style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Today enforcment agents came to my home asking for a person that dosent live here for a year now.

I made a mistake by letting them in. They said they had the right to take any goods to disharge the debt the person has.

I explained to them that he dosent live here, show all my documents including tennancy contract, bills, etc.

They still said they are going to take the goods and then i need to send the documents to the council to get my items back

or i can pay the sum and they are going to leave.

They send i can get refund from the council as soon as i provide the documents. I paid the 400 pound debt and they left.

Is their action legall? Can they charge diffrent person for fine he dosent own? They took the money from my debit card.

Thank you for any help or advice!

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Absolutely disgraceful. I hope you are ready to make formal complaints rto the Council & Enforcement Co. In my eyes these scrotes have done enough to earn themselves some extra paperwork - their P45.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No their actions are ILLEGAL, call your bank immediately and do a chargeback. Stating that you paid under duress. Have you been given any documents by the EA.

The EA has NO right to take funds off of you if you provided your ID to them, you are not the debtor. Was this for a fine or Council tax?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

fine and council?

sounds like a PCN..

or a mixed story...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What paperwork did the scrote leave?

You showed them all the paperwork that proves you are not the named debtor,

First thing ring your local councillor now!!!

they should be available until 9 pm every day,

this is serious, and the bailiff has acted in a potentially criminal manner,

not only has he fraudulently taken money from you,

he has breached the data Protection Act,

so best the councillor knows what their appointed bailiffs are up to, and send in Formal Complaint to CEO Elected Leader, and your new MP.

Do the chargeback as MM suggests,

if the bank bather and bother tell them that you are not the debtor,

Al;o try to get a crime number from the police, as you are not the debtor, they should at least listen.

Did the EA say exactly what the debt was for?

Other Caggers will be able to give further salient advice soon.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Did you not receive any communication before this visit ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Formal complaint to the council about their agent the bailiff

Contact your nlocal MP and local councillors

I hope that bailiff gets his p 45 for what he has done

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Formal complaint to the council about their agent the bailiff

Contact your nlocal MP and local councillors

I hope that bailiff gets his p 45 for what he has done

The dork will probably get a promotion, hopefully to JSA and a sanction for leaving a job as in being sacked.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi,

Today enforcment agents came to my home asking for a person that dosent live here for a year now.

I made a mistake by letting them in. They said they had the right to take any goods to disharge the debt the person has.

I explained to them that he dosent live here, show all my documents including tennancy contract, bills, etc.

They still said they are going to take the goods and then i need to send the documents to the council to get my items back

or i can pay the sum and they are going to leave.

They send i can get refund from the council as soon as i provide the documents. I paid the 400 pound debt and they left.

Is their action legall? Can they charge diffrent person for fine he dosent own? They took the money from my debit card.

Can you post back to let us know whether or not you received any notices from the bailiff company addressed to the previous tenant?

Did you return any letters?

You say that 'they' came to your property and that 'they' took payment from your debit card. I am assuming that there were two bailiffs in attendance. Is this correct?

Do you know the previous tenant or did you provide any forwarding address to the bailiff (did they request any such information).

Were you given a receipt?

Was the receipt addressed to you?

If you could respond to the above it would greatly assist.

Can you post back to let us know whether or not you received any notices from the bailiff company addressed to the previous tenant?

Did you return any letters?

You say that 'they' came to your property and that 'they' took payment from your debit card. I am assuming that there were two bailiffs in attendance. Is this correct?

Do you know the previous tenant or did you provide any forwarding address to the bailiff (did they request any such information).

Were you given a receipt?

Was the receipt addressed to you?

If you could respond to the above it would greatly assist.

I look forward to receiving your response.

Yes it has been some 15 hours since the original post & the OP has not been back since.

Yes, this is important, it can have national consequences so please respond Edd ?

(As for 'scrote', I think that's a tad polite).

Hi,

Today enforcment agents came to my home asking for a person that dosent live here for a year now. Who is the person? family? friend? previous occupant?

I made a mistake by letting them in. They said they had the right to take any goods to disharge the debt the person has. They can only take goods of the debtor BUT the onus is not on them to prove ownership and thats the crux of the problem.

I explained to them that he dosent live here, show all my documents including tennancy contract, bills, etc. Did they accept these as proof though or did they find it insufficient? Often tennancy aggreement doesnt show who lives at address, only who rents the address.

or i can pay the sum and they are going to leave. If the EA beleives the debtor lives at the address, then he is entitled to remove goods. The issue we all face as EA's is how much we can discuss with a third party without breaching DPA. Is just telling a third party that we are EA's a breach of DPA? I assume for the EA to discuss this with you and threaten a removal, he belives that the debtor resides at the address and that you are possibly shielding him.

They send i can get refund from the council as soon as i provide the documents. I paid the 400 pound debt and they left. What documents have they asked you to provide? Certainly, if you put a third party claim forward for the funds taken, in line with the TCE act, then the money should be retuned to you.

We dont know if its illegal until you tell us more.

In some circumstances, another MAY be asked to pay the fine to avoid a removal etc.

They took the money from your Debit card or you offered to pay using a debit card? Saying they TOOK it sounds like you are saying you had no choice and they took it without your consent.

Please let us know more as this does sound very worrying at first glance.

GTSTL

well since posting the thread

the op has failed to even comeback to cag

today they logged in for the first time since

but left no msg

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Post 17 para 3... this is typical tactics for the EA they may/not believe the person/s answering the door that they are not the debtor, as in this case the person supplied the information yet the EA still refused to believe, in this case the EA should have retired and correctly informed the creditor as to what has been learned, then return if found it was not truthful.

Anything to get funds from anyone that is not the debtor is wrong, this is where the rogue EA comes home to roost, there maybe some I cannot tell you, I guess we may get an update when the OP returns after speaking to the LA, hopefully resolved, and then maybe a formal complaint to the LA will resolve this if not further action maybe required.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I would wait for the OP to come back before spending to much time speculating on this IMHO.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS