• Tweets

• if the agreement was taken out jan 23, then she has not reached the 1/3rd mark so the car has not become protected goods under the consumer credit act.  this puts her in a very very vulnerable position regarding ever keeping the car....whereby once they have issued a default notice they can legally send a guy with a flatbed (though they are NOT BAILIFFS and have ZERO legal powers) to collect the car.  if the car is kept on the public highway then they can simply take it away and she will legally owe the whole stated amount on the agreement AND lose the car. if it's on private property i'e like a driveway, ok they shouldn't take it without her agreeing, but if they do, it's not really on but its better than a court case and an inevitable loss with the granting a return of goods order. are these 'health reasons' likely to resolve themselves in the very short term (like a couple of months?) and can she immediately begin working again ? i'e has she got a job or would have to find one?  answer the above and we'll try and help. but she looks to be between rock and a hard place . whatever happens she will still have to pay the loan off...car or no car....unless you can appeal to the finance company's better nature using health reasons to back off for xxx months.
    • no need to use it. it doubles the size of the thread and makes it very diff to find replies on small screens too. just like @username it - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread already inc you ...gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.
    • Hello all,   I ordered a laptop online about 16 months ago. The laptop was faulty and I was supposed to send it back within guarantee but didn't for various reasons. I contacted the company a few months later and they said they will still fix it for me free of charge but I'd have to pay to send it to them and they will pay to send it back to me. The parcel arrived there fine. Company had fixed it and they sent it via dpd. I was working in the office so I asked my neighbours who would be in, as there's been a history of parcel thefts on our street. I had 2 neighbours who offered but when I went to update delivery instructions, their door number wasn't on the drop down despite sharing the same post code.  I then selected a neighbour who I thought would likely be in and also selected other in the safe place selection and put the number of the neighbour who I knew would definitely be in and they left my parcel outside and the parcel was stolen. DPD didn't want to deal with me and said I need to speak to the retailer. The retailer said DPD have special instructions from them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer. The retailer then said they could see my instructions said leave in a safe space but I have no porch. My front door just opens onto the road and the driver made no attempt to conceal it.  Anyway, I would like to know if I have rights here because the delivery wasn't for an item that I just bought. It was initially delivered but stopped working within the warranty period and they agreed to fix it for free.  Appreciate your help 🙏🏼   Thanks!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Pepper UK/engage mortgage/Mars Capital - excessive unlawful fees reclaim+Eviction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya Ell-enn,

Spent the entire day trying to get legal rep to help us in court tomorrow - to no avail.

Because the court hearing is now being held in another town due to it being a circuit judge,

the town it is being held in cannot give us legal rep as we dont live in that town

AND WAIT FOR IT

our town cant give us legal rep because its not being held in their town.

the result of that is no duty sol tomorrow as on holidayfor 2 weeks

we were unable to find a sol to help due to the above,

to be honest im feeling a tad nervous with it being a higher judge and all.

I am now breaking down the duty sols letter and need to ask a few qs.

Will send in next post.

Thanks U13,

Kinda feeling a bit blue today as if everything is against us, trying hard to fight this feeling to enable me to do a good defence.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't despair just yet, S13. I can understand how frustrated you must feel about the duty solicitor problems, but I should think a higher judge would be more knowledgeable about the issues and hopefully give you a fair hearing.

We're all rooting for you:)

Hi S13

I wish I could help you with technical advice but it is not my strongpoint,

you can be reassured that lots of folks on here are rooting for you and would love to be there with you to give you support.

I would suggest that you make bullet points on one piece of paper of the main items in your case so that you remember them in front of the judge,

and practice in your head exactly what you want to get across to him as this always works.

Have confidence in your case as it is clear from your posts on this site that you are committed to sorting out these arrears and this will come over to the judge

We are all with you tomoirrow

Ohitsonlyme

Thanking you,

brill advice i was contemplating how best to do this without having loads of paperwork,

if i imagine im doing a presentation with bullets etc and then elaborate on them, this is defo the way forward.

Thanks O

Thats the one !! You already know what you want to say and the bulletspoints are as you say simple reminders just like a sales or works presentation.

The other side wont be half as well prepared as you becasue you have so much more invested in getting a good result.

good luck !!

Ohitsonly me

The judge dismissed the application based on this was the fifth application to suspend and there had been two previous dismissals which we had overturned.

the judge weighed up all the circumstances of the case and came to the conclusion that as the debt had not been reduced by a great deal since the loan was taken out

the mortgage was beyond our means and therefore the eviction could go ahead.

NOW, I would say £45,000 in 5 years isnt bad going

how can it create an impact when its exasperated by charges/fees.

Any thoughts on expanding on this when I go to court

i do feel it will arise once the transcript has been read.

Thanks, currently working on my bulletpoints

S13

Hi UD,

I think this was the problem - the judge didn't seem to think quantifying the exact figures was all that important !! :mad::confused:

Good luck Survivor - watching quietly and wishing you well. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hiya Slick and U13,

Fell asleep by computer, bulletpoints done and presentation cards sorted.

Cant do much more now apart from getting more rest and presenting our case in the morn.

Il check in before we go.

Thanks for your kind support and well wishes.

S13

hiya survivor

wishing you lots of luck today go get them gal!

dont forget to take your sars info too, it shows you have had to resort to even that for the full information and that was scatty to say the least

also ive remembered dont forget proof of the house on the market since the start

text me later okay and dont forget to highlight that the judge earlier in the year had made a order for the true arrears to be presented and the claimants sols still have not got this ready for court, and that surely is an abuse of something, cant think what guys help out pls

infact they have continued to ignore the crux of your defence at every opportunity and frustrate your repeated attempts to get a resolution to this

keep positive laters all angel x:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi Survivor, you need to stress the point to the judge that the Claimant's loading of arrears charges to the account has frustrated your efforts to establish what the true arrears figure actually is.

Will be thinking about you...

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hiya all

just back in and not heard from survivor yet so have no news, fingers crossed though for them

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi Guys,

Left court at 2pm - another long day i guess but not as long as Thursday.

Got in to see the judge at 10.45,

he first question was have we managed to resolve it amongst ourselves,

advised sent faxed request but no response.

The judge seemed quite perplexed by this

he listened to their sols for just over 5 mins and then advised the file received from the court was a mess and they still havent received the transcripts.

I then highlighted what I believe to be the true arrears figure and he stated indeed the difference between charges and arrears were quite significant.

Their sols then said it was a legal fact that after 2mths non payment they can go for an eviction warrant.

Also she used case law S8 of Administration Act 1973,

its a mortgage and they are allowed to charge how they feel fit.

The judge was having none of this and he stood up with his paperwork and said,

sort it out/come to an agreement or the decision I make one of the parties will not be happy with.

We then left the court room, and went downstairs

she rung the claimant and the solicitors firm she works for.

I advised I would be happy to pay the true arrears figure to settle this

they wanted the payment including charges.

Hence we were a loggerheads,

they wanted to arrange a new eviction date.

Went back up at 1pm to see the judge,

he wanted to know if we had come to an agreement which we hadnt.

it was ordered eviction suspended until hearing on 6 November 2009,

by then transcripts should get to the court.

Also we pay the £ 150.00 as we proposed with effect from 30/10/09.

and that the fees were being disputed and thats what are defence was based on.

Their sols also mention by the 2nd November the House of Lords should make a decision regarding unfair charges so hopefully that should come through by then.

The judges last words to us was to get legal advice/legal rep.

in the words of U13-we live to fight another day.

Guys,

thanks for your continued technical and moral support,

wouldn't have been possible without CAG.

Survivor

Whew! at least you've got some more time to get facts together. How on earth lenders think you can be in arrears with charges is beyond me ! :mad: you can only be in arrears with a contractual payment.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hey Ell-enn,

With your help the claimants sols asked if ive ever considered becoming a legal rep.

Clearly my highlighters,

my cue cards

and my impressive folder with the dividers that angel told me to get in order must have clinched it.

Not to mention my snazzy suit and glossy lips lol.

Either way it bought us more time and we are contemplating legal representation.

Thanks a bunch Ell, simply the best

Check out your house insurance and see if you are covered for legal assistance - my policy has it in.

hiya all

fab news - this just shows you have every chance of putting your voice and defence across and never give up hope

clearly it is always best to keep going to court and fighting, never give up

again huge thanks to ellen and everyone else who has taken an interest in this thread and our battle

your support has greatly helped survivor plus im learning every day from you guys too so thanks

have a sunny day laters all

ohhhhhhhhhh survivor i lost phone connection and now must dash offline to do dinner speak later

angel x:lol: