agree this is a new eviction order which to us is a fresh n244 defense

are we thinking correctly now ?

so will go to the court in the morning and show them the notice of eviction. the N54 form issued by them

Whats your thoughts now? cheers

Hi, what info did you put on the top part of the N244 - did you put the details from the eviction notice in the boxes, i.e. did you put the Warrant Number in - this should have told them it was issued at their court. If you only had the case number then probably they would only have the info that it was transferred to a higher court.

Hi, what info did you put on the top part of the N244 - did you put the details from the eviction notice in the boxes, i.e. did you put the Warrant Number in - this should have told them it was issued at their court. If you only had the case number then probably they would only have the info that it was transferred to a higher court.

oh jeez

we did think of the warrant number but didnt have it to hand at the time and of course hadnt used it before the appeal - so we can now understand what you say - the warrant number would have flagged it higher for them -

but she was dozy person - sorry she confused me with science mind you at 4.30 p,m today i was a tad tired, now im really cross

so now what happens if we go back tomorrow and it gets accepted they only hear cases monday and wed,

If you can get there first thing in the morning and can get them to understand about the warrant then you may get an emergency hearing there and then.

If you can get there first thing in the morning and can get them to understand about the warrant then you may get an emergency hearing there and then.

yes we would like that but how would they inform the other side?

hiya all

we are going to call it a day , as we have been on this all day and done bugger all and then the silly woman doesnt help us arghhhhhhhh at the court i mean

so survivor will go there first thing and take all the n244 info we did today and also more importantly the eviction order and hope and pray it is heard there or at least this week or adjourned for next week

thank you all very much for your heartfelt assistance - i may have slowly gone mad today without your support

survivor shouts out thanks toooooooooooooooo but we shall update the thread tomorrow when we can

nite nite and keep positive

laters all angel and survivor:cool:

hiya all

it was one hell of a day yesterday

anyway if nothing else it taught me personally not to take anything lightly from the courts anymore,

just printing off the n244 again with todays date and including the warrant no now too

survivor will go this morning and as i said as soon as i have info will update

again thanks to all who have sent your kind messages of supported it is very much appreciated - i personally feel im going to be facing this eviction too - i wish i could do more but unless we win that lottery here is hoping i sure would help others facing this type of stressful situation

anyway lets keep positive have a happy day all

laters angel x on behalf of survivor too

hiya all

its not good news im afraid, it appears that they have to go to the higher higher court to appeal the previous hearing that they lost unfortunately

you can all imagine how devasting this is, to hear that it looks like they have managed to force it this way, it looks like unless they can pay the full amount of arrears and charges by friday they will be evicted

survivor felt that it would not be of any use to go to this higher appeal as they dont really have any new evidence to show and is this judge really going to overide previous judge?

im not sure what is going to happen now but i think today they are taking stock of the situation and im just updating you all incase we havent thought of something that we can do say now tomorrow at the latest

i thank each of you for helping me support survivor im just at a loss what else i can do to help them

im out for a few hours will be back later to see your comments

again i am astouded that this is happening today

take care catch up laters angel x

So sorry to hear that news - very sad after all that has happened - I am sure Ell-enn will be along later to see if there is anything that has been missed.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

thankyou Jansus

the only alternative now is to pay the full amount including all charges to keep the house, know survivor is looking into this lets hope and pray she manages to get this resolved

i have no other info at the moment to update as soon will let you all know

take care laters angel x

angel, I'm so, so sorry, Please tell Survivor that, and that I'm thinking of her. I have been very close to this and only managed to stave it off by the skin of my teeth.

She'll obviously be begging for help from everyone she knows and I wish her all the luck in the world.

DDxx

hello michellej and daniela

yes hiya - well ive given her a couple of numbers to try out, and im sure she is asking everyone to help, i also have been there but managed to sort myself out before any court action took place - was lucky i got an arrangement plan that i stuck to weekly for 6 solid months to get myself out of any court action and to be fair my lender was helpful in letting the remaining arrears be capitalised after the 6 months

But it was a real worry at the time, so i do understand this is far more serious now - however, the lender has refused to accept a third party to pay by credit card half of the amount, they say proceedures have changed and they cannot accept it, money has to come direct from the mortgagee thus they mean a bank transfer or cash deposit, who has that amount of money in cash, only a loan shark and we aint going there

they insist they want the whole amount and really a tall order - so im buying a couple or scratcards today just in case i can win a bit enough to help today

i will of course give your warm regards to them - thank you

catch up laters with any updates - even checked our weekly lotto nothing won

kind regards angel x and from survivor too

hiya guys

just updating you and also to ask for a little more guidance please

we are scraping together the money and hope to have it all by tomorrow morning

but what im thinking now for survivor - how can we squash this totally now

if we get all the arrears they are wanting plus the charges they are wanting paid off tomorrow

so we are back at a level playing feild with no arrears of any kind, how can we get this not to rear its ugly head again should god forbid a payment is not made in the next few months

can we get some kind of order done at the court so that if it should happen the clock starts from the beginning and not that they have to issue another eviction order immediatly

i thought id read somewhere that we can get this stopped fully once all the arrears are paid off,,,

hope you understand what i was thinking of, appreciate your thoughts, its just something ive thought of tonight

thanks again will look in before i go to bed and also early morning

cheers angel x

As far as I know you can get a Certificate of Satisfaction which should effectively stop them reusing the same court order should further arrears arise - and of course dont forget to see if you can reclaim the arrears fees they have added.

If they try for another order counter by stating they have already had over the odds in arrears fees on the previous case and that should help delay things.

Good luck with tomorrow, I wish I was able to chip in with funds but I am skint due to an unexpected house move - not through repossession this time.